• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Marshmallow Treat Ornament Recipe

In summary, someone made these cookies for a neighborhood cookie exchange, but had problems with them. The summary also includes a recipe for pretzel wreaths.
merego
Ok, so I decided to make these for our neighborhood cookie exchange.
Has anyone else made them?
Here were my problems with them so any suggestions would be appreciated because they are adorable and everyone loved them and I would like to make more but....

1) just like when making rice crispy treats, they set pretty quick, so by the time I got the licorice and gummy ring in, then rolled them in the sprinkles, they had set and the sprinkles wouldn't attach to them nice and pretty like in the picture.

2) I think this is a recipe for 2-3 people so it goes quicker and you can't get everything done before the set.

3) they say make an indent then loop the licorice which didnn't work, I ended up splitting the ball in half, putting the licorace in then rolling the ball again.

4) the scoop was not working well for me, so I sprayed some pam on my hands and rolled them into balls myself. I did spray pam on the scoop, but it still didn't work well.

Like I said, so adorable, but not so easy. Maybe, just like with the candy cane brownie lollipops, after a few times it gets easier??:confused:

BUT... I made the festive cranberry crunch bark that was super simple and people loved it. I could not eat it b/c I am allergic to nuts, but it was a hit :)

I am going to try the pretzel wreath with my kids tomorrow.

The pretzel wreaths are too cute! I did those on the 6th with my Kids in the Kitchen Workshop and they all loved them!

Someone else on here said the scoop didn't work so well either. The pretzel wreaths are fun. I use the silicone pastry mat to make mine on. I drizzle them with a different color of almond bark and sprinkles!

I did exactly what Merego did and mine were a big hit! I had the most trouble with the candy cane brownie lollipops.

I just LOVE Rice Krispy treats.

I had a host making them when I went to her house for host coaching about 1 1/2 years ago. (she knew how much I loved them)

But anyhoo, she was using a cookie cutter to make easter egg treats for the kids at church to decorate.

This is how she does it. She heats her large bar in the oven on the lowest heat possible (175) She got everything ready - she used string from licorice - red - she got the cake tester ready for to make a hole in the top of the egg. She would get the egg, cross, bunny shape cutters ready also - she would have her kitchen Spritzer ready for the cutter too.

So now when the treats are ready she would pour them into the bar pan which is lined with wax paper (or you could use parchment paper) the pan is also sprayed with oil.

She would then spread out the treats mixture, use the cutters to make the shapes, using the cake tester she would put a hole in the shape and then lift the wax paper out of the pan and place it on a cutting board. she would then quickly remove the shapes while they are still very warm. I watched her and she had this now to a science. They looked great.

I tried them once and it worked okay for me. I told this to a cousin of mine and she did this for her Sunday School class last Christmas and the kids just loved them but they used popcicle sticks instead and they ate them during church service. Everyone thought they would the coolest thing.

They used cake icing in a plastic bags to decorate and then topped them with sprinkles and other decorations.

:chef:

What ingredients do I need for the Marshmallow Treat Ornament Recipe?

To make the Marshmallow Treat Ornament Recipe, you will need:

• 6 cups of rice cereal
  • 3 tablespoons of butter
  • 4 cups of mini marshmallows
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • Non-stick cooking spray
  • Lollipop sticks or straws
  • Food coloring (optional)
  • Sprinkles or other decorations (optional)

How do I make the Marshmallow Treat Ornament Recipe?

To make the Marshmallow Treat Ornament Recipe, follow these steps:

1. Melt butter in a large pot over low heat.
  2. Add mini marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
  4. Add rice cereal and stir until well coated.
  5. If desired, add a few drops of food coloring and mix until desired color is achieved.
  6. Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and shape mixture into balls.
  7. Insert lollipop sticks or straws into each ball.
  8. Decorate with sprinkles or other decorations, if desired.
  9. Let cool and harden before serving or hanging as ornaments.

Can I use a different type of cereal for this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the rice cereal with any other type of cereal you prefer. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste may differ from the original recipe.

How long will the Marshmallow Treat Ornaments last?

If stored in an airtight container, the Marshmallow Treat Ornaments can last for up to a week. However, for best taste and texture, it is recommended to consume them within 2-3 days.

Can I make these ornaments ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Marshmallow Treat Ornaments ahead of time and store them in an airtight container. However, do not hang them as ornaments until closer to the time you plan to use them, as they may become stale or lose their shape if left out for too long.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • Dotty