• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Deep Stone Pie Plate Recipes

In summary, the Cranberry stones are very pretty. The favorite pie plate recipe is the Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie that was a Celebrations show a few seasons ago. The recipe is in a cookbook called "Stoneware Sensations." The stone baked differently than traditional class pie plates. The recipe for the holiday pie is in the PUC with the stone. The recipe is an easy traditional recipe. The pie plate can be lined with pre made crust. The recipe for the apple pie is to mix 3 pounds cooking apples with 1 T lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon (to taste). The pie is to place in pie plate. The recipe for the crumb topping is to butter, flour and
its_me_susan
Have you made any crustless quiche or regular quiche in yours? What's your favorite recipe for this pretty stone (I just got my cranberry one)?

Thanks
Susan :)

I haven't tried any of those, but my favorite pie plate recipe is the Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie that was a Celebrations show a few seasons ago. I made it for one of my husband's office get-togethers last year, and now his co-workers are always requesting it. If you are interested, I can dig up the recipe for you. :)

I have the same color! isn't it pretty! have you tried the Holiday pie recipe yet? I see you are in CT too, I am in central CT and can not find any white chocolate pudding, except instant. Have you tried it?
I seasoned my DDP with Shepard's pie and make my grandma's special crumb top apple pie with a Pillsbury Pie Crust base........mmmmmmmmm

My favorite recipeUpside down carmel apple pie.

It's been a huge hit with my family.

You can find it in the new stoneware sensations cookbook.

My favoriteThe Mexican Choc Pie.

Its So easy and so good. Every one loves this pie and the Cherry Choc Mousse pie -they are right once they try it they come back for more.

The cranberry stones are so vivid and i still have so of the older blue ones and they are just a nice but i use them during the fourth and do red white and blueberry pies.

powelljj said:
I haven't tried any of those, but my favorite pie plate recipe is the Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie that was a Celebrations show a few seasons ago. I made it for one of my husband's office get-togethers last year, and now his co-workers are always requesting it. If you are interested, I can dig up the recipe for you. :)

Sounds delicious ~ do you know what cookbook it's from please? mmm

PCAbby said:
I have the same color! isn't it pretty! have you tried the Holiday pie recipe yet? I see you are in CT too, I am in central CT and can not find any white chocolate pudding, except instant. Have you tried it?
I seasoned my DDP with Shepard's pie and make my grandma's special crumb top apple pie with a Pillsbury Pie Crust base........mmmmmmmmm

Hi neighbor! I'm in the Farmington Valley area. :) Where do I find the holiday pie recipe? How did you make the shepard pie? Did you bake the crescant dough first or just fill and bake?

A grandmother's special crumb top apple cake sounds delicious too! Is it a special recipe you'll share? *wink wink* I love collecting recipes by pieces. :) Thank you!

ltkacz said:
Upside down carmel apple pie.

It's been a huge hit with my family.

You can find it in the new stoneware sensations cookbook.

Liz how does it look when flipped? Do you wait until just about to eat to flip (so everyone can see the pretty stone?). My stone is brand new.... will it stick? I'm going to look at that recipe again! Thanks for reminding me ~ it did sound good!

Mom4kanda said:
The Mexican Choc Pie.

Its So easy and so good. Every one loves this pie and the Cherry Choc Mousse pie -they are right once they try it they come back for more.

The cranberry stones are so vivid and i still have so of the older blue ones and they are just a nice but i use them during the fourth and do red white and blueberry pies.

THOSE recipes sound beautiful and delicious too! Will you please tell me which cookbooks to find these in?

Anyone use it for quiche???

:)

How does the stone bake different from the traditional class pie plates?

Hi
RE Shepards Pie, I just browned ground beef and onions,dumped it in the pan (no crust) added cooked peas and corn and topped it with mashed potatoes. The fat from the beef seasoned stone nicely
The holiday Peppermint Pie came in the PUC with the stone.
My grandma's recipe is an easy traditional recipe-
If desired, line pie plate with pre made crust.
Peel and slice 3 pounds cooking apples
Mix with 1 T lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon (to taste). Place in pie plate.
Combine Butter, Flour and Brown Sugar to form crumb topping (I have no idea on the measurements)- Spread mixture over top of apples,press to seal in juices.
Bake at 350 for 45 min-1 hour, or until apples tender. PLace an aluminum cookie sheet under pie while baking to catch drippings so your kitchen won't smoke. Lastly, as my mom would say- Don't cut into it until it is cool or it will be a runny mess.
Enjoy! Oh, Susan- I am one town over from Farmington, so let me know if you ever need to borrow catalogs or invitations in a pinch.
Abby

Here's a few recipesI've attached some recipes for the DDPP Enjoy! :p

Thank you ladies! I am soooo excited to have these great ideas!!!

PCAbby said:
Hi

Enjoy! Oh, Susan- I am one town over from Farmington, so let me know if you ever need to borrow catalogs or invitations in a pinch.
Abby

Abby you too! Thanks :)

Mom4kanda said:
The Mexican Choc Pie.

I made the Mexican Chocolate Pie ~ had to use Sugarfree instant chocolate pudding as that's all I had. It was a HUGE hit! Thanks for everyone's help. I can't wait to try the other recipes.

Last edited:

1. What is a deep stone pie plate?

A deep stone pie plate is a baking dish made from stoneware that is specifically designed for making deep-dish pies. It has high sides and a wide base, providing ample space for more filling and a thicker crust.

2. Can I use a deep stone pie plate for other dishes?

Yes, you can use a deep stone pie plate for a variety of dishes such as quiches, casseroles, and even fruit crisps. It is also great for reheating leftovers in the oven.

3. How do I care for my deep stone pie plate?

To ensure the longevity of your deep stone pie plate, it is important to follow proper care instructions. Before first use, season the dish by rubbing it with vegetable oil and baking it in the oven for 20 minutes. After each use, allow it to cool before cleaning it with warm soapy water. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh scouring pads, as they can damage the stoneware.

4. What are some popular recipes for deep stone pie plates?

Some popular recipes for deep stone pie plates include deep-dish apple pie, chicken pot pie, and spinach and feta quiche. You can also get creative and use the dish for savory dishes like shepherd's pie or sweet dishes like chocolate lava cake.

5. Can I freeze a deep stone pie plate?

Yes, you can freeze a deep stone pie plate with food in it. However, it is important to wrap the dish tightly with plastic wrap and foil before placing it in the freezer. When ready to use, allow the dish to defrost in the refrigerator before baking in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momoftwins
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
newchef2010
  • momoftwins
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom