• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Tips on How to Spread the Word

Show was cancelled because of the weather but ended up being around $2000 in sales. You should definitely print out your invites and mail them out a few weeks in advance. Also, try to include some freebies or discounts in case people show up. And, if possible, have a raffle or something to give away to the guests.
sillylittlechef
I am notorious for having low turnouts at open houses or any kind of show that I host myself. I had an Arbonne party and only two people came. When I hosted my last open house only two people came. I felt horrible, and don't want to repeat that, but I really want and need to do an anniversary show. I need some ideas on how to really get people here.
Last time I put flyers on all my neighbors doors and even spoke with anyone who was home. I also invited with mail invites to friends. It was a cute invite. It was right before Christmas.
I am thinking of doing a Christmas in July theme with mystery host benefits. Can any of you share with me what works for you to get people to come?
or am I just unlucky, unliked, unpopular, and pick bad dates? :p
I was also thinking of including a friend of mine who sells Tastefully Simple to come and set up. We do have a lot of the same friends, but I am worried that I will lose bookings to her. (what a selfish friend I am.) Ideas on that?

Well, the reason I posted my similar question just as you were posting this is because I have had pretty successful PL parties in my home and SLaH parties...people like to com eout and shop...but I want them to shop me ME!

You have to do everything you ask your hosts to do. I really think the key is reminder calls 2-3 days before.

I just hosted a TW party and before I made reminder calls, I had 2 people coming. :( I called everyone and had 7 show up. :)

Hi Dusty!

I don't think papers on the door work very well. The best solution is to get on the phone and offer two dates one to two days apart. If they can't attend one, they might be able to attend the second. There is more information on some of the other posts from yesterday.

Lisa

It's about relationships.

You HAVE to call people. Early on, I had several open houses flop in the same way. But for each of them, I only mailed postcards or letters, and emailed. People want to be in relationship with you. That is the incredible bonus we offer as Consultants / Sales Directors... we connect with our clients. We care what they think, what they say, if they use our products.

It is more than a SALE - it is a connection between people, where They Benefit... from great products, from fantastic customer service, from a good time with friends.

You've got to CALL. So - our product is secondary to our relationship with the guests. Someone's friends come to a show when we, or the host will ASK them to come. Guests become hosts when we ASK them. Hosts become consultants when we ASK them. Consultants become directors when we ASK them.

People don't want to be just another sale to you - they can get that at Target.

So - the Open House event where I called 70 of my best customers and past hosts, 20 of them showed up, four had outside orders, two ordered after the show and I had an $1360 show!

Some book I read spoke about the S.W.I.F.T. principle - "So What's In it For Them"? Mary Kay said to treat each person as if they had a sign saying Make Me Feel Special Today.

Good luck; God Bless You!

Dusty,

I've done two mystery host shows and they've both been successful. I invited over 40 people to both (did it in February for double points) - I printed my own full page invite and mailed them about 3 weeks in advance. I told them just for coming they would receive a SB and I would be raffling off some items throughout the show. I made some food up ahead of time but I still demoed because my friends enjoy this part of the show. Then I ended up raffling off the host benefits to two people for each show.

My first show had around 11 people show up and had 8 outside orders - ended at around $750 in sales. My 2 co-hosts were so excited to win and took advantage of the free product and discounted items. My second show (one year later) - I invited probably close to 50 - had 15 show up and about 8 outside orders - the weather was terrible the day before with snow and wind and sleet but miraculously it cleared up for the two hours everyone was there. I gave away the SB again and raffled off a bunch of items I had bought on a host's order from an earlier show. Again I pulled 2 names for co-hosts - one was so excited (she had just received her tax refund) that she ended up ordering a ton for herself and that show was over $900.

I'm definitely all for mystery host shows and will probably do my next one in the fall instead of waiting til February - make them bi-annual. My biggest -thing - call everyone who doesn't RSVP - it seems that people today just aren't that capable of it! And everyone can use a friendly reminder as well. Good luck!

scottcooks said:
It's about relationships.

You HAVE to call people. Early on, I had several open houses flop in the same way. But for each of them, I only mailed postcards or letters, and emailed. People want to be in relationship with you. That is the incredible bonus we offer as Consultants / Sales Directors... we connect with our clients. We care what they think, what they say, if they use our products.

It is more than a SALE - it is a connection between people, where They Benefit... from great products, from fantastic customer service, from a good time with friends.

You've got to CALL. So - our product is secondary to our relationship with the guests. Someone's friends come to a show when we, or the host will ASK them to come. Guests become hosts when we ASK them. Hosts become consultants when we ASK them. Consultants become directors when we ASK them.

People don't want to be just another sale to you - they can get that at Target.

So - the Open House event where I called 70 of my best customers and past hosts, 20 of them showed up, four had outside orders, two ordered after the show and I had an $1360 show!

Some book I read spoke about the S.W.I.F.T. principle - "So What's In it For Them"? Mary Kay said to treat each person as if they had a sign saying Make Me Feel Special Today.

Good luck; God Bless You!

Scott,
GREAT WORDS!

Thank you!

1. How can I spread the word about Pampered Chef products?

There are several effective ways to spread the word about Pampered Chef products. You can start by hosting a Pampered Chef party and inviting your friends and family to try out our products. You can also share your favorite products and recipes on social media, join online communities and forums related to cooking and kitchenware, and reach out to local businesses for potential collaboration opportunities.

2. What are some tips for promoting Pampered Chef products on social media?

To effectively promote Pampered Chef products on social media, make sure to use high-quality images and videos of our products in action. You can also create engaging content such as recipe videos and cooking tutorials to showcase the versatility and usefulness of our products. Additionally, engage with your followers by asking for their feedback and sharing customer reviews and testimonials.

3. How can I reach a wider audience for my Pampered Chef business?

To reach a wider audience, consider attending local events and fairs to showcase our products and connect with potential customers. You can also partner with other businesses or influencers in the cooking and home industry to cross-promote each other's products. Utilize digital marketing strategies such as email marketing and targeted ads to reach a larger audience online.

4. Are there any materials or resources available to help spread the word about Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef provides a wide range of marketing materials and resources to help you spread the word about our products. You can find product catalogs, flyers, social media graphics, and other materials on our consultant website. We also offer training and support to help you effectively promote our products to your customers.

5. How can I encourage repeat customers and referrals for my Pampered Chef business?

One way to encourage repeat customers and referrals is by providing excellent customer service and following up with your customers after their purchase. You can also offer rewards or discounts for repeat customers and referrals. Additionally, hosting regular parties or events and showcasing new products can keep your customers engaged and interested in our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefHeidiD
  • passiontecooking.t
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
passiontecooking.t
  • chefmoseley