• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Fabric Softener: What Can I Do For Merrill Shirts?

In summary, the reason for not using fabric softener on Merrill shirts is because it can leave a residue and compromise their moisture-wicking properties. There are alternative products such as wool dryer balls, vinegar, or baking soda that can be used instead. Not using fabric softener will not affect the durability of Merrill shirts and may even prolong their lifespan. To keep them soft, you can add white vinegar to the rinse cycle or try air drying. While fabric softener is generally safe for other types of clothing, it is always best to check the care instructions first.
imported_iteachurkid
Ok, so does anyone know why most Merrill shirts say not to wash them with fabric softner? I don't like doing a load of laundry for one or two shirts...any ideas?!?!

hmm, i must have never looked at the tags...i don't use fabric softner but i do use dryer sheets, sorry I am not much hlelp...i am mad at merrill right now...lol

I use fabric softner but I don't put my shirts in the dryer and mine are fine. I never noticed that either.

This is a "WAG" answer (wild a$$ guess):p. It may be because they are making them more repellent to water and food??? Possibly it may interfere with what they may have in the fabric.

Just a guess!

Thanks guys. I think I'm just going to wash them with everything and hope that it doesn't mess them up. I'll go with you Beth and not dry them :)

I wash everything with fabric softener and never have a problem. ??? Hmmm... interesting..

What is the reason for not using fabric softener on Merrill shirts?

The reason for not using fabric softener on Merrill shirts is because it can leave a residue on the fabric, making it less breathable and causing it to lose its moisture-wicking properties. This can also lead to a build-up of bacteria and unpleasant odors.

Can I use alternative products instead of fabric softener on my Merrill shirts?

Yes, there are alternative products that can help soften your Merrill shirts without compromising their performance. Wool dryer balls or vinegar can be used in the dryer to soften the fabric. You can also use a fabric softener alternative, such as a half cup of baking soda, in the wash cycle.

Will not using fabric softener affect the durability of my Merrill shirts?

No, not using fabric softener will not affect the durability of your Merrill shirts. In fact, it may even prolong their lifespan as fabric softeners can break down the fibers of the fabric over time.

How can I keep my Merrill shirts soft without using fabric softener?

To keep your Merrill shirts soft without using fabric softener, you can add a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle of your washing machine. You can also try using a lower spin cycle or air drying your shirts to prevent them from becoming stiff.

Is it safe to use fabric softener on other types of clothing?

While fabric softener may not be ideal for Merrill shirts, it is generally safe to use on other types of clothing. However, it is always recommended to check the care instructions on the clothing before using fabric softener to ensure it is suitable for the fabric.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pix1114
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pix1114
  • BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • elizabethby