• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nifty! Another Way to Help Eliminate Hunger

In summary, the vocabulary game at FreeRice.com allows users to learn new words, and also helps feed hungry people around the world. Users can increase their vocabulary level by playing every day, and by donating rice if they achieve a high enough score.
chefann
Gold Member
And learn something at the same time!

Go to FreeRice. There's a vocabulary game - for each word you get right, 10 grains of rice will be donated to United Nations food programs. If you go every day, you can improve your vocabulary, and help feed hungry people around the world.

Rice is nice.Candy is dandy.(Liquor is quicker.)

Just donated 300 grains!

And my vocabulary level is a 39....wonder how high it can go?

I donated 500.

My vocabulary level is 37.....becky is smarter than me!

Okay, gotta go get ready for tonight's show.

The FAQ on the site says that it goes to 50, but very, very few people get higher than 48. I'm at 3230 grains right now, and level 41.

I'm at 40 and can't seem to get past it. So is Free a sister to Condoleezza?

OK, I had to try this - Greg posted in on the other forum and I didn't check it. I'm at level 42 but only 170 grains and need to get back to work...

I'm actually amazed how words I haven't seen in a couple decades are still somewhere in my head...

But if someone can tell me what the heck gemsbok or oryx is, it would be appreciated!!!!! :confused:

270 grains of rice and level 41

Lots of words there in common, everyday use. :rolleyes:Well, at Mirriam-Webster, maybe.

hmmm... I knew a lot of them from reading Terry Pratchett. Because of that, I have a feeling the site is based in England and therefore includes more British English words.

Well, that would make sense. At least half the population of the United States finds the UN to be just a notch above useless.Besides, they drive on the wrong side of the road.

I got most of mine right not because I knew the exact word but a portion of it...break the word down and with multiple-choice you usually can find the right answer.

janetupnorth said:
I got most of mine right not because I knew the exact word but a portion of it...break the word down and with multiple-choice you usually can find the right answer.
Thats what I was doing too, Janet - root words.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, that would make sense. At least half the population of the United States finds the UN to be just a notch above useless.

Besides, they drive on the wrong side of the road.

I would agree the UN is useless...

Now the UK...never been there yet...

I am going to go play one more time - and then I am off here for the rest of the day!!!
I'm playing around, when I have work to do.....I have a show tonight, and I JUST took a shower....and I have 2 host packets to deliver today. My show schedule it starting to get to me! 6 more shows before Thanksgiving, 6 shows after Thanksgiving......and then I am done for a month!

I've gotten up to level 41 and then I usually realize it and my mind goes blank on the very next word... doh!

There were a few for which I had to make educated guesses. Etymology comes in handy.

The archaic words don't help any. "Forsooth" actually came up in my list. Just because I've seen it used in fantasy novels, doesn't mean it was used correctly. :)

I just used that word the other day at the dental school! I asked them, "How thoon can I come back forthooth replathement?"

Related to Nifty! Another Way to Help Eliminate Hunger

What is "Nifty! Another Way to Help Eliminate Hunger"?

"Nifty! Another Way to Help Eliminate Hunger" is a charitable program developed by Pampered Chef to help fight hunger in local communities.

How does the program work?

For every Pampered Chef product sold, a portion of the proceeds goes towards providing meals for those in need.

Which organizations does the program support?

The program supports various organizations and food banks across the United States and Canada. Some of our partners include Feeding America, Food Banks Canada, and local community food banks.

Can I make a direct donation to the program?

Yes, you can make a direct donation to "Nifty! Another Way to Help Eliminate Hunger" through our website or by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant.

How can I get involved in the program?

There are multiple ways to get involved in "Nifty! Another Way to Help Eliminate Hunger". You can purchase Pampered Chef products, host a cooking party, or become a consultant and spread awareness about our cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tanoi
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tanoi
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
Replies