• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Tool Turn About Spin Issue

In summary, the white TTA that was replaced by the newer design does not spin properly when placed on the counter. The Carving set with platter is a great purchase, and the twix-its are a great addition to the colors available.
ChefPaulaB
I just received an outlet order with the Tool Turn About set with the kitchen cutters and twix-its... But the TTA doesn't spin... if I hold it up and spin the bottom it moves but when it's on the counter it doesn't spin at all... does anyone have the white one, did you have problems with it or is it just this one. Not sure if I should call HO or just live with it. Bought to put my kids craft stuff in, but would be nice if it worked. Also, just an FYI... the "Kitchen Cutters" are not the same as the white Kitchen Shears that are also being sold on the outlet... they are an off white and don't seem to be as smooth when cutting and they don't say PC on them anywhere... not sure how old this model is, but guessing pretty old. On a good note, I also ordered the Carving set with platter and love it (haven't tried it yet, but looks great and love the possibilities!). Any thoughts or opinions on the TTA would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

I had the old white one and it had difficulty turning, but it did turn. It definitely did not work as well as the new restyled one. If it doesn't turn at all with nothing in it, I would call HO and see what they say about it.
Also, thanks for the note about cutters, b/c the picture looks like it is the shears, so I am glad to know it's not.

I also have an old one that is supposed to spin, but doesn't properly when placed on the counter. Its just for sewing stuff, so I don't care.

On the shears, those are the ones before the white ones. I've had mine for about 10 years, still work great!

Isn't the outlet no warranty or return unless it is damaged in shipment? I cannot remember the exact details of it.

My white one turned fine empty but not very well with things in it.

My husband took it apart and sprayed the ball bearings with some silicone spray and it's better, and I'm just using it for the kids craft stuff, so it'll be okay, I'm not going to mess with calling now... and the cutters work, they just aren't as nice, but they'll be good for using for tools, I already have a couple of the new ones in the kitchen, these will just be a spare, so will use these for things other than kitchen. Still a great deal... plus I have the twix-its for prizes! And love the colors of those!

The white ones didn't turn well, that's why they restyled it.

And all outlet orders are final
"Items purchased from the Outlet are final sale, and may not be returned or exchanged unless damage occurs in shipment. Replacement is subject to availability."

A GREAT use for the white TTA is you can add strings of white beads & things, it will look like a 3 tier layer cake. Its great for Bridal Shows/Showers...:D

What are the possible causes for the tool turn about spin issue?

The most common causes for the tool turn about spin issue are:
- Improper assembly of the turn about base
- Uneven weight distribution of tools on the turn about
- Damaged or worn out bearings
- Dirt or debris stuck in the turn about mechanism
- Incorrect placement of tools on the turn about
To troubleshoot this issue, make sure the turn about is assembled correctly, evenly distribute the weight of tools, check for any damage or debris, and ensure proper placement of tools.

How can I fix the tool turn about spin issue?

If the issue is caused by uneven weight distribution, try rearranging the tools to evenly distribute the weight. If the bearings are damaged or worn out, they will need to be replaced. Clean any dirt or debris from the turn about mechanism and ensure proper assembly of the turn about base. If the issue persists, contact Pampered Chef customer service for further assistance.

Why is my turn about not spinning smoothly?

The turn about may not spin smoothly due to a few reasons:
- Dirt or debris stuck in the turn about mechanism
- Damaged or worn out bearings
- Uneven weight distribution of tools on the turn about
To fix this issue, clean any dirt or debris from the turn about mechanism, replace damaged bearings, and evenly distribute the weight of tools on the turn about.

Can I use the turn about for heavy or large kitchen tools?

The turn about is designed to hold and rotate lightweight kitchen tools. It is not recommended to use it for heavy or large tools, as this can cause strain on the turn about and potentially lead to the spin issue. We recommend using the turn about for tools such as spatulas, ladles, and tongs.

What is the weight limit for the turn about?

The turn about can hold up to 6 pounds of weight. However, we recommend keeping it at a maximum of 4 pounds for optimal performance and to prevent strain on the mechanism. It is important to evenly distribute the weight of tools on the turn about to avoid any issues with spinning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dancedivine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • kdietrich
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Suzy Englert