• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"New" Recipe - Tex-Mex Tortilla Roll Ups

In summary, the conversation about this recipe involved people discussing it and giving their opinions on it. The recipe itself was a hit with all of the people who tried it. It is a good recipe to make for dinner because it is different and the flavors are amazing.
Hunter Mom
They were in the SBRC a few summers back. Anyhow, I did this at a show last night and it was a HUGE hit! Used the MFP for peppers, coarse grater for cheese and everyone loved it. Had two people buy everything (but the cookware) to make it. I think they'd be good done on the grill, too.

Can you share how to make these please!

These are a fav in our house! Has such a different flavor to them. We add drained black beans to the meat.

They were in SS 2009.
The Pampered Chef ®
Cheesy Tex-Mex Roll-Ups
Recipe

2 ears corn, husks and silk removed
1 small red bell pepper (about 1/2 cup finely diced)
1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
3/4 lb 90% lean ground beef
2 tbsp Chipotle Rub
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups grated Colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend
6 (11-in.) flour tortillas
1 cup prepared guacamole or Avocado Dipping Sauce (see below)

Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove corn kernels from cobs using Kernel Cutter. Finely dice bell pepper using Santoku Knife. Chop cilantro using Food Chopper, if desired; set aside. Place ground beef, rub and salt in (10-in.) Sauté Pan. Cook over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles using Mix ‘N Chop. Add corn and bell pepper; cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; drain, if necessary. Stir cheese and cilantro into meat mixture using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Transfer meat mixture to Classic Batter Bowl.

Spoon meat mixture down centers of tortillas, dividing evenly. Fold in ends of tortillas and roll up tightly. Place roll-ups on Medium Sheet Pan; spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 10-12 minutes or until roll-ups are lightly browned and crisp.

Remove sheet pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Cut each roll-up on a bias into four slices and serve with guacamole or Avocado Dipping Sauce.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1/4 roll-up and about 1 1/2 tbsp guacamole): Calories 280, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 13 g, Sodium 640 mg, Fiber 3

Cook's Tip: If desired, ground turkey can be substituted for the ground beef.

To make tortillas easier to work with, place them on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 5-10 seconds or until they're slightly warm.

Any flavor of flour tortillas, such as sun-dried tomato, can be used in this recipe. For a fun presentation, use a variety of different flavors.

Avocado Dipping Sauce: Peel 1 ripe avocado using Avocado Peeler; place in Small Batter Bowl. Mash avocado using Mix ‘N Masher. Add 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 tsp lime juice, 1/4 tsp salt and dash hot pepper sauce; mix well.

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wahoo! because of this thread i just figured out what to make for dinner! my family loved it!

Mine did, too!

sounds like my family is having this for dinner tomorrow! :)

This is going to be a hit in our house...I know it!! Thanks for sharing

What ingredients do I need for Tex-Mex Tortilla Roll Ups?

To make Tex-Mex Tortilla Roll Ups, you will need tortillas, cream cheese, shredded cheese, salsa, canned corn, canned black beans, green onion, and bell pepper.

How do I assemble the Tortilla Roll Ups?

First, spread a layer of cream cheese on a tortilla. Then, sprinkle shredded cheese, salsa, corn, black beans, green onion, and bell pepper on top. Roll up the tortilla tightly and cut into slices.

Can I make these in advance?

Yes, you can make these Tortilla Roll Ups a few hours in advance. Just cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. You may need to slice them again before serving to ensure they hold their shape.

Can I use a different type of tortilla?

Yes, you can use any type of tortilla for this recipe. Flour tortillas work well, but you can also use corn tortillas for a gluten-free option.

How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 20-24 tortilla roll ups, depending on how thinly you slice them. You can easily double or triple the recipe for a larger crowd.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies