• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Timer at Holiday Craft Show

In summary, Carol is planning on setting up at several "craft shows" this fall. She is bringing the Ultimate Mandoline, both old and new style, the mix-n-chop and splatter screen, the gravy separator and skimmer, the roasting pan, and the lifters. She is also taking the knife block with knives, the batter bowl with mix inside, and the lime and cucumber demo. She is expecting to do a demo at her table. She will have access to the sign in sheet of customers coming to the event. She is focusing this fair on getting people to sign up for her
cwinter474
Gold Member
I will be setting up at several "craft shows" this fall.

Can you give me some pointers as to products on the "have to take" list like, meat lifters and gravy seperator.. and are there things that I shouldn't bother taking like say..... I have no idea what might go one this list.

I am planing on taking the Ultimate Mandoline, both old and new style to show the differance of "safety" I am also going to offer a "how to" show for this. I'm borrowing a Stainless mising bowl set. LOVE these! Taking a stainless skillet and a executive skillet the mix-n-chop ans splatter screen, Gravy Seperator and the skimmer and strainer, Roasting pan, and lifters. And a new and seasoned stone. And a sheet pan, the grill basket. I was planning on taking the knife block with knives, but I recieved a NO knives allowed warning.

Also, do you get many sells on like the batter bowl with mix inside? to early in season for that one I think...

Any suggestions would be welcome, Thanks in advance for your response

Carol,

IMO that is a lot of things to bring to a show - i do 2-3 boutiques every season (summer & winter) and i bring showy items... I bring the trifle bowl with some kind of decoration in it. I have our pantry items on hand for smelling (i do Asian mix, and jerk rub along with both sprinkles) and talk about their uses and the recipe being right on the container. I bring the DCB with a pink star cutout that says "WIN ME" or I put past season catalogs and recipe cards in it and I put a pink star cutout that say, "FREEBIES" so they know the past season catalogs and recipes cards are for free...

If I choose to do a demo I show off the garlic press into the classic batter bowl, or I'll do the lime and cucumber demo.

If I have more than one table at my disposal I'll try to have 3 tables;

table 1 is my main attractions (DBC, trifle bowl, etc)
table 2 is what comes in the new consultant kit and how to sign up and any consultant incentives going on
table 3 is my checkout - so catalogs and letting them sit and do their order, and pick a host date etc. perhaps the pantry items so they can sit and smell etc.

most of my events only allow one table so I just do the top paragraph... also remember you other vendors are your best customers and they will watch you set up, so if you have a ton of things to lug to your booth, they will notice it and they won't want to sign up or referral their friends. no matter how much you tell them you do inactive shows or your cooking shows are really simple they will be thinking about the 200+ items you brought to the booth...

Did the event planner give you a guideline of what was going on during the event, do you get like a chance to talk over the loud speaker? or are they expecting you to do a demo at your table? Will you have access to the sign in sheet of customers coming to the event?

Also be sure to use a table cloth it really dresses up your table! I require that ALL vendors use a table cloth at my events, and if they "forget" they get the cheapy paper ones in random neon colors (most neon colors do not match with their product line - LOL)

Allison

PS: I have a ton of fair / vendor type fliers that print out and put in the plastic display holders and then just keep them in my fair box that i keep in the garage. then when i have an event to go to I just update my box, by putting new catalogs in it, business cards, wash my table cloth and PC apron and PENS, I'm always replacing my supply of pens! LOL

Any other questions I know we've emailed each other before, but you can pm me for my email if you like. I was the person who gave you the Tupperware person.
:D

I agree with Allison. That sounds like A LOT to take! Think of the space that they are allowing you...is it an 8 foot table, or more? Less is more- especially at a fair. I know when I walk past a table if it is FILLED with stuff, it looks junky. Spread your things out, allow for some decorative items (even if it's just greenery mixed in with your products) and allow space for your "paperwork" section...so you have a space to set out a few cattys/business cards/recipe cards.

Also- what is your focus for this fair? Bookings, recruits, sales? Focus on one of those for your display. If it's bookings- bring the host specials for the months you want to book, and signage to show they can get those items FREE or 60% off. If it's recruits- set up the kit and a sign to start their own business. Etc.

HTH

I do about 3 or 4 fairs during the fall/holiday season and the people around here usually want cash and carry. So I do that on one table and a display on the other. If you don't have cash and carry, then by all means, take one piece from each of the major lines (excluding FC since you can't bring knives) and I love the idea about the trifle bowl and some of the other ideas Allison has.

There is no way to know what will be "HOT" at the booth you are doing, so a lot of people like to just have items to show and to take orders.

Best of luck!!

allisonserna said:
Carol,

IMO that is a lot of things to bring to a show - i do 2-3 boutiques every season (summer & winter) and i bring showy items... I bring the trifle bowl with some kind of decoration in it. I have our pantry items on hand for smelling (i do Asian mix, and jerk rub along with both sprinkles) and talk about their uses and the recipe being right on the container. I bring the DCB with a pink star cutout that says "WIN ME" or I put past season catalogs and recipe cards in it and I put a pink star cutout that say, "FREEBIES" so they know the past season catalogs and recipes cards are for free...

If I choose to do a demo I show off the garlic press into the classic batter bowl, or I'll do the lime and cucumber demo.

If I have more than one table at my disposal I'll try to have 3 tables;

table 1 is my main attractions (DBC, trifle bowl, etc)
table 2 is what comes in the new consultant kit and how to sign up and any consultant incentives going on
table 3 is my checkout - so catalogs and letting them sit and do their order, and pick a host date etc. perhaps the pantry items so they can sit and smell etc.

most of my events only allow one table so I just do the top paragraph... also remember you other vendors are your best customers and they will watch you set up, so if you have a ton of things to lug to your booth, they will notice it and they won't want to sign up or referral their friends. no matter how much you tell them you do inactive shows or your cooking shows are really simple they will be thinking about the 200+ items you brought to the booth...

Did the event planner give you a guideline of what was going on during the event, do you get like a chance to talk over the loud speaker? or are they expecting you to do a demo at your table? Will you have access to the sign in sheet of customers coming to the event?

Also be sure to use a table cloth it really dresses up your table! I require that ALL vendors use a table cloth at my events, and if they "forget" they get the cheapy paper ones in random neon colors (most neon colors do not match with their product line - LOL)

Allison

PS: I have a ton of fair / vendor type fliers that print out and put in the plastic display holders and then just keep them in my fair box that i keep in the garage. then when i have an event to go to I just update my box, by putting new catalogs in it, business cards, wash my table cloth and PC apron and PENS, I'm always replacing my supply of pens! LOL

Any other questions I know we've emailed each other before, but you can pm me for my email if you like. I was the person who gave you the Tupperware person.
:D

Thank you so much for your post!!!!
It just goes to show, you can teach an old dog new tricks!
I have a bad habit of taking way too much stuff, but due to recent illness, I did not have the strength or energy to bring the "kitchen sink" ;)
I took the Family Skillet, Spinner, DCB, Triffle bowl,Three tier stand with SA(Oct Special) a small basket with some new products, and the New consultant products. Focused on Bookings and Recruiting. Got 4 bookings, which I was pleased with, because due to bad weather, we had a very light turnout! The other thing I did was take the new catalog to Office Depot and cut the binder off and put it in a clear 3-ring binder with each page in a page protector. I had it on the end of the table open, almost everybody came by a flipped a few pages. Then I gave them a mini with all my info stamped on the back. The last idea a stole, was to go to Target and in the office supply area found a three-tiered file holder, took up very little space on my table. In it I put all the flyers and paperwork I would need, that made taking care of business so much easier!!!
Thanks to everyone's ideas!!

What is IMO and DCB? I am a new consultant and don't know what those are. Thanks.

kerialtobelli said:
What is IMO and DCB? I am a new consultant and don't know what those are. Thanks.

IMO - in my opinion
DCB - Deep Covered Baker

What about some "gift ideas?"I'm thinking of doing a few "gift tags" attached to some of my items, like "Dear Teacher, thanks for putting your heart into all you do for my child (attached to the round up trivet) and filling some prep bowls with candy as "co-worker gift." Also may put a batter bowl inside a cranberry baker with a brownie mix to suggest a realtor or housewarming gift.

Oh Di thats a great teachers gift idea!! I may have to snag that one. I was thinking of putting together a friendship cookie mix(the dry ingredience in a jar) with the cookie scoop because I love cookie season and I'm hoping to get the whole world hooked on my addiction lol. I think I will just give them out as gifts with my info on the back of the direction card and or the bottom of the jar.

1. What should I bring to the craft show as a first timer?

As a first timer at a holiday craft show, it's important to come prepared with all the necessary items. This includes your products, business cards, a cash box for making change, a tablecloth, and any other display materials. It's also a good idea to have snacks, water, and comfortable shoes for the duration of the show.

2. How much inventory should I have as a first timer?

The amount of inventory you should have as a first timer will depend on the size and duration of the craft show. It's always better to have more inventory than you think you'll need, as you never want to run out of products during the event. It's also a good idea to have a variety of price points to appeal to different customers.

3. What are some tips for setting up my booth as a first timer?

When setting up your booth as a first timer, it's important to make it visually appealing and inviting to potential customers. Use different levels to display your products, such as risers or shelves, and incorporate eye-catching decorations or signage. Also, make sure your booth is well-lit and organized to make it easy for customers to browse your products.

4. How can I make the most of my first craft show experience?

To make the most of your first craft show experience, it's important to engage with customers and build relationships. Offer samples or demonstrations of your products, and be prepared to answer any questions they may have. It's also a good idea to collect customer contact information for future sales and promotions.

5. What should I do after the craft show as a first timer?

After the craft show, it's important to follow up with any potential customers and thank them for stopping by your booth. This could be through email, social media, or a handwritten note. It's also a good idea to evaluate your experience and make notes on what worked well and what you can improve on for future shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mandydollie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
punkie1019
  • Kandio