• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recipe for Chicken & Broccoli Braid

In summary, the Chicken & Broccoli Braid is a delicious dish from the All the Best Cookbook that is perfect for any occasion. It consists of a filling made with cooked chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, Dijon mustard, parsley, salt, and pepper, wrapped in a crescent roll dough and baked until golden brown. It's easy to make and sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
akay71
Gold Member
Hello,
I wanting to try the Chicken & Broccoli Briad from the All the Best Cookbook. I am needing the recipe and how to make the braid. Thanks.

Shane

Here's you go; good luck. Not sure on directions to make the braid -- anyone??!! (I can do it, just not explain it so well!)Chicken and Broccoli Braid6 servings2 cups diced, cooked chicken
1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons dried dill weed
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
2 cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 egg white, beaten
1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup diced onionsHeat oven to 375 degrees F.In a large bowl, toss together chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, garlic, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, dill weed, salt, almonds and onion.Unroll crescent roll dough, and arrange flat on a medium baking sheet. Pinch together perforations to form a single sheet of dough. Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, with the cut strips forming a fringe down each side. Spread the chicken mixture along the center strip. Fold the side strips over chicken mixture, alternating strips from each side. Pinch or twist to seal. Brush braided dough with the egg white. Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 28 minutes, or until golden brown.

Anyone have a pic of this? It sounds like it would be great for the upcoming holiday season.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/MichellePede/ChickBrocBraid.jpg

, thank you for your interest in our Chicken & Broccoli Braid recipe from the All the Best Cookbook! It's definitely a crowd-pleaser and perfect for any occasion. Here's how to make it:Ingredients:
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 packages (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg, beatenInstructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, Dijon mustard, parsley, salt, and pepper.
3. Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate into 8 triangles.
4. On a large ungreased baking sheet, arrange the triangles in a circle with the wide ends overlapping, leaving a 4-inch circle in the center.
5. Spoon the chicken mixture onto the widest part of each triangle.
6. Bring the points of the triangles up and over the filling, tucking them under the wide ends of the dough at the center of the circle.
7. Gently brush the beaten egg over the dough.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
9. Let it cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.I hope you enjoy making this delicious braid! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients do I need to make a Chicken & Broccoli Braid?

To make a Chicken & Broccoli Braid, you will need 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken, 1 cup of chopped broccoli, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of diced red bell pepper, 1/4 cup of diced onion, 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons of dried thyme, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1 sheet of puff pastry.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese that you prefer. Some popular options include mozzarella, Swiss, or a blend of different cheeses. Just make sure to adjust the amount of cheese according to your taste.

3. How do I cook the chicken for this recipe?

You can use any cooked chicken for this recipe, such as leftover rotisserie chicken or boiled chicken. If using raw chicken, you can cook it by boiling, grilling, or baking it until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.

4. Can I make this ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the filling ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to assemble and bake the braid. You can also fully assemble the braid and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap to prevent the pastry from drying out.

5. How do I prevent the braid from becoming soggy?

To prevent the braid from becoming soggy, make sure to fully cook the chicken and drain any excess liquid from the broccoli before adding it to the filling. Also, make sure to preheat your oven and bake the braid on a baking sheet to ensure crispy and flaky pastry. You can also brush the pastry with an egg wash before baking, which will create a protective barrier and prevent sogginess.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• burd2swan
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • bbauman07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies