• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Awesome Site That Donates to Help End Hunger.

In summary, a website called Free Rice gives you multiple choice questions about words and if you get them right, the site donates 20 grains of rice to help end world hunger. I think it's a fun way to get smarter and it doesn't hurt to spruce up your vocabulary.
Tanoi
I recently was told about this site called Free Rice. It shows different "vocabulary words" and you match it with the four multiple choice answers. For every answer you get right, the site donates 20 grains of rice to help end world hunger. It adds up fast. And it doesn't hurt to spruce up your vocabulary while you're at it.

Here's the link:

FreeRice

Chefann (I think) gave us that link a few weeks ago, and the competition was on to see who could give the most grains.I dunno whatever happened, I think we all just got bored with it after awhile - so thanks for bringing it back to our attention.Here we go again...ETA: Here it was. It might be worth a few giggles to go see how people did with it. ;)

Last edited:
Morning results:Vocab Level: 38Donated: 520 grains of rice

Hmmm... does it stop?When I got bored I had donated 640 grains of rice and was at level 43

It doesn't stop that I know of, I think that's why we all got bored with it before.Besides, if the UN distributes rice grain the way it does dollars, of your 640 grains of rice, about 15 will make it to food pantries and the rest will go to "overhead."

I think in some of the info pages, it says that the top level is 50, but very, very few people ever make it above 48 or 49. And you can just click all day, earning grains.ETA: Hey! This was post 14,000!

I just took your 14 kth post with a grain of rice.

Ha!!
<giggle>

Good thing that wasn't a grain of assault.

eshhh - I just tried it - I did pretty good but IT WOULDN'T END!! A person can only prove their intelligence so much -... LOL

My 11 year old neice and I just donated 680 grains with a level of 40...not bad!!

PamperedDor said:
eshhh - I just tried it - I did pretty good but IT WOULDN'T END!! A person can only prove their intelligence so much -... LOL
You were smart enough to quit!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Chefann (I think) gave us that link a few weeks ago, and the competition was on to see who could give the most grains.

I dunno whatever happened, I think we all just got bored with it after awhile - so thanks for bringing it back to our attention.

Here we go again...

ETA: Here it was. It might be worth a few giggles to go see how people did with it. ;)
Sorry, I did a search to see if it had been posted before, and I got pages upon pages of rice cooker threads. So I gave up looking. I don't think it ends, but when I need to kill a few minutes it doesn't hurt to do that.

Related to Awesome Site That Donates to Help End Hunger.

1. Can I make a donation directly through the "Awesome Site That Donates to Help End Hunger" website?

Yes, you can make a donation directly through our website by clicking on the "Donate Now" button located on the homepage. You will then be directed to a secure donation page where you can choose the amount you would like to donate and complete the transaction.

2. How much of my donation goes towards helping end hunger?

100% of your donation goes towards helping end hunger. We have partnered with reputable organizations that ensure all donations are used towards providing meals and resources to those in need. We do not take any administrative fees out of donations.

3. Can I choose where my donation goes?

Yes, you can choose to donate to a specific cause or program that aligns with your values. On our donation page, you can select from a list of options such as providing meals for children, supporting food banks, or supporting sustainable agriculture. You can also choose to make a general donation towards our overall mission of ending hunger.

4. Are donations tax-deductible?

Yes, all donations made through the "Awesome Site That Donates to Help End Hunger" website are tax-deductible. After completing your donation, you will receive a confirmation email with all the necessary information for tax purposes.

5. How can I get involved with "Awesome Site That Donates to Help End Hunger" beyond making a donation?

There are many ways to get involved with our organization, including volunteering your time, hosting a fundraising event, or spreading the word about our mission on social media. You can also sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on our latest initiatives and ways to make a difference in ending hunger.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies