• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Molten Choc. Skillet Cake Recipe!

In summary, the recipe calls for a package of brownie mix, a bar of chocolate, water, ice cream topping, and almonds. The brownie mix is to be prepared as cake-like brownies, and the chocolate is to be sprinkled over the batter. The ice cream topping is to be microwaved until it comes to a full boil, and then it is to be poured over the brownie batter in a circular pattern. The skillet is then to be baked for 35-40 minutes, and it is to be removed from the oven to a cooling rack. If desired, 1 teaspoon vanilla can be substituted for the Double Strength Vanilla. Lastly, 4 squares of bittersweet baking chocolate or 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate mor
heat123
Silver Member
I just got my family skillet and wanted to try this recipe since I have heard rave reviews about it but cannot find the recipe anywhere. Can anyone please share?!

thanks!

Here you go! It's also in the current Season's Best cookbook. It's awesome. I've probably made this recipe the most at all of my shows over the past couple months. :)

The Pampered Chef ®
Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie
Recipe

1 package (19-21 ounces) fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
1 bar (4 ounces) fine-quality bittersweet chocolate
2 cups water
1 jar (12 ounces) chocolate fudge ice cream topping
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
Powdered sugar
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom of Family (12-in.) Skillet with nonstick cooking spray. In Classic Batter Bowl, prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Spread batter over bottom of skillet. Cut chocolate into small pieces using Crinkle Cutter. Sprinkle chocolate evenly over batter.

Combine water and ice cream topping in Large Micro-Cooker®; whisk until well blended using Stainless Whisk. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil. Whisk until blended; stir in vanilla. (Mixture will be thin.) Carefully pour ice cream topping mixture over brownie batter in a circular pattern.

Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until sauce is bubbling around edges. (Top of brownie will appear very saucy, but will thicken as it cools.) Using Silicone Oven Mitt, carefully remove skillet from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.

Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over brownie. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Spoon brownie into Simple Additions® Small Bowls using Nylon Spoon and serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: To toast almonds in the microwave oven, place almonds in Small Oval Baker; microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 30-second interval. Cool completely.

If desired, 1 teaspoon vanilla can be substituted for the Double Strength Vanilla.

If desired, 4 squares (1 ounce each) bittersweet baking chocolate or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels can be substituted for the bittersweet chocolate bar.

thanks becky!you didn't have to post it, I had the SB but did not know it was in there! Thanks so much!

1. How do I make the molten chocolate skillet cake?

To make the molten chocolate skillet cake, you will need a 10-inch cast iron skillet, butter, flour, sugar, eggs, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips. Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease the skillet with butter. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and eggs until well blended. Pour the batter into the prepared skillet and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are set but the center is still slightly gooey. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.

2. Can I use a different type of pan for this recipe?

We recommend using a 10-inch cast iron skillet for the best results. However, if you do not have one, you can use a 9-inch round cake pan or an 8-inch square baking dish. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 8 servings. However, you can easily adjust the ingredients to make a larger or smaller cake, depending on your needs.

4. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the batter and pour it into the skillet ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. However, we recommend baking it right before serving for the best texture and taste.

5. Can I use a different type of chocolate for this recipe?

You can use any type of chocolate you prefer for this recipe, such as dark, milk, or white chocolate. Just make sure to use baking chocolate or chocolate chips and not chocolate bars, as they may not melt properly in the skillet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
bcowdin
  • ValerieHurtado