• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Pampered Chef Recruiter Harming My Business?

In summary, the recruiter is not available to train me and is not supportive. The director is supportive, but the recruiter is not available to support me.
Cookin'InTX
:( Okay, this may be long but I need some serious advise!

So my 1 yr with PC will be Sept 2nd!!! Although I have no regrets about starting my own PC business, I do regret who I signed up under. When we talk to possible recruits, we talk about great support systems within our clusters and great recognition. That just wasn't the case for me. And this past week, I let me recruiter know exactly what I thought of her.

I told her that in the past year, I learned exactly what NOT to do as I promote in this company! In my SS months, she would always say, "When you qualify, I'll give you _____." She did this twice and both times, she failed to make good on her promises. So I finally got to the point where I stopped believing the things she would say to me. Or she would tell me she would give me ______ when I submitted a $1000 show. She would say, "You can earn it!" What really sent me over the edge was when our cluster ( she and I both have a hospitality director) did Polkafest, in a nearby town, and my HWC products mistakenly ended up there. They always have cash and carry products, just incase. Well, she just assumed that if it was there, she could sell it...even though she knew I was the only one in our cluster who had all of the products. When she called to tell me she "had some money for me", I had no clue what she was talking about. She she explained that she had sold one of my products. I got upset because she never called to ask if she could sell it. She also has a very "I don't care" attitude about everything. It enraged me that she thought she did nothing wrong. I felt like she had no respect for me or my property. I would never sell someone else's property without at least asking first. That's all I wanted.

She made things even worse when we went to conference this year. She would always tell me how I fit into their group and I would really like everyone. That just wasn't the case! After almost a year with PC, I have spoken to my director 3 times by phone and maybe about 3 times by email. So when we got to Chicago, I thought my director might want to get to know me a little. Nope! They stuck to their click (for lack of a better word) and by the end of day 2, I was glad it was almost over. Don't get me wrong, I made the best of it, but it just wasn't at all what I expected.

So when we had our little talk, I brought all of this up to her and she became very defensive! She started sayng, "Well I'm sorry we can't all be perfect like you" and just turning the whole thing around on me. She also mentioned that there were things she had been invited to, but didn't go to because of me. So I told her that I didn't even know she had been invited to these things and not to blame me because I never asked her to miss out on anything.

Bottom line, I told her that I refused to room with them next year and do you know that she had the nerve to get mad and ask why not!!! I also told her that from now on I would just go to my hospitality director or call HO for any advise or direction. She kept asking me what she could do to make things right and I repeatedly told her that I couldn't tell her what to do. I think that she thought I wanted material items from her. All I wanted was for her to admit that she needed to do better about being considerate of other people's feeling and property. Anyways, I told her I needed space to cool down and when and if I was ready to talk to her again I would. If I didn't care about losing my business and my customers, I would have already quit! And there were many times when I really wanted to because of her. I just decided to keep at my business and deal with her as little as possible.

Any advise would be helpful!

I'm still on the padded room kick...I think we all need access to one! I'm in a similar boat, where my recruiter is not available to train - she is also a full time middle school teacher. I'm very lucky, however, to have an awesome local director. I see her as my trainer and my recruiter as my friend and sister consultant. I'm glad that you were able to tell your recruiter about your feelings. Follow your gut and try to branch out with other local consultants. And, work with HO and your hospitality director. Tell her the facts about what has been happening - not the feelings - and ask her if she could help you with your goals. My director doesn't make any differentiation between her downline and her hospitality consultants. I hope you have access to that. Keep talking to us and room with people you don't know when you go to conferences! You'll have time to get to know your friends better during travel and shopping at conference, but you need to get to know other consultants around the states as well. All three of my roomies at conference were new to me and we are now each other's support system. Sorry this happened to you!

Cookin' in TX, First let me commend you for having a successful business without the support. It says alot about you that you are able to succeed without the guidance you should have received. There are so many consultants that are offered great support and never go anywhere. So pat yourself on the back! :)

While it is disappointing, at least you are at a point where you are ready to move on and find help elsewhere. This is a great place for support (you already knew that!) but I would encourage you to find a consultant in your area that you feel comfortable with and use each other as a support system. While I love my director, there have been times when I didn't feel that she "was on the same page". Nothing against her, she was just in a different place than I was. I have at times used other consultants in my cluster to keep me accountable and I have also found a couple directors that lived an hour away that I really connected to and we met for dinner once a month to support each other.

Nothing says you can only receive your training/encouragement/support from your recruiter or director. Support can be found in many places and in many ways. Teleclasses, hospitality, forums like this. You might need to be creative but think about what YOU need to run a successful business and then tailor a plan that works for you!

Hey Cookin' in TX:

Wow, I'm so sorry you've gone through all of this with your recruiter! I agree, you've stuck with it and seem to have a solid business because of what YOU'VE done and what you've sought out on your own. It's terrible that this has happened to you when usually this company has supportive environments everywhere you look. Good for you for confronting her about this. Hopefully it got HER to think a little bit more after you talked.

I'm sure through this website, you'll find some great roommates for next year's conference. There's no need to go through what you did again!

Keep plugging along and running your business!!! Hang in there and you'll find more and more support around you. It sounds like your recruiter has some issues of her own. For someone to turn it back around on you and making you feel like you've done things to HER (like making her miss certain things) is only an attempt to make herself feel better.

Try to forget her and have a great rest of the year with your business!:)

Is it bad that when my recruiter calls me I end up either 1)not answering or 2)crying by the end of the conversation because of the way she makes me feel...lord I've only been doing this for about 7 months and I've almost made $15,000 in career sales..one would think that was good..but apparently not good enough...so I totally hear ya on the recruiter issuer!

Lisa...ummm...yeah. Sit her down and go through what is wrong with your relationship in a very business like manner.

Cookin: I can understand how you feel! But not because of PC, because of other relationships--like inlaws! LOL I am sooo fortunate that I have such an amazing cluster! I can call my recruiter/director, who I consider my friend and talk to her freqeuntly, I can call my AD and my SD. We're all pretty friendly.

If you want her to admit she didn't give you the support you needed. Tell her! But be specific. "I felt that you didn't give me X because when X happened I felt X." And listen to what she says. If you want to have a better relationship with her then try to talk with her. If you are OK with the way things are then just leave it.

One good thing from all of this: I am a firm believer in "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger." And hey, you will certainly be more perceptive to your recrutits' needs.

I had a similar situations when I started, and I just have to share one policy with you that you might not know. You can't change directors, but if you become a director before your recruiter she will have 3 months to promote and then you will "bypass" her and go directly to your directors 1st line. I know she wasn't much help to you either, but her tune might change if you are a 1st line director. You might also want to talk to her about it, I think that some directors assume that the recruiters are handling things.
You've come this far and are doing well, be proud and remember you can do it!

ShanaSmith said:
I had a similar situations when I started, and I just have to share one policy with you that you might not know. You can't change directors, but if you become a director before your recruiter she will have 3 months to promote and then you will "bypass" her and go directly to your directors 1st line. I know she wasn't much help to you either, but her tune might change if you are a 1st line director. You might also want to talk to her about it, I think that some directors assume that the recruiters are handling things.
You've come this far and are doing well, be proud and remember you can do it!

I do not recommend doing a bypass purposely. Your Director will lose her ENTIRE downline and essentially be out of business if she doesn't promote within that timeframe. Is what she did really that bad? Its something that can be done, but its frowned upon. It was done for malicious reasons in my extended cluster and the damage was devastating and destroyed people's lives. I'm sorry, but if you do that on purpose than you would be worse than she is. I understand that this may happen without malicious intent, but just talk to her or her director.

EDIT: Please read my post below. I was going by old information.

Last edited:
AJPratt said:
I do not recommend doing a bypass purposely. Your Director will lose her ENTIRE downline and essentially be out of business if she doesn't promote within that timeframe. Is what she did really that bad? Its something that can be done, but its frowned upon. It was done for malicious reasons in my extended cluster and the damage was devastating and destroyed people's lives. I'm sorry, but if you do that on purpose than you would be worse than she is. I understand that this may happen without malicious intent, but just talk to her or her director.
I'm not understanding what you are talking about here.

If a consultant promotes to director before her recruiter the recruter has 3 months to promote and if she doesn't then the consultant bypasses her. The recruiter does not lose anyone else in her downline and she cannot lose her directorship because she isn't a director yet.

The only time you can bypass anyone is to promote before they become a director. Once a director, your downline can pass you by but even though they have a higher director rank than you they are still in your downline.

Don't ever hold yourself back because your recruiter or director isn't advancing. She is given ample opportunity to do what she needs to do!

But don't be mean either. :p

AJPratt said:

Do WHAT on purpose? Build your business? I think that is the whole reason we do this. Right? The only thing my recruiter lost was me as a recruit. And since I work a lot harder and more often than she did I don't feel like I did something to her. She had plenty of time to promote both before and after me. Perhaps you are confused about what the bypass means.

lisaterwilliger said:
Is it bad that when my recruiter calls me I end up either 1)not answering or 2)crying by the end of the conversation because of the way she makes me feel...lord I've only been doing this for about 7 months and I've almost made $15,000 in career sales..one would think that was good..but apparently not good enough...so I totally hear ya on the recruiter issuer!
Lisa, that is awful! I understand, though. Some people have no sense of how to be a human, let alone run a business.

Perhaps telling her how you feel (or tell your upline director and let her do it) would solve the situation.

You should NEVER come off a phone call crying or feeling bad about yourself or your business!! I encourage my downline to do what they want with their business and to create goals for themselves. Then, we track the goals together.

If they want help, I am here for them, but I already have 3 children (2 are adults) and don't feel the need or have the time to scold or babysit. I am encouraging in EVERYTHING I say. And I treat others the way I want to be treated.

By the way, to reach $15,000 in sales is a great accomplishment! CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!:)

BethCooks4U said:
I'm not understanding what you are talking about here.

If a consultant promotes to director before her recruiter the recruter has 3 months to promote and if she doesn't then the consultant bypasses her. The recruiter does not lose anyone else in her downline and she cannot lose her directorship because she isn't a director yet.

The only time you can bypass anyone is to promote before they become a director. Once a director, your downline can pass you by but even though they have a higher director rank than you they are still in your downline.

Don't ever hold yourself back because your recruiter or director isn't advancing. She is given ample opportunity to do what she needs to do!

But don't be mean either. :p
I just talked to my director and the rules were changed after this consultant we know did it to her director. It was a big deal at the time, a very big deal. EVERYONE in corporate HO knows who this consultant is because so many called to complain. She did lose her downline and it went to the consultant who passed by her. So, I'm sorry I was going by old information but this did happen.

Beth: Thank you for keeping me straight!

Hey Cookin,
I love your approach. You, like me, are direct and to the point it sounds. I have been with PC for 5 months now. I have heard from my recruiter a total of 4 times in this time frame. I have not seen or spoken to her in over 3 months. I go to my cluster meetings (haven't missed one yet) and she's never there. When I have called her for info or advice I rarely got a response.

Last edited:
Too many worries about feelings.....we're in business :) But enuf said, my upline director is great, but we have another consultant in her downline that is always complaining about something. She creates so much stress for everyone else around, including my director , who is always near tears. I'll tell you guys like I tell her, QUIT worrying about everyone else! This is your business. If you like the people you work with, then BONUS! It's a great plus. But if you don't like someone, You Don't HAVE to work with them, it is that simple. It's not worth the increased blood pressure or lost sleep to think about it any way.
Focus on what it great about this business, we've all got good and bad, don;t let others pull you down. And you have a great resource here, with lots of views. Ask a director on here to add you to thier email loop! But don't allow the negatives of others to pull you down.

Last edited:
A sigh of relief!!!YOU LADIES ARE TRUELY WONDERFUL!!!

For a moment, just after I posted this new thread, I wondered if maybe I was just blowing things out of proportion. Cause I can admit that I have done that in the past. But after hearing all of the responses, I am glad that I said what I had to say to my recruiter.

I can only thank you a million times for all of the advise and support that I get from all of you!

Thanks a million!!!

PS: I have just decided to run my business without any of her help....and talk as a Director next year at National Conference 2007!!! Yeah baby!

Oh, by the way Lisa, congrats on your 15,000 in career sales!!! You go girl!

Cookin: The best revenge is success!!

The one thing that I learned about this business at confernce is that it's not a race...Everyone is always cheering everyone on especailly with their achivements!!! I have a great support group with my cluster, and my SD cluster we have become really good friends along the way through confernce!!! But and here comes my BUT!!! if your recuriter isn't helping then don't ever feel like you have to sit their and take it, you did the right thing in talking ot her at confernce about what you were feeling. I commend you whole heartedly for that one!!!! I was one of the lucky ones, my director is my recuriter and we have a really great realtionship, she has helped me so much with my business. I know that I can always ask what Ithink might be a stupid question but it turns out it wasn't.... the only questions that are stupid are the one's that are left un asked!!! Good Luck

Sorry that anyone has had to go through the times that some of you have experienced. I too experienced some very distressed moments with my upline in the past. Confronting them was not helpful but I learned so much in retrospect. What helped was to focus on those in my upline and other cluster members that I admire. Focusing on all of those that have achieved so much with PC helped. Also, learning from people outside our company like Belinda Ellsworth, Karen Phelps...and so many more. Training tapes, tele-classes...anything I can get my hands on helps keep me motivated and moving forward.
No one director can give you all that you need to succeed.
It is difficult to put hard feelings aside and focus on the positive but you will find that if you can work on that... your business will continue to grow. Just keep your focus on success!! In my case, the upline I spoke of have moved on to other companies and I am so very happy with my immediate upline.:D Congratulations on your achievements and keep looking forward! And the phrase stated earlier...the best revenge is success...is so true and so sweet!! I am now a director, have earned two trips and acheived TPC for the first time this year! Keep going and don't ever give up!!

1. Why am I not getting enough support from my recruiter?

It is possible that your recruiter is busy with other clients or may not have the necessary experience to assist you. We recommend reaching out to our customer service team for additional support and resources.

2. How do I express my disappointment to my recruiter?

We suggest scheduling a meeting with your recruiter to discuss your concerns in a professional and respectful manner. This will provide an opportunity for open communication to address any issues and find a solution.

3. Can I switch to a different recruiter if I am not satisfied with mine?

Yes, you may request to switch to a different recruiter if you feel that your current one is not meeting your needs. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with this process.

4. What can I do if my recruiter is not meeting my expectations?

If your recruiter is not meeting your expectations, we recommend discussing your concerns with them and giving them an opportunity to improve. If the issue persists, you can reach out to our customer service team for further assistance.

5. How can I ensure a positive experience with my recruiter?

We suggest setting clear expectations with your recruiter and communicating openly and frequently. It is also important to provide feedback and address any issues that may arise in a timely manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Maggievl
  • byrd1956