• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for an Oil Dipping Party!!

In summary, at an oil dipping party, the host would like different oils with spices and vinegars served with crusty breads. Guests would be able to try out the different oils and spices with the breads.
PAMPCHEFTAM
Does anyone have any good ideas for an oil dipping party? I had a host request this party and I don't know what kind of demo to do. Any advice is helpful :) :confused:

What does she mean by oil dipping? Does she mean different oil and seasoning and/or balsamic vinegar with breads?

Yes, she wants different oil blends with spices and some vinegars served with crusty breads but I don't know what I should do for a demo. I plan on using PC seasoning and oil but I can't really demo this because there is no preparation. I will tell guests about the PC pantry items and include them in the oil blends but I am unsure about the demonstration part of the show.:confused:

You can talk about stoneware (make our beer bread in the loaf pan)

One of your "dips" can be grated parmesean and olive oil (very good) and you can use the deluxe cheese grater or the microplane grater

Use the salt/pepper shaker and do one with cracked black pepper and salt in the olive oil

Rosemary blend spices and oil

Italian seas and oil

Also, you can do the cucumber and lime demo to show a lot of our tools as your "demo" time. I can't find it, but I am attaching a potato demo idea that is very similar.

HTH

Attachments

• Sip and Dip demo ideas.doc
    23 KB · Views: 417
  • THE POTATO SHOW.doc
    21 KB · Views: 324
Here is what I use for Dipping Oil shows - this is not my original creation - it was shared with me on one of the consultant email loops when the Oil Dipping set was first introduced to our catalog. For a while, I used it as my "standard demo" - now I offer it for Sip and Dip shows or other occassional shows.

Melinda

Attachments

• EntertainingDippingFall06.doc
    60 KB · Views: 411
Since it is a dip show you might also want to showcase the crinkle cutter and the new forged cutlery to slice vegetables. You can also show how the new cutting boards have measurements on the sizes so they can slice all the vegetables to be the same length.

Thank You!!You guys are so awesome!! Thanks for the great ideas!!:D

You should make an Italian dish . And do the dipping on the side. Because when you go to a good Italian resturant the bring bread and oil . Then when the dinner is served come around with the deluxe cheese grater to offer cheese

Other great combos to use with the oil and dipping set... lemon zest and juice, Itlalian Seasoning with a clove of garlic cut in half, Rosemary herb seasoning, basalmic vinigar.. just add olive oil to each of them. The Basil blend oil is of course fantastic on it's own.

I love my dipping set, use it all the time. Never did a show with it though.

A dip party ideaHow about making it a sip and dip party? Here are some ideas for that. dont forget to change the info for the correct season and all.

Flora

Attachments

• sip n dip cosmopolitans recipe.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 359
  • Sip N Sample Invitation.doc
    72.5 KB · Views: 384
  • Sip&Dip Mardi Invitation.doc
    64.5 KB · Views: 323
  • Sip-Dip-Party Invitation.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 350
Fabulous ideas!! Thanks everyone! I like the idea about doing some italian food to go with the oil and bread. :D

1. What types of oils are best for an oil dipping party?

The best types of oils for an oil dipping party are extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, truffle oil, avocado oil, and flavored oils such as garlic or chili-infused oil.

2. What types of breads or other foods should be served with the oils?

Breads such as crusty baguettes, ciabatta, and focaccia are great options for dipping in oils. You can also serve vegetables, such as carrots and cucumbers, and crackers or breadsticks for a variety of textures.

3. How should the oils be presented for the party?

The oils can be presented in small bowls or dishes with a drizzle spout for easy pouring. You can also provide small individual dipping bowls for each guest to have their own portion of oil.

4. Are there any specific flavor combinations that work well for an oil dipping party?

Yes, there are many delicious flavor combinations for an oil dipping party. Some popular options include olive oil and balsamic vinegar, truffle oil and parmesan cheese, and garlic-infused oil and herbs. Get creative and experiment with different combinations to find your favorites.

5. How can I make the oil dipping party more interactive and fun for guests?

One idea is to have guests create their own custom oil blends by providing different oils and mix-ins such as herbs, spices, and citrus zest. You can also have a blind taste test to see if guests can guess the different types of oils or flavors. Another option is to have a friendly competition for the best oil dipping creation. Have fun and get creative!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
booksx2
  • Anna Farnum
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • katchkim