• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! I Need to Get Out of My Circle

In summary, the individual has been trying to expand their network outside of their circle of friends in order to grow their Pampered Chef business. They have tried various strategies such as joint shows and mass invitations, but have not been successful in gaining new customers. They are now seeking advice on other methods to meet new people and expand their business.
susanspc
I have tried everything I can think of to get out of my circle of friends. I started selling PC in July and had 6 shows right away. My first show had 6 bookings, and they all said they invited people I did not know, so I was really excited. The next 2 shows were great shows, but I only got 1 booking out of the 2. That show was scheduled for October to wait till the kids are in school. She said she wanted to invite all the parents in her parent group from her kids class. She has put off her show 3xs now, and I am sure she really does not want to have it.

I was looking for a way to get out of my circle and my director suggested a joint show with 3 other companies to meet their people and they can meet mine. We sent out a really neat invitation by email where if they came, and a few other things they would get drawing slips to win all the host benefits! There wass some really good stuff up in the drawings. Between the 4 of us, we sent out over 1,000 invitations and NOONE came! I am so disappointed,

I am starting to feel like I will not get out of my circle of friends and will have to quit. I am loving this and with a baby coming in a few weeks, I was thinking it was a great opportunity. BUT, there is no way I can count on my circle of friends to support my business, I NEED to meet new people.

Does anyone have any more Ideas?

I have tried the whole call 5 people a day and ask them to have shows, but everyone I know has either had a show or bought stuff at one or more shows.

HELP!!!

My first thought is to try to do a booth/fair event. I don't know how feasible that will be if you are expecting soon, but you'd meet alot of new people!!Since you aren't far from Charlotte, I'd go onto craigslist: charlotte classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events and type the word "Vendor" in the search box. Start with the "For Sale" section. Sift through what you find- contact any that would fit your calendar, your area, your need- and see if they have a Pampered Chef person already. Then, at the top of the search results page, change the drop down category from "All for sale...", to "All events". Sift through those results (note- they are not in order by date...so search for the most recent dates). Then change it once more from "all events" to "all community".See what you can sift from those. It only takes one to sometimes get you started in a new group. Alot of smaller events will be listed on Craigslist (like churches, and organizations)- but they are usually more affordable! And being the holiday season for craft fairs...it's the perfect time to look!Good luck.

susanspc said:
I have tried everything I can think of to get out of my circle of friends. I started selling PC in July and had 6 shows right away. My first show had 6 bookings, and they all said they invited people I did not know, so I was really excited. The next 2 shows were great shows, but I only got 1 booking out of the 2. That show was scheduled for October to wait till the kids are in school. She said she wanted to invite all the parents in her parent group from her kids class. She has put off her show 3xs now, and I am sure she really does not want to have it.

I was looking for a way to get out of my circle and my director suggested a joint show with 3 other companies to meet their people and they can meet mine. We sent out a really neat invitation by email where if they came, and a few other things they would get drawing slips to win all the host benefits! There wass some really good stuff up in the drawings. Between the 4 of us, we sent out over 1,000 invitations and NOONE came! I am so disappointed,

I am starting to feel like I will not get out of my circle of friends and will have to quit. I am loving this and with a baby coming in a few weeks, I was thinking it was a great opportunity. BUT, there is no way I can count on my circle of friends to support my business, I NEED to meet new people.

Does anyone have any more Ideas?

I have tried the whole call 5 people a day and ask them to have shows, but everyone I know has either had a show or bought stuff at one or more shows.

HELP!!!

Have you tried things like joining the local chamber of commerce (I'm thinking of doing this) or looking for some craft/holiday shows in your area to have a booth? Sometimes there are groups just to support women owned businesses ... I'm trying to think of where I would look ... good luck! And I'd love to hear any more ideas!

I am having the same problem! I'm new in the area, and don't have a car, so I can't get out and meet new people easily. I've tried contacting facebook friends, other online friends, all kinds of people. I had a show Friday night, where the host had 9 confirmed guests and 6 maybes. Only 7 people came, and only two said they would maybe hold a show in the future, but I couldn't get them to commit. I only have one other show booked in a couple weeks, and if I don't get bookings from that show, I am officially tapped out! I'm stressing here! This is my only job, and I really wanted to make it work.I know it just takes one. But man oh man! Finding that one is like finding a needle in a haystack! If anyone else has any ideas to share, please share them!

Was the event with other consultants in a home or public? It's better NOT in a home b/c sometimes only the customers of that consultant really attend.

Were the other consultants well established? You mentioned 1000 invites, but were these customers or just all of the family/friends/customers you could think of?

Did you follow-up and personally invite several or was it just by email? Any sort of reminder? Also, email doesn't always go through, esp if you are sending a ton at once.

SO...my point is, don't give up! There are improvements to make. However, the very best is to try to find an established event b/c they already will have attendees. Even a simple sidewalk sale can do wonders (my city has that a couple times per year) and for me it's free so even better!

Does your Church have an annual Holiday Bazaar? Once you have had the baby, could you join a Mom and Tots program? How about Curves, to get back in shape? When I first started, that was an excellent source of contacts. The manager let me have a display table about once every three months. One drawing slip led to my first $1,000 show. Do you have a sign for your car, or front lawn? Do you wear LOGO wear, or carry one of our Pampered Chef totes or grocery bags? Just ideas that don't seem very much work for you, but gets the word out that you are a Pampered Chef. Carry some recipe cards with you that are stamped with your contact information. Share them freely, and who knows they may lead to some surprise orders.

I just saw this - BNI - Business Network International. See if they are meeting in your area. Ours in specifically looking for a Pampered Chef Consultant. :)

I actually just started with PC this past month and I am so excited! Here are some ideas that I have had, and although it might be a little sleazy, it if gets a booking, I'm all for it!

When I took my little boy to the pumpkin patch I also made some little flyer's with my information on them just saying that I sell pampered chef and to call me for any kitchen gadget needs. I put these flyers on peoples windshields and got 3 bookings from it for November!

Also, Halloween is a fabulous time to do a little outside marketing - you can take those little flyers and shrink the info to fit on an address label. I am going to be putting together little goodie bags for my trick-or-treaters with the label on the outside of the baggie for the moms. My mother-in-law, cousins, and a few of my friends who don't live in my neighborhood will get about 20 of these little goodie bags to pass out for Halloween. We'll see what happens!!

I hope this helps! And congrats on the new baby!

cookingwithdot said:
I just saw this - BNI - Business Network International. See if they are meeting in your area. Ours in specifically looking for a Pampered Chef Consultant. :)
I was invited to one of those meetings. It sounded great, until I was told the cost to join is around $500.00. Just a heads up on that group. :D

beckyjsmith said:
I was invited to one of those meetings. It sounded great, until I was told the cost to join is around $500.00. Just a heads up on that group. :D

Yes - I belonged to a BNI group with my previous career as a Personal Chef, and it was GREAT! I would say that 90% of my business came as a result of BNI.

However, I really don't think that it's the best investment for the type of work I do now w/ PC. But I'm in a different place in life now too. I wouldn't be able to make 7:30am weekly meetings (which are mandatory) because I have a 5 yr old I have to get up and off to school! Also, the one I was with had the yearly fee, but also had monthly dues of $40...

Wow - I didn't realize that. Of course it only mentioned $10 for the lunch/meet & greet ... I certainly cant afford $500 right now!

Jesse Burnette said:
...I also made some little flyer's with my information on them just saying that I sell pampered chef and to call me for any kitchen gadget needs. I put these flyers on peoples windshields ...

I'm working on a flyer right now, since you said that. It is a good idea, I don't think it is sleazy at all. Think about all the times you go to the grocery store or stop into a convience store. I'm going to make a bunch of copies and keep them in my car.

meet up groups are a great and free way to network in your local community. I found a few around where I live and now all of sudden this whole world of possibliities has opened up! Networking with other like minded people, joining a party plan group with only 1 rep from a company. It's one of my outs (to break out of my warm circle- which is very tepid, lol) Another way is to visit businesses with any marketing material you have. Stuck at home? Phone call your local businesses.

What an absolutely wonderful idea! Recipe cards with contact info. Thank you for sharing this one, I plan to use it!

What is "Help! I Need to Get Out of My Circle"?

"Help! I Need to Get Out of My Circle" is a popular cooking class offered by Pampered Chef. It teaches participants how to break out of their usual cooking routines and try new recipes and techniques.

Do I need to have any experience in cooking to participate?

No, "Help! I Need to Get Out of My Circle" is designed for all skill levels. Whether you're a seasoned cook looking to try new things or a beginner wanting to learn some basic cooking skills, this class is perfect for you.

What types of recipes will be covered in the class?

The class will cover a variety of recipes, from appetizers and main dishes to desserts and drinks. The focus is on trying new flavors and techniques, so you can expect a diverse selection of recipes to expand your cooking repertoire.

How long is the class?

The "Help! I Need to Get Out of My Circle" class typically lasts 2-3 hours. This allows enough time to cover multiple recipes and have hands-on practice with each one.

Do I need to bring any ingredients or equipment to the class?

No, all ingredients and equipment will be provided for you. Just come with an open mind and a willingness to learn and try new things!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCat
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Admin Greg