• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Netbooks for P3: Practical or Problematic?

In summary, netbooks are a good choice for people who need a small, portable computer for things like P3. They are not as powerful as regular laptops, but they are cheaper and lighter.
nene960
Does anyone use a netbook for P3? Our desktop crashed so we are now using my laptop as our main computer. I was thinking a netbook would be perfect for my shows because of its small size.

Re: NetbookI love my little Netbook! My husband bought me one when I started - its a HP with an 11'' screen that we got at MicroCenter for about $340. Even in its sleeve, it fits in my dots bag and it goes to shows with me.Karen

Re: NetbookI was afraid that it wouldn't be powerful enough but am glad to hear you are using them with success. I guess I am going to go get one. Hopefully tonight!!

Re: NetbookMy AD just got one, and loves it...the keyboard size has been hard to get used to, but other than that she raves about it!

Re: NetbookWhen my laptop's power supply was having issues, I was loaned a netbook so I'd have a portable computer to use at shows, on the road, etc.

It has worked - runs P3 with no issues.

My problem has been that it is too small: I have to scroll to see everything I need in P3 when entering orders. My 40-something eyes are finding things a bit small to read (that's saying something, as my desktop resolution is currently set at 1920 x 1200, but then again, it's a 22 inch or so widescreen :)). And the keyboard is narrow enough to be uncomfortable for touch-typing for me (I do have mild arthritis in my thumbs and wrists).

To the good, it has been great to carry along with me (as has been noted, it fits easily in my HWC tote that I use as a purse), and the price-point is certainly nice.

All said, I'm using my older laptop, now that the power issues have been fixed (thanks to my DH!).

Re: NetbookI just got one, and used it to close a show. It was great! I closed a show right in front of my host. It was very helpful.

Re: NetbookThank you so much for that idea! I have been wanting to start taking my laptop with me, but it's pretty big and didn't want to lug something else around.

I'm going shopping for a netbook......hmmm, what color? Purple or pink?

Re: NetbookJust a note of warning...the Netbooks I have seen only have 1gb of memory. This is minimal for running P3. If you add any other programs, you are going to be running slow.

I have been waiting to see something come out in the smaller size with 2-3gb....until then, I am sticking with my 15.6in laptop.

Re: Netbooktech support recommended 2GB+
it said it may run slow in the net book- so I opted for a cheap full size laptop

Re: NetbookI went out last night and got one. I am only going to load P3 on it. I can use my full size laptop for everything else. I love it because it is small enough to fit into my purse so I can take it everywhere!

1. Can I use my Pampered Chef P3 with a netbook?

Yes, the Pampered Chef P3 is compatible with most netbooks. However, please note that the P3 requires a USB port and a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 for optimal performance.

2. What operating system does the Pampered Chef P3 support?

The Pampered Chef P3 is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. Please ensure that your netbook meets the minimum system requirements for the P3.

3. How do I connect the P3 to my netbook?

To connect the P3 to your netbook, simply plug the USB cord into the USB port on your netbook. The P3 should automatically start up and be ready for use.

4. Can I use the P3 with multiple netbooks?

Yes, the P3 can be used with multiple netbooks as long as they meet the minimum system requirements. However, please note that the P3 is designed for single-user use and may not function as effectively if shared among multiple users.

5. Is the P3 compatible with all netbook models?

The P3 is compatible with most netbook models. However, if you encounter any compatibility issues, please refer to the P3 manual or contact our customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nene960
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lrice
  • ChefCKHall
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
K_Baker
  • Karen