• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Newbie Supplies & Kitchen Gadget Shopping: Getting a Pampered Chef Pin

they are cheap but if you ever need to change them it's not a big deal. I use labels now. My business just started up so I haven't had to change them yet.
Becky0216
I am looking to order additional supplies besides what came in my kit.
Anyone have any suggestions on things to have on hand for a newbie? I also will be placing an order for door prizes and an order for additional kitchen gadgets. So any suggestions would be great.

Oh, and how do I get a PC pin?

PC pins are available at Merrill. Which is our vendor, located on the Consultants Corner under your business, supplies.

Don't spend a lot of money on door prizes, I love giving season's best, and having all the guests write a little something special to the host in it. Once you are a more seasoned consultant you will start to "acquire" aka hoard items, that you could possibly use as door prizes.

Some other options are the hold n slice, twix it clips etc.

HTH

Citrus peelers, brown scrapers, quickcut paring knives, twixits - those are all items that I use for door prizes. You might wait and see what tools you think you might want after doing some of the recipes. You get such an awesome array of products in your kit!!! There's all kinds of things that I could suggest, but it depends on you. Congrats on starting off!!

Do they still do the Booster Supply order? It was a yellow sheet that I think comes in your kit. It allows you to buy the basic supplies at a cheaper price. That would be where I would start. And I agree, don't spend alot of money right now. If you are looking for door prizes, go cheaper - twix-it clips, even if you give two to a guest, that's still 10 door prizes; pan scrapers; Season's Bests.

anything you would suggest for recipe cards, table charts, consultant items?
Thaks for the heads up on door prizes.

yes I got that yellow paper. I was thinking of using that alerady, but also wanted anything else I may need.

I usually don't purchase the recipe cards to give out at shows. I save those for booths and such to give something out with my information on them. If you can afford it now, the table top flip chart is great and holds the different flyers easily. I always have the host and guest special, theme shows, recruiting info, etc in them. I really don't use it to display the product "charts" but some people do.

I used to order some of everything. I needed it all. I also made lots of cute flyers (or borrowed those made by others).

I have learned that hosts don't take the time to read over all that stuff and guests don't either. ...well some do but they are rare.

I now order: catalogs, write on order forms, Pampered Partner order forms, show planners, invitations, recipe cards, Season's Bests, each of the recruiting flyers and agreement forms. That's all I need. I down load the host special and the outside order form (it has the guest special on it) from CC and make copies of those.

That's all you need. Between your kit and the booster kit you have everything you need for at least the first month or 3 of your business.

Oh... get a stamp or make labels to get your name, etc. on all your paperwork - it's much better than writing it out every time.

Don't spend money until you are making it!

BethCooks4U said:
I used to order some of everything. I needed it all. I also made lots of cute flyers (or borrowed those made by others).

I have learned that hosts don't take the time to read over all that stuff and guests don't either. ...well some do but they are rare.

I now order: catalogs, write on order forms, Pampered Partner order forms, show planners, invitations, recipe cards, Season's Bests, each of the recruiting flyers and agreement forms. That's all I need. I down load the host special and the outside order form (it has the guest special on it) from CC and make copies of those.

That's all you need. Between your kit and the booster kit you have everything you need for at least the first month or 3 of your business.

Oh... get a stamp or make labels to get your name, etc. on all your paperwork - it's much better than writing it out every time.

Don't spend money until you are making it!
This is a time saver. When I first started I just used labels. Slap them on anything that goes out of your hands: all catalogs, receipts, Season's Best, etc. That way if they ever need anything your name is right there. Now I use the stamp from Merrill and like that alot better than having to remember to print out labels all the time. Start with labels though, it's much easier than having to wait for the stamp to come. I would also make up some business cards. Even if you do them yourself and print them out on card stock (did that for almost my first year), it's something to hand out to each person when they place their order.

For me, I got the table flip chart thingy because it was so cool and what a great idea....and then I used it like twice. I've still got it and don't use it. It took up valuable table space!! Besides, I put the specials in a clear page protector and then walk out in front of my table and talk about the specials and then I can pass that around. Anyway, I too bought just about everything I could to begin with (and I still get those impulses and jump on them) and I have a lot of STUFF sitting here that I just don't use.

I don't buy recipe cards for my shows because I tell them to go to my website and the recipe will be posted there. I label catalogs because the ink doesn't run that way. But I do have a stamp that I use for receipts, etc. Simplicity is really what it's all about. And after 4 years in the business, I'm trying to employ that idea for myself!!!!

whats the difference between write in order forms and pp plus order forms?

The Season's Best Cooking Books make a great "bring a friend receive a FREE gift" item. I also purchase citrus peelers, bamboo spoons, and other smaller items to use during my raffles to give away. I'd also like to note that depending on how big the show is will determine how big the prize I'm giving away. I once had 15 people attend a show and so I gave away a small batter bowl.

This is your business and only you and your budget know what you can do. :D

Becky - I get recipe cards and business cards from Vista Print.See this thread for samples:http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/vista-print-specials-26859/I also have extra Season's Best on hand for "friends brought". I tend not to give much away anymore. People don't really buy any more or less. I give EVERYONE a recipe card. That is something free and doesn't cost much.ETA: Don't go nuts spending - between the kit and the booster you have all you need for quite awhile!

Becky0216 said:
The write in ones are the order forms I use at my shows. They have 3 layers. One I give to the customer for their reference, one I take home for entering in the order, the top one I give to the host to sort orders and put with the customer's products for warranty purposes. The P3 reciepts I use for outside orders. I print off all outside orders after the show is submitted and mail those with a thank you letter to the host. Consultants do this part different ways so figure out what easiest for you to do.

By the way I give a SB to every host at the beginning of the show as a thank you.

Becky0216 said:

The PP Plus forms should be the ones to print your receipts on - it should say receipts.

Write-ins are used at shows...come in triplicate.

You can also just print outside order forms and use those too...

so for my outside orders I need to order the pp plus recipts? I dont have any right now but have outside orders placed already.

Janet, thanks for the info on vista print. I will check that out

Becky0216 said:
so for my outside orders I need to order the pp plus recipts? I dont have any right now but have outside orders placed already.

If you don't have any yet, you can hand write on the write-in order forms. The printable order forms just make it easier because you can just print out the orders from P3.
Some consultants just use the supplied outside order forms and print out all their receipts from P3. I like the triplicate forms because the guest get to leave with something in their hands that day.

But if i have outside orders from a group, I should get the p3 receipts?

Becky0216 said:
But if i have outside orders from a group, I should get the p3 receipts?

I get them because it's so much easier to print off outside orders on them. I was just suggesting the for now until you get some that you can use the write in forms and just write it all out yourself. But I strongly encourage you to get the printable receipts.

I like the printable receipts - pretty sure some come in your booster kit so just order that right away.

1. What is a Pampered Chef Pin?

A Pampered Chef Pin is a recognition given to consultants who have met certain sales and recruiting goals within a specific time period. It is a symbol of achievement and success within the Pampered Chef community.

2. How can I earn a Pampered Chef Pin?

To earn a Pampered Chef Pin, you must be a consultant for the company and meet the specified sales and recruiting goals during the designated time period. These goals may vary depending on your level within the company.

3. Can I purchase a Pampered Chef Pin?

No, Pampered Chef Pins are only earned through meeting sales and recruiting goals as a consultant. They cannot be purchased or given as gifts.

4. How often are Pampered Chef Pins awarded?

Pampered Chef Pins are typically awarded once a year at the company's annual conference. However, some pins may be awarded multiple times a year for different achievements.

5. Do I have to attend the annual conference to receive my Pampered Chef Pin?

No, you do not have to attend the annual conference to receive your Pampered Chef Pin. Pins can be mailed to consultants who are unable to attend the conference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Stephanie P.
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Skidget