• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated with Kitchen Shears? Contact HO for Return!

I'm glad to hear that, Tracy. Posts like yours were what convinced me that mine was probably defective. I tried holding them every way I could think of (and I have a pretty good imagination). They just wouldn't cut thin plastic. The thick stuff, paper, food stuff, etc, it handled fine.Mine are going back because they do not open all the way on their own without a little nudge...I really like my new shears!
raebates
Staff member
I was incredibly frustrated that my new Kitchen Shears wouldn't cut thin plastic--the kind they make into cereal bags, frozen fruit bags, etc. I contacted the HO, and they have authorized a return.

Since I know I wasn't the only one with this issue, I thought I'd let you know that it appears some of us got defective products. Contact the HO as soon as possible if yours doesn't cut properly.

They said my new ones should ship within two business days. I can't wait to try them out!

I heard others complain about this. I guess I was lucky, mine cut through anything.

raebates said:
I was incredibly frustrated that my new Kitchen Shears wouldn't cut thin plastic--the kind they make into cereal bags, frozen fruit bags, etc. I contacted the HO, and they have authorized a return.

Since I know I wasn't the only one with this issue, I thought I'd let you know that it appears some of us got defective products. Contact the HO as soon as possible if yours doesn't cut properly.

They said my new ones should ship within two business days. I can't wait to try them out!

Oh wow thats good to know. Did you call them up or email. I have never did an adjustment for something of mine. TIA

I emailed. I let them know that mine wouldn't cut thin plastic. I said that if this was a product defect I'd like arrange a replacement. If it was simply the new design I wanted to lodge a complaint.They have arranged a pickup for the defective knife.

I opened a bag of powdered sugar with mine and had no problem. I just gave it a little cut, then pushed them across the rest of the way. It was like cutting butter.

I'm glad to hear that, Jennifer. Posts like yours were what convinced me that mine was probably defective. I tried holding them every way I could think of (and I have a pretty good imagination). They just wouldn't cut thin plastic. The thick stuff, paper, food stuff, etc, it handled fine.

Mine are going back because they do not open all the way on their own without a little nudge...

I really like my new shears! Cuts through everything like a dream and does an awesome job cutting fat off of meat!!!
Love them! I like the look of the white shears better but love the performance and ease of the new black ones!:)

raebates said:
I'm glad to hear that, Jennifer. Posts like yours were what convinced me that mine was probably defective. I tried holding them every way I could think of (and I have a pretty good imagination). They just wouldn't cut thin plastic. The thick stuff, paper, food stuff, etc, it handled fine.
I tried to cut a bag of brownie mix the other night, and had the same problem! I finally gave up and grabbed my old pair.I'm definitely contacting HO.

Last edited:
Mine cut through plastic at first, but yesterday I was trying to cut a powdered sugar bag and they got gummed up and ripped the plastic, then cut the rest fine (???) It was weird but I don't think it is enough to return them...

I have had no problem cutting paper or plastic with my new shears.

So how is everyone liking the new kitchen shears over the old ones? I noticed some of the earlier posts, and mine is doing the same thing as some other people's.

They don't open real well without a little help. My old ones pop right back.

Are there any of you still having problems? I hope it is not too late to contact HO. I hadn't used them much yet, and was trying to use them at a show, and seemed to struggle a bit with them coming to an open position smoothly.

I guess I will try and contact them and hope it is not too late. I didn't know if they are supposed to be like that, and I should oil them a bit? (cooking oil)
I thought maybe they will loosen up as I use them. Not really wowed by them yet.

Maybe if they send me a pair that works right, I will love them.

Tracy :( :(

I called and they sent me a new pair out 3 weeks ago...mine wouldn't open all the way.

I love the replacements!

A guest at my Mon. show noticed that they didn't spring open and didn't get them. Should I get replacements or are they all like that?

That is my question. Since I noticed them like that, will they still replace? I guess so, if other people's are like that. If they are not supposed to be like that, then I want new ones.

All I can do is try and call.

Tracy

I wish now I would've read this post earlier, I just sold my old pair as a good customer; hopefully becoming consultant wanted the old pair and just gave me her list from the discontinued products las wkend :( She also wanted a cranberry scraper, but will be ok with Artichoke. My favorite color is Green but really dislike the Artichoke color :(

You can still order them on an individual order dated in Feb until March 31st...

oh thanks,
gilliandanielle said:
You can still order them on an individual order dated in Feb until March 31st...

i'll do that then, forgot about that!!!

See how much you remind me all the time. :)

Liz

My replacement is fine. A couple of other people have posted that they had trouble with their shears not springing open. They pried the blades apart just a smidge, and they worked fine.

I did an adjustment on mine... when i'd cut plastic and put the plastic all the way into the blades..it wouldn't cut, the plastic would just get stuck between the two blades.
But they sent me a label to return them...and when they get mine, they'll send me another pair....

EXCUSE ME??? How am I supposed to do a show with out my Kitchen Shears??? I use them at EVERY show!!!

Are they doing that for you guys? Or are they sending your replacement right away?
TIA

They sent me my shears right away & did not ask for the other pair. But now I'm waiting for a new green Santoku & they said something about a mailing label, but they are also sending me the knife as well. I think I told them that I use it at my shows. So yesterday I got the label (thouhgt it was my Comm check:( ) I'll probably get the knife today or Mon.

My old shears cut through chicken bone easily. The new ones.... well tehy are great for snipping herbs, but they don't cut chicken worth beans...

Ok... I was mistaken... They did say they'd send me the new kitchen shears, and a label to send my current 'new' ones back...I just got the new kitchen shears...the replacement. SO happy to get them before my next show...
Came inside, opened them up...... THEY DON"T SPRING BACK GOOD!
My other 'new' ones would spring open good, but not cut plastic...
These, cut plastic fine but don't spring open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry...very frustrated... hard to sell something that i don't love...and the BIG problem is...I L O V E D the OLD WHITE ONES!
Still love them , still use them...easy to grab, one handed.... I"M SICK that they discontinued them!
One of my FAVORITE products was replaced with something i'm just not feeling.
Hopefully I will feel it soon!

Did an adjustment on mine as well. Not cutting plastic. Ugh.

ChefNic said:
Ok... I was mistaken... They did say they'd send me the new kitchen shears, and a label to send my current 'new' ones back...I just got the new kitchen shears...the replacement. SO happy to get them before my next show...
Came inside, opened them up...... THEY DON"T SPRING BACK GOOD!
My other 'new' ones would spring open good, but not cut plastic...
These, cut plastic fine but don't spring open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry...very frustrated... hard to sell something that i don't love...and the BIG problem is...I L O V E D the OLD WHITE ONES!
Still love them , still use them...easy to grab, one handed.... I"M SICK that they discontinued them!
One of my FAVORITE products was replaced with something i'm just not feeling.
Hopefully I will feel it soon!

I totally feel the same way, so I stocked up on mine!!!:cool:

I really dislike the new ones, except for the herb stripper feature. They don't spring back strongly like the old ones, and have a flimsy feel to them. I wonder if the blades don't extend up as far into the handles or something? They just feel too "light" in my hands... I wouldn't try cutting chicken bones with them like I would the old ones!

I think we should all write in to PC and ask that they bring the old design back... with the herb stripper attachment.

chefmelody said:
I really dislike the new ones, except for the herb stripper feature. They don't spring back strongly like the old ones, and have a flimsy feel to them. I wonder if the blades don't extend up as far into the handles or something? They just feel too "light" in my hands... I wouldn't try cutting chicken bones with them like I would the old ones!

I think we should all write in to PC and ask that they bring the old design back... with the herb stripper attachment.

I agree.
I called HO and told the poor girl how I felt. I let her know I knew it wasn't her fault. But I'm just unsatisfied. Love the old ones. She said she knows they are working on them not springing open, etc. She wondered if they would change them. I said, bring back the old ones! LOL

It's just hard to sell something that I don't love...and I use the kitchen shears so much at shows, that it's hard to answer questions honestly, and not sound like I'm bashing them! I think some people would be thrilled with them - if they have nothing better to compare them to .
These new ones aren't strong enough to cut through a penny like the old ones!

Thank you Rea
raebates said:

I too have had problems with plastic. I came looking for advice on weither to call HO. I'll call them first thing next week. or Are they open tomorrow (SAT)?

I can understand restyling alot of the products that were restyled this season...but I just don't get totally changing scissors that we all loved. When I do the part of my show where everyone tells their favorite PC product - someone ALWAYS mentions the (old) scissors - and I sold a ton of them......"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

gilliandanielle said:

Has anyone tried this recently? I tried submitting an individual order with discontinued products the month after back in the fall, and got an e-mail from HO saying the order was cancelled because the products were discontinued. I have a customer that really wants an item that was just discontinued, and I don't want to tell her I can still order it for her and than have it not go through...

chefbritt said:
Has anyone tried this recently? I tried submitting an individual order with discontinued products the month after back in the fall, and got an e-mail from HO saying the order was cancelled because the products were discontinued. I have a customer that really wants an item that was just discontinued, and I don't want to tell her I can still order it for her and than have it not go through...

As long as you make sure you change the date to February, it should work! I just received a shipment two days ago that included the old style kitchen shears along with other discontinued products!

dannyzmom said:
Mine are going back because they do not open all the way on their own without a little nudge...

Mine to the exact same thing! I thought I was the only one. And my blades are rusting as well.

Same here. Mine do not "spring" back and forth like the old ones. Plus with my old ones I could have the "meat" or whatever in one hand and pick up the shears with the other...totally one handed. Driving me crazy! I wish if they were going to change them, they had just made the old ones black! I find myself using my old ones all the time.......do we have to send the new ones back? Or will they just send us a new pair. I don't even want to sell any at this point!

Last edited:
Definitely call home office, they'll send you a new one..seems to take a while...and they'll send you mailing label to send those back.

And speak your mind...I told the girl that it's hard to sell something when I liked the old ones BETTER!

One of my hosts just got her stuff last week, and she opened everyone's kitchens shears because I told her the problem that I was having with mine. (not opening well, very tight) 3 of the shears were like that. I am doing a product adjustment on them. When I submitted it online, they didn't require sending the other ones back.

The host was very surprised that PC would sell a product that is having so much trouble.

I hope they do something soon. Like so many others, I can't sell something that I don't like myself

BRING US SOME GOOD KITCHEN SHEARS!!

Tracy

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • sillylittlechef