• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Goofy Dates on 1099 - and Other Stuff...

In summary, the individual has received a 1099 form for 2008 that does not match the dates of their monthly commission statement. The individual is concerned about missing out on bonus earnings and has placed a call to finance.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
So I got my 1099 today, and I don't know if I'm not understanding it, or if it has got a lot of mistakes...

Hopefully someone can help me?!

The following things are all in the "other income" part

1) lists PC$100 on 5/15/2008. I'm guessing this is the recruiting bonus from when I signed up, but I didn't sign up until 5/25/2008!!

2) Doesn't show my PC$ from first 30 and 90 days. Should I be concerned?

3) Lists Fall SAT products as 7/15/2008, SAT month wasn't until August, we got the stuff in September...

4) Lists PC$65 as a "New consultant reward" on 12/31/2008. I have never received a deposit of PC$65, didn't get anything deposited on this date (or at all since September!), and the new consultant bonuses were all either PC$50 or PC$100...

So, am I totally mis-understanding something, or are there some major mistakes on my form???

And yes, it does have my name and consultant # correct!

Fall SAT took place during June... so that is probably why the date is July ...As for #4, did you get a free product for qualifying??? that might be it...

AnnieBee said:
So I got my 1099 today, and I don't know if I'm not understanding it, or if it has got a lot of mistakes...

Hopefully someone can help me?!

The following things are all in the "other income" part

1) lists PC$100 on 5/15/2008. I'm guessing this is the recruiting bonus from when I signed up, but I didn't sign up until 5/25/2008!! I would check with them on this one. I'm looking at mine right now. I have the recruit promo cash bonus for promoting to FD in Oct. Mine is dated for 9/15/2008. Maybe it goes back to the middle of the month that you earned.

2) Doesn't show my PC$ from first 30 and 90 days. Should I be concerned? I would check with them on this one. Maybe the item #1 is actually your PC$ from your 30 & 90 days. I don't really remember a cash recruit bonus for May, but I'm probably wrong.

3) Lists Fall SAT products as 7/15/2008, SAT month wasn't until August, we got the stuff in September... SAT was June & items would have been received in July

4) Lists PC$65 as a "New consultant reward" on 12/31/2008. I have never received a deposit of PC$65, didn't get anything deposited on this date (or at all since September!), and the new consultant bonuses were all either PC$50 or PC$100... I would check with them on this one - Did you sell $1500 in Dec for the 5% bonus? Maybe it's just flagged wrong.

So, am I totally mis-understanding something, or are there some major mistakes on my form???

And yes, it does have my name and consultant # correct!

See my bolded notes above

The sixty five sounds like the deep covered baker.. did you earn it?

Crystal,

May did have a $100 recruiting bonus, you could be right about them just dating it as the 15th of the month.

June SAT - I totally mis remembered the dates for that one!

30 and 90 day bonuses - I earned PC$650!! None of these have shown up!

Dec SAT - didn't earn anything - I wish I had!

I'm totally confused then!

Do you think the new consultant reward was a typo & should have been 650 instead of 65? Especially since they labeled it that way. You wouldn't have a new cons. reward in Dec. if you signed in May.

Sounds to me like you have a phone call to finance to make. They should still be there. I had to fix mine last year too. They were pretty quick about it.

I think #1 & #3 are ok, but I would def check on #2 & #4.

Mine says Pc dollars- New cons reward 12/31/08 $60, when I actually earned $600 in my first 30 90 days. So am I supposed to get a hold of someone for this?

I just realized that the monthly amounts on my 1099, do not agree with the line on the monthly statements that reads "TOTAL PARTY COMMISSIONS. What they are reporting on our 1099, is the Monthly Commission Paid or NET amount after they subtract our INSURANCE and SHIPPING charges. In some cases they have added in the REFUND for the defective Spredders and put them into our Commission totals.

I mention this only to warn you not to double subtract the INSURANCE AND SHIPPING,
when you do your Schedule "C"s. Pampered Chef has already done that, whether it
is the correct accounting method or not. I have placed a call to home office number on the bottom of the 2007 1099 which was 1-630-261-8528. Has anyone else talked with them about the differences you have between the items I mentioned in the first paragraph?

Rita, I have noticed that they add returns back in which is ANNOYING! The past few years I've just ignored it because it wasn't that much, but maybe this year I'll make them fix it. :)

crystalscookingnow said:
I'm totally confused then!

Do you think the new consultant reward was a typo & should have been 650 instead of 65? Especially since they labeled it that way. You wouldn't have a new cons. reward in Dec. if you signed in May.

Sounds to me like you have a phone call to finance to make. They should still be there. I had to fix mine last year too. They were pretty quick about it.

I think #1 & #3 are ok, but I would def check on #2 & #4.

Crystal, I think you have got it! Especially after seeing the post after yours. It looks like the New Consultant Rewards must be put in December, and they have accidently divided by 10...

I guess I'd better give them a quick call!

sherid said:
Mine says Pc dollars- New cons reward 12/31/08 $60, when I actually earned $600 in my first 30 90 days. So am I supposed to get a hold of someone for this?

Looks like you and I both got our numbers divided by 10... And yes, I'd make a call to get it sorted out...

Mine said $25 when it should have been $250. I wonder if everyones is wrong.

If everyone's is wrong then you all better call!! They need to get this fixed pronto!! I have my tax appt tomorrow night and now I am thinking I better double check my 1099 big time. I looked it over, but not so detailed. Hopefully they are aware.

mine isn't wrong, but i didn't earn any of that, just products so those are spelled out.

Does anyone get overwhelmed with all the receipts and when you see how much you spent/going to write off its a TON?!?!?!? I am going through each receipt, checking it twice, and it seems like a TON for my first full year. I guess thankfully I don't have to buy anything else for a while (minus samples and conference! yahoo!).

I showed $5 in PC$ earned...so mine is wrong as well since I earned $50. I got off to a VERY slow start last year. Most of my commission was earned the last 4 months of the year.

Mine says 60 and I earned 600. Sounds like most of them are wrong.
God bless,
Amanda

1. What is "Goofy Dates on 1099 - and Other Stuff..." all about?

"Goofy Dates on 1099 - and Other Stuff..." is a satirical blog that pokes fun at the awkward and often ridiculous situations that arise when navigating the world of dating, relationships, and everyday life.

2. Who is the author of "Goofy Dates on 1099 - and Other Stuff..."?

The author of "Goofy Dates on 1099 - and Other Stuff..." is a comedic writer who prefers to remain anonymous. They draw inspiration from their own experiences and observations, as well as the absurdities of modern dating culture.

3. How often is the blog updated?

The blog is typically updated once a week, with new posts being published every Friday.

4. Can I submit my own funny dating stories or ideas for blog posts?

Yes! The author encourages readers to submit their own stories and ideas through the contact form on the blog's website. If selected, your story may be featured in a future post.

5. Is "Goofy Dates on 1099 - and Other Stuff..." appropriate for all ages?

While the content of the blog is meant to be humorous and relatable for adults, it may contain some mature themes and language. Reader discretion is advised for younger audiences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • frozenchef