• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookout Fundraiser for Basketball Team: Recipes Wanted!

In summary, the conversation was about a fundraiser show for a basketball team that will be in the form of a cookout. The person was looking for recipe ideas and someone suggested using Pampered Chef products to make fresh lemonade with lemons, sugar, and a quick stir pitcher. They also shared tips on how to use the Ultimate Mandoline to slice the lemons and how to reuse them for a second batch of lemonade. It was recommended to not store the lemon peels in the lemonade and to use the Family Quick Stir pitcher for mixing.
blessedrub
So, I'm doing a fundraiser show for a basketball team and they want to do it in the form of a cookout. Does anyone have any recipes that they would recommend. I'm going to have fruit and use the different wedges and fruit cutters. All ideas are appreciated.

"FRESH SLICED" PAMPERED CHEF LEMONADEFirst and foremost, lemonade in the quick stir pitcher with the Ultimate Mandoline:1) 2 large or 3 small fresh lemons
2) 1 cup of sugar
3) water to fillRemove any stickers and wash and mostly dry the lemons. With a Forged Cutlery (or another PC) knife, cut your lemons in half (around the equator, but it probably doesn't matter)One at a time, place the half lemon on the Ultimate Mandoline (flat side down) and use the V-shaped blade to slice the lemons right into the Small Quick Stir pitcher. Once lemon is sliced through all the lemon flesh - no need to include the last bit of peel, carefully remove it from the slicer or the pitcher, then do the other halves of the lemons.Add 1 cup of sugar to the lemons, and fill the pitcher within 1 inch of the top. Add the plunger lid, plunge slowly until all the sugar is disolved, about 2 minutes of regular plunging. The lemons will kind of move from under to over the plunger - this is just fine. When it seems done, carefully return the plunger to "over" the lemon slices, and plunge the lemon parts to the bottom like a French Press coffee maker. Pour the resulting fresh lemonade over ice into guest's glasses.You can re-use the same lemons a second time by adding another cup of sugar, water, and pluinging - very vigorously this time until most of the lemon flesh is separated from the peels. Again, pour over ice.Do not store the peels in the lemonade if you have any remaining - they turn bitter in about an hour's time. Instead, remove the peels and the lemonade will last a few days in the refrigerator.I have not tried the mixing process in the Family Quick Stir pitcher - I imagine it would work just fine, though! Good luck with your event.

Thank you, That's a good idea in which I didn't think about.

1. What types of recipes should I submit for the cookout fundraiser?

We welcome any type of recipe that would be suitable for a cookout, such as grilled meats, salads, sides, and desserts. It is important to keep in mind that these recipes should be easy to prepare in a large quantity and able to withstand outdoor temperatures.

2. Can I submit recipes that require special equipment or ingredients?

While we encourage simple and accessible recipes, we understand that some dishes may require specific equipment or ingredients. As long as the recipe is feasible for a cookout and can be adapted for a large group, we welcome all submissions.

3. Are there any dietary restrictions or guidelines for the recipes?

We ask that all recipes be labeled with any dietary restrictions or allergens, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, or nut-free. This will help us ensure that there are options for everyone at the cookout.

4. How many servings should the recipes make?

Please try to provide recipes that make at least 8-10 servings. This will ensure that there is enough food for the entire basketball team and their families. If your recipe makes more or less, please specify in the submission.

5. Will my name be credited if my recipe is chosen?

Yes, we will credit the name of the recipe submitter for each recipe that is chosen for the cookout fundraiser. This is a great opportunity to showcase your culinary skills and support a good cause at the same time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissyPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LeahMae
  • tvwalsh72