• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Kitchen Shears: Reviews and Opinions from Users

K
karlene
wondering what everyone else thinks about the new kitchen shears. I used my for the first time yesterday and as soon as I cut into a food item, they sort of stuck together..they don't seem to spring back open anything like our current ones...thinking maybe I just got a bad pair but wanted to check with others first

I like how they look, but used them today for the first time, and wasn't impressed with them. I don't have the old ones. I do have another brand that I have had for years. Those come apart for washing.

Am I correct in thinking that the new ones do not come apart? The new ones don't seem very sturdy.

The new ones do not come apart but neither did they old ones.

I like both. The new ones are lighter and cut easily with no effort. DH was not impressed until he used them - now he loves them. Was amazed at how sharp they are.

He doesn't like the protective cover - says it will be lost. He liked the old cover that could be hung up - funny... I never hung ours up.

I'm not a fan. I don't like that you can't pull them out of the protective cover one handed. I also don't like that they don't work really well cutting open bags like cake mix bags. I've just put mine in the drawer to use as scissors and plan on buying a nice pair of kitchen shears elsewhere.

mom2leelee said:
I'm not a fan. I don't like that you can't pull them out of the protective cover one handed. I also don't like that they don't work really well cutting open bags like cake mix bags. I've just put mine in the drawer to use as scissors and plan on buying a nice pair of kitchen shears elsewhere.

I already started stocking up the old ones. I already sent in a product adjustment as well. I WILL NOT push the new ones like I did with the old. I know they are not going to change back, so we just have to live with them....:( :( :(

You know what, that thought never even struck me. I don't have the old ones but I have heard only good things about them. DUH! I'll just buy a few pair of the old ones, sometimes I don't see the answer when it's right infront of my face!! :p

I love the new ones and they do cut bags open. I saw on another thread there are a batch of bad ones. Call PC for a replacement they will cut everything the old ones did and more. Don't keep them if they don't work get it fixed asap so you have a good pair for your shows. I remember when the white ones came out it was the same thing consultants got a batch of bad ones and I hated them and used my older ones that would rust... until I found out they were a bad batch and got them replaced!

mom2leelee said:

Yes you can do this one handed. I got my products on Thursday and then had hand surgery (for the second time in a month) on Friday and was able to use only one hand to get the cover off and unlock them. It just took some thought before trying it. Mine also cut through anything. I don't think I like them as much as the old ones but maybe over time I will learn to love them.

ok glad to hear it wasn't just me...I love almost all of my PC products and have been doing this for 8 years, so wanted to see if anyone else was having a problem...I'll get mine replaced...like I had to my trifle bowl...bowl was broken...they told me to just throw it away and they sent me a new one yesterday...guess what??? bowl is fine....base was shattered....ughhhhh
karlene

karlene said:
ok glad to hear it wasn't just me...I love almost all of my PC products and have been doing this for 8 years, so wanted to see if anyone else was having a problem...I'll get mine replaced...like I had to my trifle bowl...bowl was broken...they told me to just throw it away and they sent me a new one yesterday...guess what??? bowl is fine....base was shattered....ughhhhh
karlene

Now you can do 2 at one time & showcase 1 at a time......:D

I really don't like the new shears....they constantly stick. If the old ones are sticking for any of you, try putting a drop of oil right on the rivet that holds the blades together...it will work the sticking out.

absmith1112 said:
I really don't like the new shears....they constantly stick. If the old ones are sticking for any of you, try putting a drop of oil right on the rivet that holds the blades together...it will work the sticking out.

That should work for the new ones, too. If not, try pushing the blades apart just a tad.

Related to New Kitchen Shears: Reviews and Opinions from Users

1. How do the new kitchen shears perform in terms of cutting ability?

The cutting ability of the new kitchen shears is generally praised by users. They are able to easily cut through a variety of food items, including meats, vegetables, and herbs.

2. Do the new kitchen shears have a spring mechanism for easy opening?

No, the new kitchen shears do not have a spring mechanism. This is a design choice by the manufacturer and some users may find it takes some getting used to. However, they are still able to easily open and close with one hand.

3. Are the new kitchen shears durable and long-lasting?

Many users have reported that the new kitchen shears are very durable and have held up well after multiple uses. However, there have been a few reports of the blades becoming dull over time.

4. How does the grip of the new kitchen shears compare to other models?

The grip of the new kitchen shears is generally comfortable and ergonomic. However, some users with larger hands have reported that the grip may feel too small for them.

5. Have other users experienced any issues with the new kitchen shears sticking together?

There have been a few reports of the new kitchen shears sticking together while in use. This may be due to a manufacturing defect, as most users have not experienced this issue. If you encounter this problem, it is recommended to contact the manufacturer for a replacement pair.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cakepampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • chefkeri
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies