• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultants, Check Your 1099

In summary, there have been reports of incorrect consultant rewards being listed on the 1099 forms for many individuals. The rewards for the 30 and 90 rewards (PC$) are showing up as 1/10th of what they should be. It is recommended to double check your 1099 and if there are any errors, call 1-888-OUR-CHEF or go to the solution center for assistance. It is also suggested that each individual calls to report the issue. For those who did not earn over $600, there will not be a 1099 issued and they will need to keep track of their earnings for tax purposes.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Just in case you didn't see or read the other thread, it looks as though the new consultant rewards have been reported incorrectly for alot of us.

It seems that the 30 and 90 rewards (PC$) are reported as only 1/10th of what they should be! For example mine says 65 instead of 650.

SO, if you got some new consultant rewards, double check your 1099. On mine, it is also listed as 12/31/2008 instead of the actual date, I figure that is probably just how they choose to post them for the whole year.

this stinks. I got mine yesterday and filed my taxes this morning. I never paid any mind to the form, just input the numbers. Now I have to figure out what to do.

AnnieBee said:
Just in case you didn't see or read the other thread, it looks as though the new consultant rewards have been reported incorrectly for alot of us.

It seems that the 30 and 90 rewards (PC$) are reported as only 1/10th of what they should be! For example mine says 65 instead of 650.

SO, if you got some new consultant rewards, double check your 1099. On mine, it is also listed as 12/31/2008 instead of the actual date, I figure that is probably just how they choose to post them for the whole year.

Did you get a hold of HO? I need to call them today. I was wondering what they said to you also what number did you call?

They have posted 1099's on CC and some that had errors say that the ones that are up on CC are corrected. You can print that off and use it for your taxes if it is corrected for you already, otherwise call 1-888-OUR-CHEF and take the prompt that mentions financial or go to solution center (5) and they'll transfer you to the right place.

Wow! This seems like a big mistake. Does this happen often?

BethCooks4U said:
They have posted 1099's on CC and some that had errors say that the ones that are up on CC are corrected. You can print that off and use it for your taxes if it is corrected for you already, otherwise call 1-888-OUR-CHEF and take the prompt that mentions financial or go to solution center (5) and they'll transfer you to the right place.

Thanks Beth for the info. Last time I checked CC (before I got mine in the mail) mine was not up, I'll go look again.

Where are the 1099's on cc?

Look in Consultant's Corner Under Managing Your Business> Financial Forms and Applications> Tax Information> My 1099.

I just now checked and mine is still wrong as of right now. Are we all supposed to call them individually and ask for corrections or are they going to fix all the ones that are wrong???​

I would suggest each person call. That way they have record of the problem. There is a chance that they might issue an e-mail or something if there are enough consultants with the problem.

Mine is wrong too, and it's wrong on CC. I'll call too. I am shocked to see how much I earned this year as apposed to how much I have left :eek: Don't really want DH to see the difference! He'll know how much I've spent on new PC products! Oops! :blushing: Guess I'd better stop buying so much! :cry:

I just had to leave a message with HO's tax dept. My bet is that they're getting ALOT of calls on this...hopefully it's taken care of pretty quickly.

This may have been asked on a previous thread, but what do you do if you don't get a 1099 b/c you didn't make $600? Ho do you report that on your taxes?

See Post #8 right above this -- tells how to get your 1099 on Consultants Corner.​

You won't be issued a 1099 if you make less than $600. You'll just need to keep track of the commissions/products/rewards that you did earn & include those with your taxes.

Related to New Consultants, Check Your 1099

1. What is a 1099 form?

A 1099 form is a tax document that reports income received from sources other than an employer, such as freelance work or consulting services. It is used to report income to the IRS and is typically issued by the payer to the recipient.

2. Who receives a 1099 form?

Individuals who have received $600 or more in income from a payer during the tax year are typically issued a 1099 form. This includes independent contractors, self-employed individuals, and freelancers.

3. Do I need to report my 1099 income on my tax return?

Yes, any income reported on a 1099 form must be reported on your tax return. This income is subject to self-employment taxes and may also be subject to federal and state income taxes.

4. How do I know if I should receive a 1099 form?

If you have received income from a payer for consulting services or other non-employee work, you should receive a 1099 form if the amount is $600 or more. It is important to keep track of your income and request a 1099 form from the payer if you do not receive one by the end of January.

5. What should I do if I haven't received a 1099 form?

If you have not received a 1099 form from a payer by the end of January, you should contact the payer to request one. If you do not receive a form, you are still responsible for reporting your income on your tax return.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
jesusluvsu2005
Replies
Views
baychef
  • MandyH
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies