• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should You Roll or Scoop to Achieve Perfectly Round Cookies?

In summary, the conversation is about using a scoop or hand-rolling to make perfectly round cookies for a Christmas baking project. The person suggests using the scoop for uniform size and then rolling them by hand for a round shape. Another person shares their experience with using the scoop and hand-rolling for peanut butter truffles. A Pampered Chef consultant also joins the conversation and recommends hand-rolling for a perfectly round shape, but also suggests flattening the bottom of the cookie with a spatula if using a scoop.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Okay this may seem obvious but I'm sitting here going hmmmm

If a cookie recipe (non PC, not that that makes a difference) calls for rolling cookies into a one inch ball, do you just use our scoops or do you roll out? I'm thinking the scoop only makes it round like a ball on three sides but not the bottom so when it's picked up it won't be as pretty i.e. ball like. In the final picture these are totally round and very pretty drizzled with chocolate. (I'm surfin' the web looking for new cookies to add to this year's Christmas baking which starts tomorrow)

Am I overthinking this?

I always use the scoop to make sure they're all the same size, then just roll them quickly in my hands to make them perfectly round. Just finished a batch of peanut butter truffles doing this. And they sure look pretty!

shanpaul said:
I always use the scoop to make sure they're all the same size, then just roll them quickly in my hands to make them perfectly round. Just finished a batch of peanut butter truffles doing this. And they sure look pretty!

Now that makes sense! Thank you! Care to share your pb truffle recipe ;)? Thanks!

I use the scoop. If it needs to be perfectly round just roll it in your hands. If it doesn't matter to you whether it's perfect or not, don't roll them. I'm generally a bit lazier and if it doesn't seem to change anything except how it looks I just do it the easy way.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely help with your cookie dilemma. Our scoops are great for creating uniform sized cookies, but you are correct in thinking that they may not give you the perfectly round shape that you are looking for. If you want your cookies to look like the ones in the picture, I would recommend rolling them by hand before baking. This will ensure that all sides are evenly round and will give you that beautiful drizzled chocolate look. However, if you are short on time or just prefer to use the scoops, you can always flatten the bottom of the cookie slightly with a flat spatula before baking to give it a more round shape. I hope this helps and happy baking!

What is the best type of flour to use for cookies?

The best type of flour to use for cookies is all-purpose flour. It has a medium protein content which helps create a tender and chewy texture in cookies.

Can I substitute butter for oil in a cookie recipe?

Yes, you can substitute butter for oil in a cookie recipe. However, keep in mind that butter has a lower melting point than oil, so your cookies may spread more in the oven and have a different texture.

How can I make my cookies more chewy?

To make your cookies more chewy, you can try adding an extra egg yolk to the dough, using more brown sugar than white sugar, or chilling the dough before baking. These techniques will help create a softer and chewier texture in your cookies.

Can I use baking powder instead of baking soda in a cookie recipe?

No, you should not substitute baking powder for baking soda in a cookie recipe. Baking soda is a stronger leavening agent and will help the cookies rise properly. If you only have baking powder on hand, you can make a substitution by using 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar for every 1 teaspoon of baking powder.

Can I freeze cookie dough?

Yes, you can freeze cookie dough. Simply shape the dough into individual balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the dough balls for about 1 hour, then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container. When you're ready to bake the cookies, place the frozen dough balls on a baking sheet and bake for a few extra minutes than the original recipe calls for.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• merego
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • janetupnorth