• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recipe for Beer? Chicken in Fluted Pan

In summary, The chicken is cooked by baking it in a can of beer. You can substitute the beer with water or other liquid. You can add veges so the whole meal is ready at once in one pan.
nickywsn
My Sil Is Asking About This Recipe. She Said She's Heard Of It But Doesn't Know How It Works. Seems Like I've Heard Of It Too, But I Don't Have The Recipe. Can Anyone Help?

Tia
Nicky

Just wash and pat dry the chicken and put it over the poist of the fluted pan. Pour a can (12 oz) of beer in the pan and bake until the chicken is done. About 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees.

You can substitute the beer with water or other liquid and you can add veges so the whole meal is ready at once in one pan.

Thanks so much!

I did this on my own except I omitted liquid completely. Rinse the whole chicken and pat dry and plunk it down over the post of the stoneware fluted pan. I had to remove a rack from the oven to get it to fit in my oven upright, by the way. Rub the chicken all over with some olive oil or melted butter and whatever herb/spice blend with s & p you want. I baked it in the oven uncovered at 325 degrees for about 2 hours and it was just the best roasted chicken I ever made. It was just a picture! The skin was perfectly browned to a crisp all over, all the grease pooled into the bottom of the pan, away from the chicken and it was just perfectly moist.

Duh! I forgot about the seaoning! Of course add seasoning as desired... I usually use peppercorn and garlic.

If you have the Stoneware Baking Bowl, you can place it on top of the fluted pan and create an enclosed baker.

LOL! Nothing to feel "duh" about. Some people like the simplicity of just the beer. (The beer usually doesn't make it into my recipe. It goes elsewhere.):p This whole idea of "beer can chicken" originated with cooking the chicken upright on top of an empty beer can on the grill, hence the name.
Someone probably figured out that if you cook beer with the chicken, it comes out even better. I like using beer in my shrimp when I am cooking shrimp. Yum!

Do you have to use a big chicken to do this. . .or will a small one work okay? There is just the two of us so we don't need a giant bird.

BethCooks4U said:
Just wash and pat dry the chicken and put it over the poist of the fluted pan. Pour a can (12 oz) of beer in the pan and bake until the chicken is done. About 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees.

You can substitute the beer with water or other liquid and you can add veges so the whole meal is ready at once in one pan.

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but if you add the veggies wont' they get all greasy? Would you put them in with all the beer? I'm not sure I get this, but I really want to try it. :)

chefjeanine said:
Do you have to use a big chicken to do this. . .or will a small one work okay? There is just the two of us so we don't need a giant bird.

I don't think the size of the bird matters. (This doesn't sound right:eek: )
I think as long as you make sure the hole in the chicken is big enough to fit over the fluted part of the pan, you'd be okay. You may need to cut a larger hole to get it over the middle part. Just reduce the time as necessary for a smaller bird. I like mine to be at 190 degrees internal temp to be sure it's cooked.

you could use a larger cornish hen
remember to clean the bird's inner cavity out ('nother thread we had a few weeks ago)

Thanks! The first whole chicken I ever made was in the new covered baker. . . It turned out great and I was able to use the leftovers in a pot pie the next day. I'll probably do the same with this once I get brave enough to try.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Beer Can Chicken in a Fluted Pan?

To make Beer Can Chicken in a Fluted Pan, you will need a whole chicken, your favorite beer, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.

2. How do I prepare the chicken for the fluted pan?

First, rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Then, rub the chicken with olive oil and season with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Next, open the beer can and pour out half of the beer. Place the beer can in the center of the fluted pan and carefully place the chicken on top of the beer can.

3. Can I use any type of beer for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of beer for this recipe. However, we recommend using a light or medium-bodied beer for the best flavor.

4. How long do I cook the chicken in the fluted pan?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken. As a general rule, cook the chicken for approximately 20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.

5. Can I use a different type of pan if I don't have a fluted pan?

Yes, you can use a regular roasting pan or a cast iron skillet if you don't have a fluted pan. Just make sure to place the beer can in the center of the pan and position the chicken on top of the beer can before cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
aried
  • chefjwr
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
  • Tammy Eubanks