• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non-Merrill Pampered Chef Shirts?

Cooks4u... so I am not sure if this is still valid or if this is something that changed recently. Basically, you can have shirts or other items that say "The Pampered Chef" as long as you don't use their logo or tagline. However, you should be aware that you may not be able to use the words "The Pampered Chef" on anything made by a vendor except as part of your name.
paigev71
Can you have shirts or other items that say "The Pampered Chef" as long as you don't use their logo or tagline? I saw a listing on Ebay for shirts like this embroidered with your name even. I was wondering since the ones on Merrill are SO expensive after you take into account the shipping charges. Anyone know the answer to this?

I want to say no. (Other people on here can probably give a more definite answer).
I'm eventually going to make my own that might cause people to start conversation with me. They won't say Pampered Chef, but they'll say things like Got Stones?, Have stones will bake, and Meet Me in Your Kitchen.

I am making one on Vista Print that says "I love Pampered Chef" on the front and "I'll meet you in the kitchen" on the back. I think the shirts are ok, as long as they aren't a re-created version of the logo or the tagline.

You can say The Pampered Chef but need the little registered (r with the circle around it) after it. You just can't say either the old or new tagline. I have one that says helping people in the kitchen since 19xx (forgot the date right now - oops) below The Pampered Chef which is below my purple apron that I use on Vista... hth!

You can not use the words The Pampered Chef on anything made by a vendor except as part of your name:

Beth Brigham Independent Director with The Pampered Chef (r)

So, no you can not have a shirt made for you with those words on it.

ETA: I called HO and asked about this before I had team shirts made and they specifically said we can not do this on clothing made by anyone but Merrill. They suggested that I buy Merrill shirts and have them personalized.

My director said that you could... not really sure though?? She is going to have my sister embroider an apron with Chicago, Caribbeans, and all the other places she has been. Then when people ask her at the shows what all the cities and states on her apron mean she will explain it to them and how they can one day go too! My sister has a web based gift and embroidery business and she has done several towels and aprons for me with out the "logo". I am now having one made with Give us this day our daily bread Matthew 6:11, and then something with the Pampered Chef theme (at least I hope we can, she and I will have to re-read the guidelines before we do that)!!

PamperedCaniac said:
My director said that you could... not really sure though?? She is going to have my sister embroider an apron with Chicago, Caribbeans, and all the other places she has been. Then when people ask her at the shows what all the cities and states on her apron mean she will explain it to them and how they can one day go too! My sister has a web based gift and embroidery business and she has done several towels and aprons for me with out the "logo". I am now having one made with Give us this day our daily bread Matthew 6:11, and then something with the Pampered Chef theme (at least I hope we can, she and I will have to re-read the guidelines before we do that)!!

All I know is that if you called HO about this they would say no.

Thanks BethCooks4u... That is why we have just done "regular" aprons so far and towels with initals, kitchen diva and things like that and left off the PC logo/trademark. We thought that it could be an issue.... Maybe my director was only talking about "adding" to the shirts or putting a trademark we have about our self to get others talking! :)

The shirts my team has do not say TPC but we have a (different) chef's hat and things on there to spark a conversation where we can have the opportunity to let them know it's Pampered Chef.

Ours are baseball shirts and the back has the person's first name and the number that each person joined the team. On the front is the chef hat, "Beth's Chefs" and under that: "Making dreams come true one party at a time". Had I used Merrill shirts the cost would have been prohibitive and these get enough attention so all is good.

I give all new consultants a PC pin to wear and other logo items at our team meetings so we all have the opportunity to add that to our attire any time so there's no doubt that we're talking about PC on those shirts.

HTH

This is from cc. Since I feel that wearing a shirt to advertise your business would fall under the rules of advertising and publicity

Always clearly identify yourself as an Independent Consultant for The Pampered Chef®, rather than as the company or one of its employees.

Use your full name, and “Independent Consultant” or “Independent Sales Director” (or appropriate title) for The Pampered Chef®.
Example:
Mary Smith
Independent Sales Director
for The Pampered Chef®

The same policy applies when answering the phone or recording an answering machine or voicemail greeting.

The Pampered Chef® Logo:
You may include The Pampered Chef® logo in advertising and publicity as set forth below, as long as you include your name and proper title (see above). The logo is available for download from Consultant’s Corner. Click on “Promoting Your Business” and then “Advertising and Publicity Policies.” The logo may not be altered in any way.

Special Event Logo Restrictions:
You may not use special event logos (such as those designed for incentives or conferences) in any way.
You may not use the chef’s hat icon by itself in any format in any way other than on pre-approved materials you purchase from our licensed merchandise vendors or downloaded from Consultant’s Corner (for example, promotional flyers). Because we want this image and the tagline to become a symbol of what The Pampered Chef® stands for, we must carefully control its use. If you have the chef’s hat icon on your Personal Web Site, use it in e-mail, on flyers or anything else you produce, you must remove it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think (from another thread) that you can use the logo "personally". You can't give it to another business. So, if you have your own embroidery machine you could make your own shirts. That is how I read it all anyway. Plus, calling HO will not give you a clear answer. It is different depending on who you talk to. We found that out during the cookbook fundraiser deal.

It would be nice if they add some outside vendors by request/approval... Merrill's items are nice and great quality too, however maybe just 2 or 3 other vendors would help with a few lower price points accross the board.

Dawn- Just an FYI - you need to take the link to you PWS out of your signature, as well as remove it from the homepage area of your profile here. Having any links to PWS is a violation of PC policies, and HO does have people here who lurk and can see those violations. We wouldn't want you to get in trouble.

stacywhitlow said:
I also think (from another thread) that you can use the logo "personally". You can't give it to another business. So, if you have your own embroidery machine you could make your own shirts. That is how I read it all anyway. Plus, calling HO will not give you a clear answer. It is different depending on who you talk to. We found that out during the cookbook fundraiser deal.

On CC it says the following:
"Do not give the logo, tagline or other trademarks to outside vendors for use on items such as personal checks, business cards, promotional merchandise, etc. Only licensed merchandise vendors are authorized to make and sell business supplies and promotional items that feature The Pampered Chef® logo and trademarks. "

I read this as we cannot do it ourselves either but like it was said above...it is different depending on who you talk to.

Last edited:
The ones I saw had a chef hat (not the PC logo one) and The Pampered Chef with the little (R) registered logo after it. I thought it was cute and maybe I could find some of those cheaper than what Merrill charges.

Related to Non-Merrill Pampered Chef Shirts?

1. Can I wear any shirt to a Pampered Chef party, or do I have to wear a specific shirt from the company?

No, you do not have to wear a specific shirt from Pampered Chef to a party. However, we do offer a variety of stylish and comfortable shirts that you can purchase if you would like to represent the company at the party.

2. Are the non-Merrill Pampered Chef shirts made of high-quality material?

Yes, all of our non-Merrill Pampered Chef shirts are made of high-quality material that is comfortable and durable. We want you to feel confident and comfortable while representing our brand.

3. Can I personalize a non-Merrill Pampered Chef shirt with my name or logo?

Unfortunately, we do not offer personalization services for our non-Merrill Pampered Chef shirts. However, you are welcome to purchase the shirt and have it personalized elsewhere.

4. Are there any specific guidelines for wearing a non-Merrill Pampered Chef shirt to a party or event?

While there are no specific guidelines, we do recommend wearing the shirt with pride and representing the company in a positive manner. Additionally, please make sure the shirt is clean and presentable before wearing it to a party or event.

5. Is there a return policy for non-Merrill Pampered Chef shirts?

Yes, we have a 30-day return policy for all non-Merrill Pampered Chef shirts. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us within 30 days of receiving the shirt for a return or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcnancy
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
kcnancy
  • jbondr
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
jbondr
  • pamperedchef.jinni