• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for Christmas Dinner

medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 10-15 minutes, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Pour sweet potato puree into a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.Bake sweet potatoes til tender. Peel and puree until smooth. Set aside.Bring milk and cream to just about a boil, when there is steam on top, that's good. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until smooth. Remove milk mix from heat and gradually add whisk egg mix into cream/milk mix. It's a good idea to temper the eggs with a bit of warm milk at first
JWorks
Silver Member
ok guys i need some help or really suggestions. we always have pitch in christmas dinner with my family so the basics are covered : turkey, mac and cheese, broc. casserole, green beans, rolls, mashed pot. and gravy. some kind of pie.

since i have been a pampered chef consultant for 4 months now i feel i should bring something that will wow them. Thats where i need the help, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Can you focus on appetizers????

If you are looking for something kid friendly.. I watched Emeril last night and he made a popcorn cake in a bundt pan. I can find the recipe is anyone is interested.

I also have a great party mix made with cranberries.

Cranberry-Orange Snack Mix

2 cups oatmeal cereal squares (like Chex)
2 cups corn cereal squares (like Chex)
2 cups mini pretzels
1 cup whole almonds
¼ cup butter (½ stick)
1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
3 T packed brown sugar
2 t Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend
2/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Spray Rectangle Baker with nonstick cooking spray.

Combine cereal squares, pretzels, and almonds in PC Large Stainless Steel Bowl; set aside.

Melt butter in Micro Cooker in microwave at High for 45-60 seconds. Using Bamboo Spoon, stir in orange juice concentrate, brown sugar, and PC Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend until blended. Pour over cereal mixture; stir well to coat. Spread in single layer in prepared pan.

Bake 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Sir in cranberries. Let cool in pan on Stackable Cooling Rack, leaving uncovered until mixture is crisp. Store in Large Batter Bowl with lid.

Maybe focus on presentation?? The cranberry apple brie recipe that we have is great. Plus, very pretty.

I have a super easy bacon spread recipe..

1 block cream cheese softened
1 T mayo
1 tsp garlic salt (I use half garlic half seasong salt seeing that I never have garlic salt around)
6-8 strips of bacon, crumbled (more if you feel need, and with bacon.. more is always better!)
1 roma tomato chopped.
Green onions, sliced thinly

Mix it all together. Garnish top of dip with a bit more bacon!

One recipe fits into a SA small bowl, I place it on a med square with crackers bread around.

If you really want to wow them, and can get hold of an ice cream maker, I have some great holiday ice cream recipes. Peppermint, egg nog, and sweet potato.

PamperChefCarol said:
If you really want to wow them, and can get hold of an ice cream maker, I have some great holiday ice cream recipes. Peppermint, egg nog, and sweet potato.

OOOOOO....I have an ice cream maker (it was my Grandmama's) and I'd LOVE those ice cream recipes. I am doing an ice cream demo for my DD 4th grade class on her last day before the Xmas break. Thanks, that would be wonderful!! :)

MMMMMMMMM I can't wait to see the holiday ice-cream recipes! Please share!

thechefofnorthbend said:
OOOOOO....I have an ice cream maker (it was my Grandmama's) and I'd LOVE those ice cream recipes. I am doing an ice cream demo for my DD 4th grade class on her last day before the Xmas break. Thanks, that would be wonderful!! :)

Ok everyone... I will dig them out. The Peppermint is my youngest GrD's favorite. The sweet potato one is surprising good. I serve that with a warm pineapple/rum sauce with just a drizzle of warm marshmallow sauce.

Heaven forbid I miss an opportunity to get more fat and sugar in my diet!!

I am off to dig them out and will post.

PamperChefCarol said:
Ok everyone... I will dig them out. The Peppermint is my youngest GrD's favorite. The sweet potato one is surprising good. I serve that with a warm pineapple/rum sauce with just a drizzle of warm marshmallow sauce.

Heaven forbid I miss an opportunity to get more fat and sugar in my diet!!

I am off to dig them out and will post.
Um...LOL...dont forget the sauce recipes too...lol, I know we are a demanding bunch, arent we???:p

Candied Sweet Potato Ice Cream

2 lbs sweet potatoes
2 c milk
1 c heavy or whipping cream
6 large egg yolks
1 c firmly packed brown sugar

Oven to 450. Bake sweet potatoes til tender. Peel and puree until smooth. Set aside.

Bring milk and cream to just about a boil, when there is steam on top, that's good. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until smooth. Remove milk mix from heat and gradually add whisk egg mix into cream/milk mix. It's a good idea to temper the eggs with a bit of warm milk at first before you add them to the milk. Just to briing the eggs up to temperature a bit. Cook mix over med low heat, stirring constantly until it thickens and coats the back of a sppon. Do not boil or it will curdle. This generally takes around 10 minutes.
Remove from heat, stain and then whisk in sweet potatoes. Chill at least 2 hours, but no more than overnight.
Freeze in ice cream maker according to mfg directions.
Yield 1 qt.

The pineapple topping is pretty easy..
One one can (not a small can, but the next size up) of crushed pineapple. Don't have crushed, use whatever, just mush it up. Cook over med heat adding some rum (however much you like!) until it thickens slightly. Cool.

Marshmallow topping... one jar, microwave until warm.

I know... I am a culinary genius!!!

Peppermint ice cream to follow.

Peppermint Ice Cream

3 c half and half
1/4 c light corn syrup
6 egg yolks
1/3 c sugar
pinch of salt
2 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 c peppermint candies lightly crushed (more about this later)

Warrm 2 c of the half and half and corn syrup until steam begins to rise from surface, mabye 3-4 min. Remove from heat.

Whisk together egg yolks, sugar and salt until blended. Gradually add the hot half and half mix, whisking constantly until fully incorporated. Return mix to med low heat and cook, stirring slowly and continuously until custard thickens and a finger drawn across the back of the spoon leaves a path.. about 8-10 min. Do not allow custard to boil.

Pour custard through a sieve. Stir in extract. Add remaining half and half and stir to combine. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.

Transfer custard to ice cream maker and freeze according to directions. When the custard has thicken, almost at the end, add the candy. Transfer the ice cream to a chilled container, freeze until firm.

This is the basic recipe I used for alot of flavors. Omit the peppermint extract and add vanilla and off you go. For candy, I used the chocolate peppermint Girdhadelli (??) squares they had our last year. This year I am chopping up the Hershey's candy cane kisses.

Serve this with a dark chocolate sauce.

You can make your own chocolate sauce by taking cream and melting chocolate, or go the easy route with a jar of premade fudge topping. I warm it up, add some liquor (it seems to be a common theme in my cooking). I like the Godiva dark chocolate with just a splash of peppermint schnapps. Or frangelico, or Kahlua, or Baileys. But the chocolate peppermint is nice with the ice cream.

For the non drinkers.. add a bit of peppermint extract to your chocolate sauce. See, I can be good sometimes!

Related to Need Ideas for Christmas Dinner

1. What are some easy and delicious main course options for Christmas dinner?

Some popular main course options for Christmas dinner include roasted turkey, honey glazed ham, prime rib, and vegetarian options like stuffed squash or mushroom Wellington.

2. Can you suggest some festive side dishes to accompany the main course?

Some delicious side dishes that pair well with Christmas dinner mains include roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and green bean casserole. You can also add a festive touch with dishes like roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon and maple syrup or sweet potato casserole with marshmallows.

3. I want to make a special dessert for Christmas dinner, any suggestions?

For a show-stopping dessert, you can make a traditional Christmas pudding, a festive Yule log cake, or a decadent cheesecake. You can also get creative with holiday flavors like peppermint, eggnog, and gingerbread for your desserts.

4. I have guests with dietary restrictions, do you have any holiday meal ideas for them?

For guests with dietary restrictions, you can make a delicious and festive meal by incorporating ingredients like gluten-free pasta, dairy-free cream, and vegan protein options like tofu or tempeh. You can also find many holiday recipes that are specifically designed for dietary restrictions.

5. What are some tips for planning and preparing a stress-free Christmas dinner?

To make your Christmas dinner preparations easier, you can plan your menu in advance, delegate some dishes to your guests, and make use of make-ahead recipes. You can also simplify your meal by opting for store-bought sides, desserts, and appetizers. And most importantly, don't forget to enjoy the holiday with your loved ones!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • sklay723
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies