• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Klutz Alert: My Kitchen Mishaps with Pampered Chef Products!

In summary, this person has hurt themselves with a variety of kitchen products. They have also hurt themselves with a Twixit, coffee, and a bone.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I can usually find some way to hurt myself with Pampered Chef products (well, just about any kind of thing!). I've hurt myself with the USG, V-Shaped Cutter, Serrated Peeler, Tomato Knife to name a few but today, I hurt myself with the KITCHEN SPRITZER!!! I was spritzing some chicken and I went to plunge one last time and there was too much pressure to the top slipped off and sliced me in two places on my middle finger!

Wow! You're just a train wreck in search of a set of tracks, aren't you?

TIme to confess... I've cut myself too with the spritzer! Same kinda thing... It REALLY hurt!!

Wow, I didn't realize the spritzer had killer instincts!! Recently I reached into a pocket to grab some door prizes. The cover was on the Quick Cut paring knives but there is a little piece of steel that curves out near the handle and I sliced my finger on that. The party had ended but I was going to the kitchen to get new paper towels...they are the quicker picker upper for blood!!:yuck:

don't feel bad, I'm the same way!!
I haven't hurt myself with the spritzer, but I've about taken a chunk out of my finger with the CHEF'S TONGS!!!!!

I know none of this is funny...but I have to admit that I am getting a chuckle out of the products you would never suspect would hurt us. I call the old US&G the guillotine!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Wow! You're just a train wreck in search of a set of tracks, aren't you?

Basically, DH says that I can trip over thin air. Luckily I've never broken anything, just cut, sliced or maimed myself!

I think I had already confessed this on another thread a few months back, but it's my civic duty as a fellow klutz to share it. I stabbed myself in the hand accidentally with a CITRUS PEELER. I was peeling a small orange for my kids, got distracted, and the head of it slipped and basically dug right into my palm just below my ring and pinkie fingers. It hurt really bad and took a LONG time to heal. And how sad is it to have to admit that what injured you is usually a very harmless piece of product? :)

I pinched the outside of my palm on the adjustable measuring up! I hated it anyway, but that was the last straw... and I have to admit... I tossed the stupid thing.

I would comment on y'all's wacky accidents, but I'm afraid if I do, I'd be next!!! :eek:

wadesgirl said:
Basically, DH says that I can trip over thin air. Luckily I've never broken anything, just cut, sliced or maimed myself!

Be careful with Twixits - it sounds like they could be fatal.
shock.gif

I'm on the team too! I cut my finger on the spritzer last week too!

Sorry, not laughing at you, laughing with you girl :)

Ann F said:
I would comment on y'all's wacky accidents, but I'm afraid if I do, I'd be next!!! :eek:

Ditto!!

But still...........
smiley_lol.gif

I cut my finger on the UM trying to get a piece of tomato off the blade. THEN I read the directions where it said never stick your fingers in there! That was 5 stitches at the urgent care. Next time I get a new product I promise to read the directions first.
I will also admit to cutting almost every finger with the 5" santuko, but I still love that knife!

I cut my thumb one night taking the cover off the pizza cutter... There is a tab on the top for a reason, but I grabbed the side... I bled like crazy too! That was 6 months ago and I still have a scar! Didn't pull it off the wrong way again either!

merego said:
Sorry, not laughing at you, laughing with you girl :)

That's all right, I was laughing at myself too!

I cannot believe how many of us have hurt ourselves on the kitchen spritzer... maybe they should have a warning on that baby!

Ok so I haven't read any posts yet but I thought I would let you all know that as I was sitting back down at the computer the title of this thread caught my eye, as I proceded to knocked over my coffee!

wadesgirl said:

Um yeah... that would be me.... I tripprd on a bump in berber carpet and broke a bone in mt foot.

etteluap70PC said:
Ok so I haven't read any posts yet but I thought I would let you all know that as I was sitting back down at the computer the title of this thread caught my eye, as I proceded to knocked over my coffee!

Oh no, I jinxed you!

Actually, Berber carpet is evil - it reaches up and grabs you by the ankle when you walk by. Oh, don't smirk, it's just true!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Actually, Berber carpet is evil - it reaches up and grabs you by the ankle when you walk by. Oh, don't smirk, it's just true!

I don't know how many times I tripped over DH's PS2 cords when he was playing his games. Now is has a PS3 with cordless remotes but I still catch myself trying to overstep the invisible cords!

wadesgirl said:
I don't know how many times I tripped over DH's PS2 cords when he was playing his games. Now is has a PS3 with cordless remotes but I still catch myself trying to overstep the invisible cords!

this made me LOL!!! One of these days, I forsee a trip to a doctor and the culprit being a Hot Wheel. How can a tiny little car cause so many injuries (with me)???

pampcheflisa said:
this made me LOL!!! One of these days, I forsee a trip to a doctor and the culprit being a Hot Wheel. How can a tiny little car cause so many injuries (with me)???

Mine will be my kitten! I don't know how many times he's ran in front of me while I'm trying to walk. Like he's purposely trying to trip me. Like that insurance commercial with the squirrels who wreck the car on purpose and then give each other high fives.

wadesgirl said:
Mine will be my kitten! I don't know how many times he's ran in front of me while I'm trying to walk. Like he's purposely trying to trip me. Like that insurance commercial with the squirrels who wreck the car on purpose and then give each other high fives.

I hear that! I have 7 cats and in the morning I feed them as soon as I get up - walking into the kitchen with all 7 swirling around my feet begging for breakfast is almost a death sentence for me!

sk8rgrrl99 said:
I hear that! I have 7 cats and in the morning I feed them as soon as I get up - walking into the kitchen with all 7 swirling around my feet begging for breakfast is almost a death sentence for me!

SEVEN! Wow and DH thought it was crazy with two!

wadesgirl said:

I have a cat like that too!! With my cat and having two toddler boys with little toys everywhere, I'm surprised the only thing I have broken is my baby toe (and that was from tripping - yes).
I have also injured myself on spice bottles, trying to snap the lid back on and pinched the beejeezies out of my finger!!!

pampcheflisa said:
I have a cat like that too!! With my cat and having two toddler boys with little toys everywhere, I'm surprised the only thing I have broken is my baby toe (and that was from tripping - yes).
I have also injured myself on spice bottles, trying to snap the lid back on and pinched the beejeezies out of my finger!!!

I'm suprised I have not broken any toes yet. I'm pretty good at stubbing them and not the normal ones, like the big toe. I'm good at stubbing all the little ones, even the ones in the middle!

wadesgirl said:
I'm suprised I have not broken any toes yet. I'm pretty good at stubbing them and not the normal ones, like the big toe. I'm good at stubbing all the little ones, even the ones in the middle!

Yeah.... it was a bone off my baby toe I broke. Still causes me trouble 8 years later. Oh maybee that's just me getting old... hmmmmm

Related to Klutz Alert: My Kitchen Mishaps with Pampered Chef Products!

What is "I'm Officially a Klutz!"?

"I'm Officially a Klutz!" is a line of kitchen tools and gadgets designed by Pampered Chef specifically for those who may not be the most skilled in the kitchen. These products are meant to make cooking and baking easier for anyone, regardless of their level of experience.

What types of products are included in the "I'm Officially a Klutz!" line?

There is a wide range of products in this line, including measuring tools, cutting tools, mixing tools, and even specialty items like a brownie pan or a garlic press. Each product is designed with ease of use in mind and is perfect for those who may not have a lot of experience in the kitchen.

Are the products in the "I'm Officially a Klutz!" line of good quality?

Yes, all of the products in this line are made with high-quality materials and are designed to last. They are also backed by Pampered Chef's satisfaction guarantee, so if you are not happy with your purchase, you can return it for a replacement or refund.

Can I use these products if I am an experienced cook?

Absolutely! While these products are designed with beginners in mind, they can be used by anyone looking to simplify their cooking and baking process. In fact, many experienced cooks love the convenience and functionality of these tools.

Where can I purchase "I'm Officially a Klutz!" products?

You can purchase these products through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. You may also be able to find some of these products in select retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
Replies
Views
dianevill
Replies
Views
NooraK