• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Get Organized and Regain Control After a Move Disrupts My Business?

In summary, the speaker has recently moved and has been struggling with organizational issues, causing shows to cancel and tasks to be neglected. They plan to spend time organizing their office and creating a to-do list. Tips for crisis organizing include prioritizing tasks, setting a schedule, using a calendar or planner, creating a filing system, delegating tasks, taking breaks, and staying consistent. With focus and determination, the speaker can overcome their disorganization and get back on track.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I just moved. I've had a crazy amount of shows cancel and it's my fault. I haven't been host coaching the way I should. My office is a mess, I don't know where anything is and I haven't been making time to clean let alone make the calls I should be making.

i've been reading here about various organizational tips - I have an idea of what I'm going to do. I figure I would have spent about 4 hours tomorrow on a show that just cancelled (including prep time, travel and show time) so I'm going to lock myself in my office and get myself organized.

Any tips on crisis organizing? My serious problems are:

- adjustments - doing them and mailing them when I say I will (I only mail certain ones for special customers)
- host coaching - scheduling my time and actually making calls
- shows - submitting them on time, out of the box calls, customer care
- Host Kits - where the heck do you keep all these loose pieces of paper??

I'm thinking I'll start by making a list of the most important things I need to do and then breaking them down into smaller tasks. What else should I do?

I'm also going to print out my "to do" list tomorrow morning and get everything on paper. I think that will help.I completely understand the feeling of being overwhelmed and disorganized. It can be incredibly stressful and it's easy to let things slip through the cracks. But don't worry, with some focus and determination, you can get back on track! Here are some tips for crisis organizing:1. Prioritize: Start by making a list of all the tasks you need to accomplish and prioritize them. What are the most urgent things that need to be done? What can wait until later? This will help you focus your energy on the most important tasks first.2. Set a schedule: Create a schedule for yourself and stick to it. Set aside specific chunks of time for host coaching, show submissions, and other important tasks. Make sure to also schedule breaks for yourself so you don't get burnt out.3. Use a calendar or planner: Invest in a good planner or use a digital calendar to keep track of your schedule and deadlines. This will help you stay organized and ensure that you don't miss any important dates.4. Create a filing system: For loose papers like host kits, create a filing system that works for you. You could use a binder, file folders, or even a digital system. Just make sure to keep everything in one place so you can easily find what you need.5. Delegate tasks: Don't be afraid to ask for help! If you have a team, delegate some tasks to them to lighten your workload. This could include things like host coaching or mailing adjustments.6. Take breaks: It's important to take breaks and give yourself some time to relax and recharge. This will help you stay focused and productive when you are working.7. Stay consistent: Once you've created a schedule and organizational system, make sure to stick to it. Consistency is key in maintaining organization and staying on top of your tasks.Remember, it's okay to have a few hiccups along the way. Just stay focused and keep pushing forward. Good luck!

Related to How Can I Get Organized and Regain Control After a Move Disrupts My Business?

Q: How can I stay motivated to reach my goals?

A: One way to stay motivated is to break your goals into smaller, achievable tasks. Celebrate each small success along the way, and remind yourself of the bigger goal. Another tip is to find an accountability partner or support group to keep you motivated and on track.

Q: What are some ways to overcome procrastination and get things done?

A: One helpful technique is to break tasks into smaller, manageable chunks and set a timeline for completing each one. This can make the task feel less overwhelming. Also, try to eliminate distractions and create a designated workspace to help you focus.

Q: How can I bounce back from setbacks and stay motivated?

A: It's important to remember that setbacks are a natural part of any journey, and it's okay to feel discouraged. Take time to acknowledge your feelings, but also remind yourself of your progress and why you started in the first place. Use setbacks as learning opportunities and adjust your approach if needed.

Q: How can I find the motivation to start a new habit?

A: Start small and set achievable goals. Make the habit enjoyable and something you look forward to, rather than a chore. Also, try to find an accountability partner or track your progress to stay motivated and committed.

Q: How can I stay motivated in the face of challenges or obstacles?

A: Remember to focus on the process and not just the end result. Celebrate small victories and find ways to learn and grow from challenges. Surround yourself with a positive support system and keep reminding yourself of your goals and why they are important to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefJen2012
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PamperYourKitchen