• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Neti Pot Beginner: Finally Taking the Plunge!

In summary, the quick start box contains all the materials needed to start using the neti pot. You can print out the information on the box and give it to a team member, but they will need your consultant number to receive the product portion of the kit.
SKwong said:
Finally gave in. My first one is on its way. Any advice?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_pot

Oooh I wante to try this, bought I bought a saline spray that is suppossed to do the same thing I used it a few times but it was really weird when your sinus fill up and it drains out the other nostril. honestly It really freaked me out.

I freaked me out at first time too, using the neti-pot, you really have to tip your head to the side and just let it flow through. DO NOT breathe through your nose, breathe through your mouth and slowly. I had chronic sinus infections before starting this, and have been doing it for a year and 4 months now and have only had one sinus infection. It was a miracle for me! And much cheaper than going to the doc all the time and buying meds. I, instead of the saline packets in the box, use Xylotol sugar from the health food store, it's not as harsh.

I've used a neti pot, gosh, haven't in a while. Yes, it is a balance between the angle of your head and your breathing. The other thing is the temperature of the water. If it's too hot or too cold, it can sting a little bit. If you are not a regular user of one, a good time to use it is during cold season, when you are traveling or going to a concert (a situation where there are a lot of people in close quarter situations) or if you are in a really dusty situation.

I need to take mine out of the medicine cabinet and use it again! Thanks for the reminder.

--Jenny L

quick start boxI just ordered two boxes to keep on hand. Do I need ot print my info on the boxes and will HO exchange them when I give one away?

No... when someone signs their Consultant Agreement, they will be asked if they received a Quick Start Box. When they say, YES, it will ask for your Consultant Number. (They will put in your consultant number...*** See below) When they put that in, they will only receive the product portion of the kit.Hope that helps! :)*** If you decide to pass along the quick start box to someone on your team, they will still need your consultant # so they know which director gave the kit out.Please let me know if that makes sense... hopefully someone else here can make it clearer than I did! :)

I think you were totally clear, Colleen!:cool:

If you want additional boxes you have to put them on a supply order. They do not replace them as used. Also, if you have any left after the deadline for using them (they will give us that in June or so) you have to pay $35. The contents of the box have about that value so you really aren't "losing" but it's so better to get them to a new consultant!:D

DARN!! I just realized I forgot to put a Quick Start Box that I paid for on my deductions. :rolleyes:

I love you two! Thank you so much for the info.

My AD isn't very helpful and is only calling me if a member of my team is low in sales.

I didn't know that I could pass it on to a team member. I have two girls who might sign some one in the next month or so.

Thanks again!

Just tried mine (i know it's been awhile) and I think it will be addicting. I could rent space in my nostrils they are so open! :thumbsup:

I think I saw this on Oprah once, with Dr. Oz.

Where did you purchase it? I've never seen them in stores, but I haven't really looked either.

I got mine at drugstore.com but i've also seen them at Whole Foods. I'm sure they are widely available at natural food/care/homeopathy type stores.

Jo-la-la said:
I think I saw this on Oprah once, with Dr. Oz.

Where did you purchase it? I've never seen them in stores, but I haven't really looked either.

You can find Sinucleanse neti pots at most any drug store like CVS that's where I found mine. You can also find it online pretty easily.

Related to Neti Pot Beginner: Finally Taking the Plunge!

1. What is a Neti Pot and how does it work?

A Neti Pot is a small, teapot-shaped device used for nasal irrigation. It works by pouring a saline solution through one nostril and out the other, flushing out any irritants or excess mucus in the nasal passages.

2. How do I use a Neti Pot?

To use a Neti Pot, fill it with lukewarm water and a pre-made saline solution or a homemade one using salt and water. Lean over a sink, tilt your head to one side, and gently pour the solution into one nostril. The solution will flow out of the other nostril. Repeat on the other side.

3. Is using a Neti Pot safe?

Yes, using a Neti Pot is generally considered safe. However, it is important to use distilled or sterile water to avoid introducing any bacteria into the nasal passages. It is also important to clean and dry the Neti Pot thoroughly after each use to prevent the growth of bacteria.

4. How often should I use a Neti Pot?

It is recommended to use a Neti Pot once a day or as needed for relief from nasal congestion or allergies. However, it is important to listen to your body and not overuse it, as it can cause irritation or dryness in the nasal passages.

5. Can anyone use a Neti Pot?

Most people can safely use a Neti Pot, but it is always best to consult with a doctor first, especially if you have a history of sinus infections or other nasal issues. It is not recommended for children under the age of 5 or for those with severe congestion or blockages in the nasal passages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies