• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Newbie Asks: How to Increase Catalog Show Sales?

In that case, they would receive a $40 product and she would get $20 as an incentive.In summary, you should get a personal website as soon as possible to make a significant difference with catalog parties. Offer small incentives for those who book, become consultants, or who place large orders. Keep in touch with your host to motivate her to sell more.
pamperedape
Hi! I am VERY new at this and have a friend six states away who is thinking about doing a catalog show for me. Does anyone have any ideas as to how we could increase the sales for a catalog show?? Any fun things we could do? TIA!!!:)

Definately get a Personal Website as fast as you can. It makes a significant difference with catalog parties - especially those out of town!
Good luck!! :D

You could offer small incentives for those who book, become consultants, or who place large orders.

My first show was for a friend Florida. She did over $700. The key is to make sure that your friend (hosts) follows up. The website is important because they can go online to order and it saves you money in postage. I also gave out recipes as they ordered things and ended up having a few add additional products to their order before the show closed. I actually got another booking for a catalog show in Michigan after that show closed.

I don't think you need to keep the show open more than 2 weeks. Most of mine did not buy until the last week. It took the host calling to get them active. Once one bought they spread the word and others bought.

Make sure you keep in touch your your host to let her know what is going on. I think that host coaching is more important because you don't get to show off the products the host has to be motivated.

A friend of mine hosted a catalogue show all the way in Michigan (I'm in California) and what worked best was her ability to get in touch w/everyone she knew. Plus, I sent her plenty of catalogues and asked her to refer her guests to my personal website. That was my best show to date (I'm still new at PC). Just make sure you keep in contact with your host on regular basis.

Thanks you all. Will I get a web-site when I actually complete my agreement, (will complete it tomorrow - payday!!) or is that something I have to do on my own??

Kimberly - when you say you gave out recipes - do you mean by email, or did you offer to send them a recipe card or something??

April,
You'll need to get a website separate from the kit agreement. As soon as you get your consultant number (via email), log onto Consultant's Corner and apply for a Pampered Chef debit card. You'll need that to submit shows and to pay for a website. While you're at it, I HIGHLY recommend having a separate bank account specifically for your PC money, so you can keep it straight from your household budget.

2 things I offerI don't do both, it's usually 1 or the other depending on my mood. if the catalog show is $400 or more I'll turn it into a "kitchen" show for host benefits. OR $400 or more in sales and I'll give you a $20 item (or combination that adds up to $20) for 1/2 off.

Gosh, there is SO much to learn! I thought that since I have been hosting parties for years and years that I knew quite a bit. Turns out - I know NOTHING!!! YIKES!!!

ltkacz said:
I don't do both, it's usually 1 or the other depending on my mood. if the catalog show is $400 or more I'll turn it into a "kitchen" show for host benefits. OR $400 or more in sales and I'll give you a $20 item (or combination that adds up to $20) for 1/2 off.

What host benefits, beyond the $15 additional free product are you referring to here? And how do you convert a show in a different state to a kitchen show?

You just change the type in PP or P3. If you have it designated as a catalog show and she reaches the $400 level just change it to a cooking show in PP/P3 and it will change her host benefits. Yes, all that changes is the amount the host will receive for FREE. The other "I'll give you a $20 item for 1/2 off" is her own incentive as a consultant (she eats that cost).

Chef Kearns said:
You just change the type in PP or P3. If you have it designated as a catalog show and she reaches the $400 level just change it to a cooking show in PP/P3 and it will change her host benefits. Yes, all that changes is the amount the host will receive for FREE. The other "I'll give you a $20 item for 1/2 off" is her own incentive as a consultant (she eats that cost).

Unless they have just changed it, you can't change a catalog show into a cooking show (you can only step down, not up) -- so if you are offering to turn it into a cooking show at a certain point you have to enter it as a cooking show to start with.

I send the attached planner to each of my catalog hosts (I got it from someone here)

Attachments

• Catalog Show Planner.doc
    144 KB · Views: 283

1. How do I get people to host catalog shows?

One way to increase catalog show sales is by reaching out to your personal network and asking if anyone would be interested in hosting a show. You can also utilize social media to promote your business and offer incentives for hosting a show, such as free products or discounts.

2. What are some strategies for increasing sales at a catalog show?

One strategy is to offer a special promotion or discount for orders placed at the show. You can also provide product demonstrations and highlight the benefits and features of your products. Additionally, encourage guests to interact with the products and offer personalized recommendations.

3. How can I make my catalog show more engaging?

To make your catalog show more engaging, you can incorporate fun games or activities related to your products. You can also offer food or drinks to create a more social and relaxed atmosphere. Additionally, make sure to interact with your guests and answer any questions they may have.

4. How can I follow up with customers after a catalog show?

Following up with customers after a catalog show is important for building a relationship and potentially getting future orders. You can send a personalized thank you note or email, offer a special promotion for their next purchase, or ask for feedback to improve your future shows.

5. What can I do to attract new customers at a catalog show?

To attract new customers at a catalog show, you can offer a special incentive for first-time customers, such as a discount or free gift. You can also collaborate with other local businesses or attend community events to promote your catalog shows and reach a new audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• theonlyewe
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Donna Althoff
  • swtnsssychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
swtnsssychef
  • pampchef.angel