• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for Corgi Rescue Fundraiser

In summary, a local corgi rescue is planning a fundraiser and someone is seeking ideas on what kind of dog treats to make using PC products. Suggestions include homemade dog biscuits and doggie cookies, as well as gift baskets with dry ingredients and cookie cutters. The person plans on promoting the fundraiser at an upcoming herding instinct test and taking orders from corgi owners. They hope to use as many PC products as possible for the event.
missi.robbins
My local Corgi (the dog breed) Rescue is going to do a fundraiser to help raise money for the rescue. I was thinking about doing some kind of doggy treat with the PC products. Does anyone have any good ideas?!

Thanks!

I have some doggie recipes, I'll look through them and see what I can come up with for you!!

I make homemade dog biscuits all the time (my parrots like them).

1 1/2 cups corn meal
6 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups meat broth (the birds like chicken, but you can also use beef)
1 egg

Combine all ingredients. (You really need a mixer for this one, BTW.) Roll out to 1/4" thickness and cut. (Use Creative Cutters. I use the pizza cutter to cut the dough into squares right on the stoneware.) Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes.

doggie cookiesI found these at www.epicurious.com and my friend's St. Bernard just LOVES them.

In food processor, pulse together until combined:
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cups whole-wheat flour
1 ¼ cups cornmeal
1 ¼ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup toasted wheat germ
½ cup packed light brown sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp salt

Add and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal with pea-sized butter lumps:
¾ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon sized pieces

Add and pulse until a coarse, dense dough forms:
1 cup water

Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead in until well distributed:
½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves

Gather the dough, the halve it with a scraper. Form into 2 balls and flatten each into a 6” disk. Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 large baking sheets.

On a well-floured surface, with a well-floured rolling pin, roll out 1 disk of dough into a round about 3” thick (if dough becomes too soft to roll out, wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm). Cut out as many biscuits as possible and arrange about ¼” apart on 1 baking sheet. Gather scraps and re-roll, then cut out more biscuits. Repeat with remaining dough, until other baking sheet.

Whisk together:
1 egg
1 Tbsp water

Brush biscuits with egg wash and bake, switching positions of sheets halfway through, until tops are golden brown, about 35 minutes, total. Turn off oven and dry biscuits in oven overnight.

Biscuits will keep, layered between wax paper or parchment, in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month. Makes about 5 dozen biscuits.

GiftsAnother thing you could do is make up batches of the dry ingredients, place in Mason Jar and tie on one of the cookie cutters, or perhaps the baker's roller, or that type of thing. Or, instead of putting the ingredients in a mason jar, perhaps put it in a Classic Batter Bowl, along with the Pastry Blender or Baker's Roller attached. And a Mini Serving Spatula.

Fill up SA bowls with dry dog food, or doggie treats, and sell them - make "doggie baskets" out of them, and they can be used as water/food dishes afterward.

www.thecookiecuttershop.com has amazing cookie cutters for all occasions, and they are incredibaly priced. These would be good to tie onto your "gift baskets".

When is the big function?

Well - they haven't set a date for their cooking party - they know they want a weeknight - she has to talk to people in the committe interested. I asked her if it was a for-sure and she said yes. There is a herding instinct test on July 7th - and there will be ALL KINDS of corgi owners there - so I'm going to set up a display with some products and have a bag of dog biscuits made out of corgi cookie cutters, with an invite to the party, the recipe of the dog treat, and instructions on how to order on-line if they can't make it. I'll also be taking orders there at the test - since there will be people from all over the state - she said they're expecting at least 25 dogs/owners. Anyway - I figured that was a good way to get the word out about the fundraiser since some of those people aren't invloved in the rescue but own a corgi so may want to help out the breed. I ran these ideas past her and she thought they were great ideas. I'm sure my little girl will be happy to do the taste testing for me! :)

Thanks for the recipes - keep them coming!

I was hoping to use as many PC products as possible for the show. I have the creative cutters and the decorator bottle set - you can use white chocolate to decorate dog cookies. :)

Last edited:
recipeshope these help!! I think I have more if you need some more!! let me know!!! Good luck!!!:)

Attachments

• doggie%20treats[1].txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 233
Invites - what do you think?I put together the invites - they'll be printed on bright colored post card paper! What do you think? I'm going to put one on each little bag of doggy treats I give away at the herding test on the 7th and then the recipe of the treat. And then give the rest to the chairman to give/mail out.

BTW - I found a corgi shaped cookie cutter on-line! THX!

Attachments

• Invite.doc
    146 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Need Short Demo IdeaHey does anyone know a good short demo that I can do at the fundraiser? I've been doing the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle but that demo is kind of long. I'd like people to tell about their corgi and why they love the breed or something like that.

P.S. - I'm a new consultant so I don't have a ton of products. :) THANKS!

I would have never thought of a doggie treat show what an awesome idea, around my area I really think it would be a hit. Thanks

missi.robbins, that sounds like a cool fundraiser! My niece has a corgi.

You could take your ultimate mandolin and some potatoes. Garlic press and several bulbs of garlic. Lemons/limes and the microplane grater. Something inexpensive to chop in the food chopper. (All I can think of is nuts, but they are expensive!)

Since you only have one cutting board from your kit, maybe cover it with plastic wrap in between switching out products.

It doesn't have a to be a recipe, you know. The main thing is for customers to get their hands on the product and see how great they are.

I love all of these ideas and the recipes. Hopefully I can put them to good use and of course do some shows for dog lovers/rescues,etc. Thanks!

missi.robbins said:
I put together the invites - they'll be printed on bright colored post card paper! What do you think? I'm going to put one on each little bag of doggy treats I give away at the herding test on the 7th and then the recipe of the treat. And then give the rest to the chairman to give/mail out.

BTW - I found a corgi shaped cookie cutter on-line! THX!

Your invitation is great!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Related to Need Ideas for Corgi Rescue Fundraiser

What types of products can be used for the Corgi Rescue Fundraiser?

You can use any Pampered Chef products for your fundraiser, but some popular choices include our stoneware, cutlery, and cookware.

Can we get a discount for purchasing products for the fundraiser?

Yes, we offer a 10% discount for fundraisers. Please reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

How can we promote our fundraiser and get more people to attend?

We recommend using social media, creating flyers, and reaching out to local Corgi groups or rescue organizations to spread the word about your fundraiser. You can also offer incentives, such as a raffle or door prizes, to encourage attendance.

Are there any specific recipes that are popular for fundraisers?

Our stoneware is perfect for making delicious recipes like casseroles, desserts, and more. You can also check out our website for a variety of recipes that are sure to be a hit at your fundraiser.

Do we need to pay for shipping for the products purchased for the fundraiser?

No, Pampered Chef offers free shipping on all orders over $150. This is a great way to save money and maximize your fundraising efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MHPampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pameredchef007
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pameredchef007
  • ChefJen2012