• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Start My Business Organized and Ready!

In summary, the conversation revolves around tips for organizing a new business, specifically for a Pampered Chef consultant. Suggestions include starting out organized, keeping it simple, and having a dedicated space for PC materials. It is also recommended to use a "business in a box" system and to book multiple shows in advance. The importance of finding a system that works for the individual is emphasized.
Denarella
I was wondering if anyone can give organizational tips to start my business. Before I make everyone groan :rolleyes: , I've been on most threads already. I've read the awesome suggestions on how to organize your shows and I've cut and paste most of these ideas onto a word doc to sit and sort thru what works for me. In addition, I've printed out Time Management and Organization from your National Conference this past summer which someone posted but most of its greek to me when it comes to the binders because I don't know what its all about. I'm certain when my kit comes in a few weeks (Im signing in two weeks because of my vacation and my son's baseball schedule), there will be handy dandy ideas but as veteran consultants. I was wondering how all of you organized yourselves to start out and what mistakes or great ideas you stumbled upon. I've gotten TONS of supplies (thanks to all of your suggestions) and I'm closing up my crappy Avon business to move on. I'm actually attempting to create a letter to attach to my last Avon book going out this week to announce my new business and close the door on the old one. Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciative. Thanks, :D

Dena

One of the best tips I can offer is: start out organized. It's easier to maintain than it is to start mid-stream. (can you tell I sepak from experience?) Keep it simple, you're more likely to follow your own system if it's easy.

You? Unorganized? Snicker Snicker
chefann said:
One of the best tips I can offer is: start out organized. It's easier to maintain than it is to start mid-stream. (can you tell I sepak from experience?) Keep it simple, you're more likely to follow your own system if it's easy.

No Way!!! Can you tell I just want to sign up NOW and start already!? Sheesh!

Really?!? NO! </sarcasm>

Do you have 4 or more shows on your calendar already? Feel free to book extras because there will be cancellations (just a fact of life). Get crackin' on that, girlie!

chefann said:
Really?!? NO! </sarcasm>

Do you have 4 or more shows on your calendar already? Feel free to book extras because there will be cancellations (just a fact of life). Get crackin' on that, girlie!

Im soooo transparent! I have three booked for September so far.....Im just waiting for my invites to arrive!

And who says you have to stop with September booked? Get 5 in September and then start on October! There are some info sheets in a thread about sending out invites - print those out and give them to your hosts so they can start working on their guest lists now.

chefann said:
And who says you have to stop with September booked? Get 5 in September and then start on October! There are some info sheets in a thread about sending out invites - print those out and give them to your hosts so they can start working on their guest lists now.

Hopefully, when the letter goes out with the last Avon book, people will approach. I have to get used to this 'making the first' step thingy.

My best advice is that no system works for everyone. Start with whatever makes sense to you. If after three to six months (my normal attention span for any system) you're having trouble staying organized, tweek it a bit until it suits you perfectly.

Hey Dena,

I'd love to take a sneak peak at what you have so far? Would you mind posting them here?
Or if you'd rather you can email me directly @ [email protected]

My advice as a fellow newbie? Have a space somewhere just for your PC stuff. I don't have that (currently bartering to get use of the office), and as my DH put it, it looks like "PC threw up in our house!!!" I have catalogs in the spare bedroom, half done host packets and guest folders on the coffee table, and all of my printables on the kitchen table. Total chaos. Oh, and my New Consultant Kit? What isn't in the dishwasher is spread across the spare bed. PC definitely needs its own space!

I suggest you look into using the "business in a box". You'll find a thread here (somewhere) explaining how it is done. Hopefully someone more advanced than I can link you to this thread.

You can use an actual box (shoe), card file box, a letter size box or binders. Also, you have the option of setting up the same kind of system on P3 (or in my case Pampered Partner).

A big key to getting organized, as someone already stated, is that every system doesn't work for every person. If you like holding paper in your hand, determine what size box you want to use. If you like technology, set your system up on your computer.

A calendar (paper or pda -- are those the right initals?) is a must.

1. How do I create a business plan for my Pampered Chef business?

Creating a business plan is essential for starting any business. To start your Pampered Chef business, you can use the business plan template provided by the company. This template will guide you through the process of defining your target market, setting financial goals, and developing a marketing strategy.

2. What are the initial steps I should take to organize my Pampered Chef business?

The first step in organizing your Pampered Chef business is to familiarize yourself with the company's policies and procedures. This includes understanding the compensation plan, product line, and sales strategies. You should also create a designated space for your business, such as a home office or kitchen, and set up a system for tracking orders and expenses.

3. How can I stay on top of my inventory and orders as my business grows?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of tools and resources to help you manage your inventory and orders. You can use the consultant website to track your orders and access training materials. Additionally, the company's mobile app allows you to easily check inventory levels and submit orders on the go. It's also important to regularly review your inventory and make adjustments as needed to ensure you have enough products on hand for your customers.

4. What are some effective ways to market my Pampered Chef business?

There are several effective ways to market your Pampered Chef business, including hosting in-home cooking shows, participating in vendor events, and utilizing social media. You can also reach out to friends and family, and offer special discounts or promotions to attract new customers. It's important to consistently promote your business and products to attract a steady stream of customers.

5. How can I ensure I am staying organized and productive as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To stay organized and productive, it's important to set goals and prioritize your tasks. Make a schedule or to-do list and stick to it. Utilize the resources provided by Pampered Chef, such as training materials and support from your upline. It's also helpful to set aside dedicated time each week for administrative tasks, such as tracking orders and expenses. And don't forget to take breaks and practice self-care to avoid burnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefJen2012
  • kat29
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefdeb410