• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Some Help With Show Format

You can let them eat the cake during your presentation. You'll want to get all the preliminary stuff out of the way (fill out order form, explain the guarantee, guest introductions) while the cake is baking. Finish "frosting" the cake and then take a break for everyone to get cake (don't forget the ice cream). Gather them back together and it's on with the show.
ahammons
I've tried a couple of different outlines, but I still don't feel entirely comfortable with the format of my shows. I have another one on Saturday and would like to tweak things a bit. I'm making the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake, so I was thinking about mixing the batter right before leaving for the host's house and bring it in a batter bowl. I'm also considering putting the cake in the oven before the guests arrive, but I'm not sure how far in advance. I'd like to talk about everything while the cake's still cooking so that my presentation doesn't take forever.

Any suggestions?

I always do a no demo show, I love it that way. I think with the cake you almost want to have it in the oven. I've never made it but to my understanding you need cooking time plus cooling time which can be at least 40 minutes. When I do my show, I go to the host's house an hour early, make what ever recipe and set up. Then during my show, I do introductions, talk about the 4 main groups and what ever I like to show, talk recruiting and finish up with some door prizes. Makes it quick, simple and I don't have to worry about spilling something on myself or making a fool out of myself!

What about your show don't you feel comfortable with?

wadesgirl said:
I've never made it but to my understanding you need cooking time plus cooling time which can be at least 40 minutes.

No cooling time necessary with this cake.

This is a recipe I do a lot and if I'm bringing the ingredients, I do it mostly like a no demo show. I will mix the batter at home (like to use my KitchenAid or hand mixer). I'll also prepare the chocolate and explain during the show all the different tools they can use to chop or shred/grate it. Does the recipe call for ice cream topping or caramel candy? I use a jar of Smuckers caramel topping. Melt the chocolate in the small microcooker (no lid) with caramel. Chop the pecans in front of them.

Taking the cake out of the pan is a "ta-da" moment. You'll want to do this in front of the guests. If you are putting the cake in the oven before the show starts, time it so everyone will be settled in their seats when it comes out of the oven and is ready to turn out onto the plate.

You can let them eat the cake during your presentation. You'll want to get all the preliminary stuff out of the way (fill out order form, explain the guarantee, guest introductions) while the cake is baking. Finish "frosting" the cake and then take a break for everyone to get cake (don't forget the ice cream). Gather them back together and it's on with the show.

Are you using notes? I think it's a must (and I've been doing this for 6+ years). I have to have something to keep me on track and to remind me of what I want to tell them about. It takes awhile to get comfortable and create a flow. When it’s been awhile since you’ve done a show (or you do them less than weekly), it feels like you are starting over every time you do your presentation. I also arrive an hour early to set up.

Oops, like I said, I've never made it but I figured it had to cool for a little bit. I agree with notes!! Keeps you on track and saying the right stuff if your mind goes blank. I've tweaked my notes over the last year month by month until I got it the way I wanted it. Now I just glance at them to make sure I cover everything but it does help! I got a index card binder book if that's what you want to call it. That way I can flip back and forth, make side notes, change things as needed or tear them out when not needed.

wadesgirl said:
What about your show don't you feel comfortable with?

I guess I just feel like it doesn't really flow very well. My next show's tomorrow, so I'm going to sit down and try to figure something out. lol I'll be looking around here for lots of tips! :)

chefjeanine said:
No cooling time necessary with this cake.

This is a recipe I do a lot and if I'm bringing the ingredients, I do it mostly like a no demo show. I will mix the batter at home (like to use my KitchenAid or hand mixer). I'll also prepare the chocolate and explain during the show all the different tools they can use to chop or shred/grate it. Does the recipe call for ice cream topping or caramel candy? I use a jar of Smuckers caramel topping. Melt the chocolate in the small microcooker (no lid) with caramel. Chop the pecans in front of them.

Taking the cake out of the pan is a "ta-da" moment. You'll want to do this in front of the guests. If you are putting the cake in the oven before the show starts, time it so everyone will be settled in their seats when it comes out of the oven and is ready to turn out onto the plate.

Are you using notes? I think it's a must (and I've been doing this for 6+ years). I have to have something to keep me on track and to remind me of what I want to tell them about. It takes awhile to get comfortable and create a flow. When it’s been awhile since you’ve done a show (or you do them less than weekly), it feels like you are starting over every time you do your presentation. I also arrive an hour early to set up.

Thanks for the tips! I have been bringing notes with me, but I usually forget to look at them! :rolleyes: (which is why I always forget 1/4 of what I wanted to talk about! lol)

ahammons said:
I guess I just feel like it doesn't really flow very well. My next show's tomorrow, so I'm going to sit down and try to figure something out. lol I'll be looking around here for lots of tips! :)

Don't worry, I felt the same way when I started. It does get better. Work up a show format that works for you and tweak it as you go along until you feel comfortable with. Have you been to your recruiter's show? That helped me in the beginning. Plus they had an option for our area to go to other director's shows to get some ideas. That really helped me figure out what other people are doing and what works for me.

Ashlee - I still use an outline for every show that I do, and if I don't bring my outline with me, then I am completely lost, and forget at least 1/4 of what I want to say!

This is the same problem I feel that I have, like it doesn't flow quit right, do an intro game, demo, then door prize, but I guess it just gets easier over time.

My recruiter was fairly new herself and she told me to make sure that I do an outline at first. That was some of the best advice I have gotten. It does really help. Also after my very first show that was all friends and family to give me feed back about what they liked and didn't like and did not take anything personally and that also helped tremendously. My first show was way too long and like the others said you just keep tweaking your outline until you feel comfortable with it.

ahammons said:

I really think that getting into a flow is about having several shows under your belt. Even when you have done lots of shows, if you have quite awhile off between shows it feels like you are starting over.

ChefBeckyD said:
Ashlee - I still use an outline for every show that I do, and if I don't bring my outline with me, then I am completely lost, and forget at least 1/4 of what I want to say!
Can you post your outline for us Becky? You seem to be so successful in getting bookings at shows that I would love to "steal" your show format!:D

I would be interested in seeing an outline as well!

chefjeanine said:
I really think that getting into a flow is about having several shows under your belt. Even when you have done lots of shows, if you have quite awhile off between shows it feels like you are starting over.
That's probably part of my problem... I usually space my cooking shows out quite a bit. But I'm really trying to start doing more shows now, so I need to find what works for me.

How long does it take you all to talk about bookings, recruiting, etc? How long do your shows last, on average? Just curious... I'm trying to shorten mine a bit!

My shows start at 7 - and I usually actually start around 7:15. I am done with my demo by 8:15. My biggest time thief is waiting around for orders.....I consider it a blessing if I am able to leave by 9 - usually it's more like 9:30.

Can't really tell you how much time I spend on booking, recruiting, etc.... because it's all interwoven in the show - but I don't spend more than 5 minutes on any one subject ever.

1. How long does a typical Pampered Chef show last?

A typical Pampered Chef show lasts about 2-3 hours. This includes time for guests to arrive, mingle, and shop, as well as the demonstration and ordering process.

2. Do I have to purchase anything at a Pampered Chef show?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything at a Pampered Chef show. The purpose of the show is to provide a fun and informative cooking demonstration, and guests are welcome to simply watch and enjoy the experience.

3. Can I request specific recipes to be demonstrated at a Pampered Chef show?

Absolutely! Our Pampered Chef consultants are always happy to accommodate specific recipe requests from hosts. Just let your consultant know what you would like to see and they will do their best to make it happen.

4. What types of payment are accepted at a Pampered Chef show?

At Pampered Chef shows, we accept cash, credit/debit cards, and personal checks. Our consultants also offer the option to pay with Venmo or PayPal for added convenience.

5. Can I earn free products by hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, hosting a Pampered Chef show is a great way to earn free products! As a host, you can earn a percentage of the total show sales in free products, as well as access to discounted items and exclusive host specials. Contact your consultant for more information on hosting benefits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
GinaG623
  • tinat51796
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies