• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Shears Mishap: Misuse or Defective Product?

In summary, misuse of kitchen shears can include cutting non-food materials and using them for tasks such as prying open cans or cutting through bones. If your kitchen shears are not functioning properly, they may be defective. However, you can return them with Pampered Chef's satisfaction guarantee. It is important to use kitchen shears safely by keeping fingers away from the blades and storing them properly. To maintain their effectiveness, wash them by hand and avoid cutting through hard materials, and sharpen them as needed.
sillylittlechef
I was at a vendor event and tried to use my new kitchen shears to cut the stems on some plastic flowers. It wouldn't cut through and the scissors actually broke. There is a big gouge in the blades. I can't take these to shows anymore because they look bad, but I'm not sure if I should try to get HO to send me new ones. Did I misuse them? I'm not sure where I got the idea that these should cut through just about anything. Should I call HO and tell them they broke or just toss em since I misused them?

Get a replacement. Our old shears would have cut that. Heck, I used my old one to trim my bushes and they are fine!

There was probably a wire through the center of the plastic but the old ones would have handled that without a problem. Put in for a Product Adjustment on line. Since they were part of your Samples, they will ship a replacement, immediately, if they respond as I have experienced with Consultant Sample items. Don't take all the blame. Keep them until you have the replacements in hand.

You didn't misuse them -- sounds like a bad set. I have heard a couple people in my group have the same problem and HO replaced them.

Thanks, I think I will put in for a product adjustment.

mine will not cut thru plastic bags!! And now the springiness is gone and they wobble. I called HO and a replacement is on the way. I'm hoping they will be better than the current ones!

:D :D :D yayyyyyy!! I just got my new shears in the mail, and they CUT!! Oh, I'm so excited! They even cut thru plastic. :D :D

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your new kitchen shears. As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can assure you that our products are designed to be top quality and durable. It's possible that there was a defect in your shears, but it's also important to use them correctly. Kitchen shears are designed to cut through food items, such as herbs, vegetables, and meats. They may not be suitable for cutting through plastic flowers or other non-food items. However, if you feel that your shears were not able to perform their intended function, I would definitely recommend reaching out to our Home Office for assistance. They may be able to send you a replacement or offer a solution. Our customer satisfaction is very important to us, so please don't hesitate to contact them. Thank you for being a loyal Pampered Chef consultant!

1. What is considered misuse of kitchen shears?

Misuse of kitchen shears can include using them to cut materials other than food, such as paper or plastic, or using them to pry open cans or jars. It can also include cutting through bones or hard materials, as this can damage the blades.

2. How do I know if my kitchen shears are defective?

If your kitchen shears are not functioning properly or have become difficult to open or close, there is a possibility that they may be defective. Additionally, if the blades are loose or wobbly, this could also indicate a defect.

3. Can I return kitchen shears if they are defective?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. If you believe your kitchen shears are defective, please contact our customer service team for assistance with a return or exchange.

4. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using kitchen shears?

Yes, it is important to always use kitchen shears safely to avoid injury. This includes keeping your fingers away from the blades while cutting, storing them in a safe place, and not leaving them unattended near children.

5. How do I properly care for and maintain my kitchen shears?

To ensure the longevity and effectiveness of your kitchen shears, it is important to wash them by hand with warm, soapy water and dry them thoroughly before storing. Avoid cutting through hard materials and sharpen the blades as needed to maintain their sharpness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedtracy
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies