• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hii Think My Laptop Is Getting Ready to Go to the Big Cpu Cloud in

In summary, a netbook is a good choice for people who don't need a lot of power or who don't travel a lot.
otisbg
Gold Member
Hi
I think my laptop is getting ready to go to the big CPU cloud in the sky. This has been expected and will not be a surprise. I am thinking that it wil be easier on my joints to go the route of a netbook to take to shows. Does any one use a net book and are there any major drawbacks to having one, rather than a full size laptop?:confused:
PLease advise - You are all such assets to our business.

Re: netbooksMy mom has one that I have borrowed. They are nice, but personally I like a bigger keyboard. She mainly got hers to play on FB and email. I just purchased a new laptop and one of the main requirements was it needed to have the number pad on it. I found a nice one on Walmart website. It should work nicely for PC and school.

Re: netbooksmy understanding the net book won't work as fast and when I contacted HO they said P3 would not run on it. I have just had to replace mine and am getting a Toshiba Satellite. It was just recently onsale @ Best Buy.

Re: netbooksP3 runs fine on my netbook--I bought it specifically for PC when I started last year. It took me all of a day to get used to the slightly smaller keyboard; now I don't even notice the difference going back and forth between that and my full size keyboard at work.

I have an Acer Aspire One, though I don't remember exactly which model (there were about 50-60 different models when I bought mine, all with slightly different specs). Mine has Windows7 and I opted for the larger battery--which is awesome--great battery life!

http://netbook10.com/acer-aspire-one-d250-10-1-inch-netbooks-comparison-and-guide/

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Re: netbooksI have an Asus Eee PC and P3 runs perfectly fine. Don't know the exact model number, but it's just over two years old, I paid $260 for it, and it has been an awesome little compy. Originally got 9 1/2 hours battery life, all this time later, it still gets 6+ hours on a charge.

Re: netbooksI have an Eee PC as well and P3 runs just fine on it. It works faster than my desktop which runs very slowly when P3 is open.

Re: netbooksI would recommend pulling up the system requirements for P3 from CC, and having that handy when researching what you might want to get.

Re: netbooksIt is recommended to have at least 2G memory for running P3. That is what took me so long to switch over to a Netbook from a laptop. I love my little netbook!!! I bought a Dell at the beginning of the summer, but quickly realized that it wasn't going to work. So I took it back. At Costco I found a nice one for about $250ish (I don't remember now) that has been PERFECT! It is an Aspire One 722. I have been happy with the battery life and the speed. I mainly use my netbook for PC and FB and stuff. I don't do photo stuff on it.

Re: netbooksI have a little HP netbook and love it! I only use it for P3 and my PC email....otherwise I am always on my main laptop.Karen

Re: netbooksP3 Certainly runs on a netbook. I have a little Acer Aspire one with the 6 hr battery. I love it! Great backup for when I travel. I do not carry netbook to shows cuz I have a hard enough time talking and cooking much less talking and typing. BUT I use it all the time around the house and for meeting new consultants to sign up at Starbucks!!

Re: netbooksI have a Dell netbook and it works fine with P3. It is a little slower than my full size laptop or desktop, but much lighter to carry. The speed isn't that noticeable in P3. I've never had a problem using it other than having to scroll more than on a full size laptop.

Re: netbooksgood to hear all that, maybe the person that answered my e-mail about it did not completely research before responding...

Re: netbooksYou are all amazing in that I can throw any question or problem out there and everyone takes the time to answer!! I will be netbook shopping this weekend - thanks to you all!:love:

1. What is the "Big Cpu Cloud"?

The "Big Cpu Cloud" is a term used to describe the virtualization of computing resources, where data and applications are stored and processed on remote servers, rather than on a local device like a laptop.

2. How do I know if my laptop is getting ready to go to the Big Cpu Cloud?

There are a few signs that your laptop may be preparing to transition to the Big Cpu Cloud. Some common indicators include slower performance, decreased storage space, and an increase in cloud-based applications and services being used.

3. Can I prevent my laptop from going to the Big Cpu Cloud?

In most cases, the decision to transition to the Big Cpu Cloud is made by the device's operating system and software providers. However, you can take steps to limit the amount of data and applications being stored and processed in the cloud by regularly cleaning up your laptop's storage and opting out of cloud-based services when possible.

4. What are the benefits of the Big Cpu Cloud?

The Big Cpu Cloud offers many benefits, including increased storage space and processing power, improved accessibility to data and applications from any device with an internet connection, and easier collaboration with others.

5. Are there any drawbacks to the Big Cpu Cloud?

As with any technology, there are potential drawbacks to the Big Cpu Cloud. These may include privacy concerns, dependency on internet access for data and application access, and the possibility of service outages or data breaches. It's important to weigh these factors and consider your own needs and preferences when deciding whether to embrace the Big Cpu Cloud.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cajunchelle
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Bexs50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies