• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Backing Up Orders from Desktop & Netbook

In summary, if you want to keep your data between desktop and laptop, you have to backup and then transfer the info.
ChefCKHall
Hi all, I use a desktop and netbook to take to shows. I have a show right now where some orders are on my desktop for a show. When I went to the show, I added more orders on the P3 on my netbook. Then I got home and have a few more orders that I put on my desktop. If I backup and restore my desktop to my laptop, will it erase orders on the netbook that are not on the desktop?

Thanks, CK

Yes, it will. :( There's no way to merge the data.

bummer, gonna have to call to get card numbers again. Good way to learn that lesson...ONCE:yuck:

just make sure it doesn't happen twice! :)

If I run P3 on my desktop and laptop there's no way to save the info to both? I was wondering about this. I have P3 on the laptop, but was considering installing it on the desktop for ease of use at home. Not a good idea, then?

bridedream said:
If I run P3 on my desktop and laptop there's no way to save the info to both? I was wondering about this. I have P3 on the laptop, but was considering installing it on the desktop for ease of use at home. Not a good idea, then?

You can, but you have to backup the info, then transfer it onto the other computer. That computer will be REPLACED by the backup file. You can't input on one computer, then input on another computer, then merge the two together. That's what she was trying to do.

So, input on computer 1. Back it up. Restore from backup file to your laptop. Now, info from your desktop is on your laptop. Then, input all you want on your laptop. Back up again, transfer to your desktop, and continue. But, if you have one set of info on your desktop and another set on your laptop, you can't merge the two together.

Keith, You're a sweetie! Thanks!

Shucks. :)

Big THANKS!! You saved me alot of trouble.

1. How do I back up my orders from my desktop?

To back up orders from your desktop, open the Pampered Chef software and click on the "Backup" button. Select the location where you want to save the backup file and click "Start Backup". Once the backup is complete, you can access the file from the selected location in case you need to restore your orders.

2. Can I back up my orders from my netbook?

Yes, you can back up your orders from your netbook by following the same steps as backing up from your desktop. Make sure you have the Pampered Chef software installed on your netbook before attempting to back up your orders.

3. How often should I back up my orders?

It is recommended to back up your orders at least once a week or after any major changes or updates to your orders. This will ensure you have the most recent backup in case of any technical issues or data loss.

4. Can I back up my orders to an external hard drive?

Yes, you can back up your orders to an external hard drive or any other external storage device. Simply select the external drive as the location to save the backup file when prompted during the backup process.

5. How do I restore my orders from a backup?

To restore your orders from a backup, open the Pampered Chef software and click on the "Restore" button. Select the backup file from the location where it was saved and click "Start Restore". Your orders will be restored to the software and you can continue working as usual.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nene960
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lrice
  • slapsappyhappy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • luvmypomeranian