• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Dinner Inspiration? Check Out Our Delectable Filet Mignon and Veggie Meal!

You will need to thaw and then bake the frozen dough. It works great! Just make sure you have enough room in the oven for it to bake properly. I was thinking about trying to grill a pizza tonight, but I am not sure if I can use the Pillsbury dough - the kind in the... You will need to thaw and then bake the frozen dough. It works great! Just make sure you have enough room in the oven for it to
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight we are having shrimp in the BBQ Basket w/couscous.

Thinking about trying a new dessert, anyone have any ideas?

Show Night!

Chicken Apples Sausages and Fresh Green Beans.

Desserts...hmmmm, I'm not so good with desserts - although I want to try the Choc. Peanut Butter Torte in the F/W SB!

try the Grilled Banana Splits!!! Out of this WORLD!!!!!

Well, I never got to making chicken last night! My day just slipped away and I had to make the Bead Bowl Aritchoke Dip for my meeting last night! It took me 3 stores to find the sour dough bread bowls that were needed. My recommmendation is to shop Safeway for them! They have the best prices too! Everywhere I looked, they were out of stock or it wasn't sourdough, and they wanted $5.00 each!:eek: I went over to Safeway, found exactly what I was looking for and they were only $1.99 each!!! Wahooo!
Then I was working with my hospitality director for a few hours to plan the meeting! So I lost track of time and ordered a pizza for my family!
Anyway, so tonight I'm making chicken on the grill, have no clue what else, but I will be figuring out something good, it's my DH's last night home for a couple of days, he's heading out of town again to work 2 hours away! So I like to send him off with a good meal! I think I'll be making roasted garlic too, and I bought and extra bread bowl, so I'll cut that up, probably make roasted potatoes and veggies too!
mmmmm..... that's it! Dinner is planned!;):D

Show tonight, too. Probably something quick, like toast for me. My show is near DH's buddy's house, so we're driving over there together and DH is taking sausages and buns for grilling.

I've got a show tonight too. Kids are staying at the IL's tonight as a practice run for our float trip. I have no idea what to fix for DH. He's easy to please though & will make due with a sandwich.

Family night at home - bike ride with the kiddos and dogs and then probably burgers on the grill.We have burgers a lot in the summer...helps to have a freezer with lots of hamburger and buns are still pretty cheap.

rennea said:
Tonight we are having shrimp in the BBQ Basket w/couscous.

Thinking about trying a new dessert, anyone have any ideas?

Do you make your couscous plain or add anything to it?

Bonless ribs on the grill oven rosted potatos and fresh green beans. Nice summer time dinner.

What's for dinner? Good question. I have lots of chicken breasts, or I guess I can do the 30 minute microwave chicken. Whole chickens were 89 cents a pound. I don't even know if that's a great price, but it seemed good.

Any easy chicken ideas? The chicken breasts are frozen, and my son has a game form 5-6. Should probably thought of this earlier.

Tortellini and sauce, and salad. Show tonight, so something easy.

Soft tacos - seasoned ground beef rolled in corn tortillas
Topped with lettuce, tomato, cheese and a tomato based sauce. A dollop of sour cream on top, also some pace thick n chunky which I love!
Spanish rice and refried beans on the side.
Sweet tea and chocolate cake for dessert!!

Debbie :D

JAE said:
What's for dinner? Good question. I have lots of chicken breasts, or I guess I can do the 30 minute microwave chicken. Whole chickens were 89 cents a pound. I don't even know if that's a great price, but it seemed good.

Any easy chicken ideas? The chicken breasts are frozen, and my son has a game form 5-6. Should probably thought of this earlier.

Throw them in a dish frozen, pour Italian Dressing in over them and cook them at about 375 degrees for an hour.

Serve with rice, stuffing or potatoes...

Easy and quick!

I don't have any Italian dressing, rice, stuffing, or potatoes. I have barbecue sauce but I did that the other night. Suppose that would work with spaghetti sauce with a side of cheese filled bread sticks?

something with ground turkey, havent decided yet, any suggestions?? :)

JAE said:
I don't have any Italian dressing, rice, stuffing, or potatoes. I have barbecue sauce but I did that the other night. Suppose that would work with spaghetti sauce with a side of cheese filled bread sticks?

You can pour BBQ sauce over it and just bake it in the oven like that too.

No need to thaw, just pour on top and bake - it will thaw as it cooks and not be too runny at all.

I was thinking about trying to grill a pizza tonight, but I am not sure if I can use the Pillsbury dough - the kind in the can - or if it will make a mess on the grill. I was thinking of pre-baking it in the oven, and then finishing it on the grill. Anyone ever tried this?

JAE said:

Do u have salsa? Pour salsa and cheese over them and bake on 350. That is delish!!

Me and Luke will eat at VBS. Russell has left over ham that my mom saved for him to have tonight since I do not have time to cook before going to VBS.

jbachen said:
I was thinking about trying to grill a pizza tonight, but I am not sure if I can use the Pillsbury dough - the kind in the can - or if it will make a mess on the grill. I was thinking of pre-baking it in the oven, and then finishing it on the grill. Anyone ever tried this?

Oh yeah!! I use these all of the time....they work really well! I just unroll on a cutting board, spray or spread garlic infused oil on one side, put that side down, then do the top while it's on the grill....it is done within 10 mins!

merego said:
something with ground turkey, havent decided yet, any suggestions?? :)

Mix some bbq sauce, breadcrumbs, chopped onion and an egg into the meat, make patties and grill! :chef:

Herbed Chicken (cooking in the crockpot) over a bed of rice....

jenniferknapp said:
Oh yeah!! I use these all of the time....they work really well! I just unroll on a cutting board, spray or spread garlic infused oil on one side, put that side down, then do the top while it's on the grill....it is done within 10 mins!

That sounds yummy - thanks for the advice! :)

Now I just have to make sure DH is up for grilling when he gets home. I really have to get over my fear of that thing...

janetupnorth said:
Do you make your couscous plain or add anything to it?

I'm making it with garlic tonight.

Sometimes I add pine nuts and apricots.

Well, my show for tonight got rescheduled for August. (Lots of last-minute get-aways led to the change.) That's okay. I'm having a good July, but I could use a bit more in my August.

As for dinner, we were given some venison steaks, so I'll be cooking one of those for The Furry Guy. I don't particularly care for venison, so I'll grab some leftovers.

Beans, squash and tomatoes from my garden :)
Hamburgers (from the grocery store) on the grill

PChef_ang said:
Herbed Chicken (cooking in the crockpot) over a bed of rice....

Can you tell me what herbs you are using on the chicken and is it boned chicken or bonless. I need to get some more recipes for the crockpot.

Thanks.

jbachen said:
That sounds yummy - thanks for the advice! :)

Now I just have to make sure DH is up for grilling when he gets home. I really have to get over my fear of that thing...

I'm with you I will not cook on the grill either and I have a gas stove so I am used to cooking with a flame. But there is something about the grill that I just can't do it.

pamperedlinda said:
Beans, squash and tomatoes from my garden :)
Hamburgers (from the grocery store) on the grill
Good thing you clarified. I would have thought the burgers were from your garden, too! :)

rennea said:
I'm making it with garlic tonight.

Sometimes I add pine nuts and apricots.

Can you believe I actually had couscous for the FIRST TIME a few weeks ago?

Hence why I'm looking for some good variants...

janetupnorth said:
Can you believe I actually had couscous for the FIRST TIME a few weeks ago?

Hence why I'm looking for some good variants...

It's good with just a bit of curry powder as well:thumbup:

Let me try this again. I got all the way to the end of my post and managed to set my book down on my 10keypad on the backspace key and everytime I clicked back in the box it would delete everything. I restarted the computer thinking it was having issues, but apparently only I was, lol!!

That's funny Angela!!!!I ended up making yummy potatoes tonight.I combined 2 large baking potatoes, 1 large sweet potato, 2 cloves of garlic, about 8 oz. sour cream and cheddar cheese.I topped it with some diced chives from the garden.That was served with the burgers on the grill...but I ate mostly potatoes! :)

Herbed Chicken
1 chicken, cut with skin removed
(I used tenderloins as DH neglected to tell me we were out of chicken breasts)
2 medium tomatoes chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped or 1 tsp garlic powder (I jsut pressed mine)
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. chicken broth
(have you ever thought about how they come up with the additional Tbsp.'s)
1 bay leaf (I used 3/4 tsp. of Italian Seasoning)
1 1/2 tsp. salt (I don't know if I used this much as DS age 4 started "helping" me at this point.)
1 tsp. thyme, dried
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups broccoli florets (I used frozen and threw them in 30 minutes before the end)
rice, cooked

Place chicken in crockpot. Top with tomatoes, onions and garlic. Combine broth, bay leaf, salt, thyme, and pepper. Pour over chicken. (Oh, I completely missed this! I added it all together as I prepped it. I wonder if it made a difference?) Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Add broccoli; cook 45-60 minutes longer (until the juices run clear). Discard bay leaf. Juices may be thickened with a little cornstarch if desired. Serve over hot rice. Serve 4-6

This was very tasty even with my adaptations. DH just told me that he was impressed with how moist the tenderloins were and that it'd be great with dark meat (like that means anything to me really-please tell me specifically what meat to put in :) )
Anyway, I am not a big fan of rice at all, but really liked it with this dish, lots of juice on it :)

I have a big problem not reading through a recipe entirely before I get started usually missing something major, but though I didn't combine everything like it said, I think it was really good.

Ratings DH really liked it, DS ate all of it without issue, DD #2 not a fan of rice, but liked the rest of it and said the rice wasn't soo bad with this. DD#3 had dental procedure and couldn't eat, but I bet she would have liked it, she's our pickiest and DD#1 is still in China and probably would love this....

Last night we just chopped up some lush root veg, tossed 'em in olive oil, cumin seeds and paprika, and roasted them for 45 mins at 230C. Fab.

Chef Michelle D said:
I'm with you I will not cook on the grill either and I have a gas stove so I am used to cooking with a flame. But there is something about the grill that I just can't do it.

I am with you on that. It is just so big and unfamiliar!

Also, part of my problem is that our ignitor is broken, so I need to drop a match in and then turn on the burner and hope it ignites... Still, last night I decided I was going to get over it, and give it a try... So I got the thing lit (after calling my husband complaining that I couldn't get it to light and realizing I had never opened the gas valve :blushing:), waited for it to heat up, put the veggies on, and when I checked on them later, they were still cold. So I thought, what did I do wrong now??? And then figured out - we had run out of gas! :grumpy::mad:

So much for my adventurous streak! DH got the gas tank filled last night, so maybe I will give it another try tonight. Although there are supposed to be isolated thunderstorms today, so maybe not...

P.S. I ended up roasting the peppers under the broiler, then throwing them on the pizza with some cheese, and it came out pretty good! I had marinated the peppers in balsamic vinegar, oil, and some seasoned salt. I also brushed the pizza crust with some oil, garlic salt and pepper. Yummy.

Where is the recipe for Grilled Banana Splits?

Our delicious dinner was delayed, bc I had to take DH to the ER. Yeah that was exciting. All is well now, and he is resting with some meds. I am sick too, but just taking over the counter.

When we finally ate,

We had

Filet Mignon (was supposed to be grilled, but at 8:30pm neither of us felt like grilling) so I cooked it in the pan

Fresh Green Beans

Mini potatoes (red, golden and purple) baked the day before in olive oil, italian seasoning and garlic.

It was delicious!

Related to Need Dinner Inspiration? Check Out Our Delectable Filet Mignon and Veggie Meal!

1. How can I cook the filet mignon perfectly?

The key to cooking the perfect filet mignon is to sear it on high heat for a few minutes on each side, then finish it in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 8-10 minutes for a medium-rare result. Make sure to let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.

2. What vegetables go well with filet mignon?

Some popular vegetable options to pair with filet mignon are roasted asparagus, sautéed mushrooms, and a simple green salad. You can also try grilling some bell peppers and zucchini for a delicious and colorful side dish.

3. Can I substitute the shrimp for another protein in the BBQ basket?

Absolutely! The BBQ basket is versatile and can be used to cook a variety of proteins such as chicken, steak, or even tofu. Just make sure to adjust the cooking times accordingly.

4. What is the best way to cook couscous?

Couscous is typically cooked by boiling it in water or broth for about 10 minutes. For a more flavorful option, you can also cook it in chicken or vegetable broth and add in some herbs and spices. Make sure to fluff the couscous with a fork after cooking to prevent it from clumping.

5. Any recommendations for a delicious dessert to complement this meal?

If you're looking for something light and refreshing, try a fruit salad with a honey-lime dressing. For a decadent treat, a chocolate lava cake would be the perfect ending to this meal. Or, if you want to keep it simple, some vanilla ice cream with fresh berries on top would also be a delicious option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
leslieprichett
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefParty4U
  • pamperedbybarbara