• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New PC Consultant: Shipping Time & Kit Tracking | Tips & Experiences from Becky

In summary, it seems that Becky's kit is taking longer than normal to process, but she will eventually receive it. She should patience and wait a little longer for updates.
Becky0216
Ok, I officially signed up to be a PC consultant yesterday. I am so excited and ready to jump in with both feet. Although I am also nervous and spent half the night doubting I will be any good at this.
Anyhow, I got my cons number and all and when it says I can track my kit, there is nothing up on the page. Its says it is only showing orders up to Jan 31st. Is everything really backed up? Will I have to wait extra long? Has anyone had to wait a long time for their kit?
I just want to get started, and don't want to book a closer show if I don't have supplies.
TIA
Becky

It's taking longer than normal, or at least what I'm used to, but I think New Consultant Kits get priority. I could be wrong. Someone will know.

Everything is backed up because alot of orders get submitted at the end of the month. But I think that your kit should be sent out differently than normal orders. You can always call HO and check.

Just to add, it's really not that slow, we get spoiled with 1-2 day turn around when they are on top of things. When I do shows, I normally tell people it can take 10-12 business days to get their stuff. Then you look good when it gets shipped faster!

does it usually take a while for status to show online?

Becky0216 said:
does it usually take a while for status to show online?

When did you send your agreement? If you sent it late last night (before midnight CST) then they may still be processing it. If you sent it after midnight then they wouldn't have received it until this morning.

Sometimes status shown online is behind what really is happening.

i DID it around 5:30pm lastnight

I would give it a little longer, if they are "behind" then they may still be processing it. Otherwise if you are worried about it, you can call HO.

ok thank you

wadesgirl said:
Everything is backed up because alot of orders get submitted at the end of the month.

Saying everything is backed up is putting it mildly. I submitted a show on January 31 and then another on February 2. The Jan. 31 just shipped today and the Feb. 2 order says it is still picking. I don't mind so much but I don't need angry hosts or customers. If submitting shows at the end of the month is causing such a problem, maybe they should develop some system in order to make sure this isn't a problem anymore. Just my 2 cents!

did you get the welcome email with your cons. # and 30 and 90 day end dates?

Count back 30 days from your 30 day end date, this is the estimated day you will receive your kit. Does that make sense?

vtodd71 said:
Saying everything is backed up is putting it mildly. I submitted a show on January 31 and then another on February 2. The Jan. 31 just shipped today and the Feb. 2 order says it is still picking. I don't mind so much but I don't need angry hosts or customers. If submitting shows at the end of the month is causing such a problem, maybe they should develop some system in order to make sure this isn't a problem anymore. Just my 2 cents!

I said it before, we get spoiled with 1-2 day turn around times. The 31st was only 5 business days ago. I don't see anything wrong with that. HO has asked over and over again that consultants not wait until the end of the month to submit their orders. I know personally it's not always a personal choice of when an order gets submitted. But they have made it known that shipping times can go a little longer when stuff like that happens.

vtodd71 said:

Yes, we have addressed this over and over and I personally have been in the warehouse MANY times.

They have lots of "capacity". They cannot help when a huge percentage of orders ships at the end of the month. That is due to consultants. They've told people to try not to do that. They've extended reward submission to the 5th of the month and other things.

You can't design a system to handle your volume in 24 hours when 80% (just a guess here - don't recall the exact stat) or close to that of monthly volume comes in on one day, it isn't feasible and downright stupid to waste that money. ...and do you really think you can get that many workers to come work for one day? It is the Chicago area but there IS TRAINING to be done.

Anyway, they really work hard, work OT and ship things the fastest they can. They have been WONDERFUL this last year.

We are told to tell our customers about 2 weeks NOT 2 DAYS!

We have to be appreciative of the excellent service we already have.

my 30 day is the 13th. So that makes sense. I was just curious if they are backed up. I would like to have my firs show next week already, so was just hoping to have the product.

Becky0216 said:
my 30 day is the 13th. So that makes sense. I was just curious if they are backed up. I would like to have my firs show next week already, so was just hoping to have the product.

Does your recruiter or director live close by that you could borrow products from if they don't come in time? Don't count it out yet, there are options to help you get started quick.

Becky0216 said:

Becky - they usually get consultant kits out in 2-3 days max. You should be fine! :)

janetupnorth said:
Yes, we have addressed this over and over and I personally have been in the warehouse MANY times.

They have lots of "capacity". They cannot help when a huge percentage of orders ships at the end of the month. That is due to consultants. They've told people to try not to do that. They've extended reward submission to the 5th of the month and other things.

You can't design a system to handle your volume in 24 hours when 80% (just a guess here - don't recall the exact stat) or close to that of monthly volume comes in on one day, it isn't feasible and downright stupid to waste that money. ...and do you really think you can get that many workers to come work for one day? It is the Chicago area but there IS TRAINING to be done.

Anyway, they really work hard, work OT and ship things the fastest they can. They have been WONDERFUL this last year.

My director told me this from the beginning. 10-12 business days is an ideal shipping time and very exceptable. In fact, I submitted a TW party two weeks ago and am still waiting for my products. I know that they will come, I'm not too worried.

wadesgirl said:
I said it before, we get spoiled with 1-2 day turn around times. The 31st was only 5 business days ago. I don't see anything wrong with that. HO has asked over and over again that consultants not wait until the end of the month to submit their orders. I know personally it's not always a personal choice of when an order gets submitted. But they have made it known that shipping times can go a little longer when stuff like that happens.

I agree we are spoiled when it comes to PC shipping. In fact, I wished EVERYTHING I ordered arrived so quickly. We can't all pick what days our show closes. I just wished there was some way they could fix the "end of the month" problem. That is all.

janetupnorth said:

I'm VERY appreciative of PC's excellent service. In fact, I brag about it all the time and us it as one of my sales pitches when I do a cooking show. All I'm saying is that if getting out orders at the end of the month is an issue, maybe they can come up with a plan to make it not an issue anymore.

I think 2 weeks is appropriate too but tell that to a customer that is used to getting PC stuff within a week. We have been spoiled! :D

Hard to do without BIG bucks, and then prices would go up.For anyone who cares, here is the shipping information from our policies:
"Shows are GENERALLY shipped within 2 days of the date received in the Home Office (not including weekends and holidays). During periods of peak order volume, such as month-end and promotional cutoffs, 2-day turnaround times many not be possible. When this occurs, every effort is made to ship in no more than 5 business days. In case of a problem with an order, Shows will be shipped once the problem is resolved."So, if they stay "on track" all 1/31 orders should go out hopefully by the end of today.

vtodd71 said:
I agree we are spoiled when it comes to PC shipping. In fact, I wished EVERYTHING I ordered arrived so quickly. We can't all pick what days our show closes. I just wished there was some way they could fix the "end of the month" problem. That is all.

I don't see a problem right now, they are still within the guidelines they give us. Like Janet said to hire people to work 2-3 days a month to get orders out faster is a little out of the question. I work in a facility that does custom orders and shipping. Sometimes things happen that back you up that you have no control over. You just deal with it and try your hardest to get things out the door as fast as possible.

My recruiter is not so close. I will just bank on the fact I should have it by the end of next week. So I will start bookng from then on. Thanks

Becky0216 said:
My recruiter is not so close. I will just bank on the fact I should have it by the end of next week. So I will start bookng from then on. Thanks

You should have it by the end of next week, I don't see them taking that long to ship it. It can also depend on your location. Closer to HO is usually 1-2 days for shipping. Further away can take 4-5 days shipping.

HO is Chicago correct? I am in PA so that should be decently fast.

Becky0216 said:

Becky - don't book around your kit - if you can get in another show earlier - do it!!!!

Just bring what you already have of PC and ask your guests to bring their favorite PC tool and use them. :D

Janet thats a good idea, I would not have thought of that. Thanks

Becky0216 said:
HO is Chicago correct? I am in PA so that should be decently fast.

It should only take a couple days to get to PA. Janet had a great idea!

Becky, it usually takes 2 days once the stuff is shipped...so plan on 2 days since i'm right down the street. IF for some reason, your kit gets backed up, i'll gladly loan you mine since I don't have a show until the 25th.

Jenelle that is very nice of you. So far my closest show is the 17th. So I am hoping it is here by then. I really appreciate your offer.

Becky0216 said:
Janet thats a good idea, I would not have thought of that. Thanks

:blushing: It's not original - I got it on here - They probably got it from somewhere, etc. :blushing:

Related to New PC Consultant: Shipping Time & Kit Tracking | Tips & Experiences from Becky

1. Is everything really backed up?

Yes, due to high demand and production delays, there may be a longer wait time for receiving your PC consultant kit. This is a common issue and the company is working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

2. Will I have to wait extra long?

It is possible that you may have to wait longer than expected to receive your kit, but the company is working to fulfill orders as soon as possible. Keep checking the tracking page for updates on your order.

3. Has anyone had to wait a long time for their kit?

Many new PC consultants have experienced a longer than expected wait time for their kit. However, once they received it, they were able to get started and have successful parties and events. Don't let the wait time discourage you from pursuing your new venture.

4. Do I have to wait for my kit before booking a show?

While it may be ideal to have your kit before booking a show, it is not necessary. You can still book a show and use the host's supplies until your kit arrives. You can also utilize digital resources and virtual parties to get started without physical supplies.

5. Any tips for starting out as a new PC consultant?

As a new PC consultant, it is normal to feel nervous and doubt your abilities. Don't let this discourage you. Reach out to your upline or other experienced consultants for support and advice. Utilize the training and resources provided by the company. Most importantly, have fun and be yourself!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kam
  • hoosierchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
hoosierchef
  • jbachen