• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Deep Stone Pie Plate recipes

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
Have you made any crustless quiche or regular quiche in yours? What's your favorite recipe for this pretty stone (I just got my cranberry one)?

Thanks
Susan :)
 
P

powelljj

Guest
I haven't tried any of those, but my favorite pie plate recipe is the Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie that was a Celebrations show a few seasons ago. I made it for one of my husband's office get-togethers last year, and now his co-workers are always requesting it. If you are interested, I can dig up the recipe for you. :)
 

PCAbby

Member
Sep 24, 2005
124
0
I have the same color! isn't it pretty! have you tried the Holiday pie recipe yet? I see you are in CT too, I am in central CT and can not find any white chocolate pudding, except instant. Have you tried it?
I seasoned my DDP with Shepard's pie and make my grandma's special crumb top apple pie with a Pillsbury Pie Crust base........mmmmmmmmm
 
L

ltkacz

Guest
My favorite recipe

Upside down carmel apple pie.

It's been a huge hit with my family.

You can find it in the new stoneware sensations cookbook.
 

Mom4kanda

Member
Aug 24, 2005
80
0
My favorite

The Mexican Choc Pie.

Its So easy and so good. Every one loves this pie and the Cherry Choc Mousse pie -they are right once they try it they come back for more.

The cranberry stones are so vivid and i still have so of the older blue ones and they are just a nice but i use them during the fourth and do red white and blueberry pies.
 

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
powelljj said:
I haven't tried any of those, but my favorite pie plate recipe is the Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie that was a Celebrations show a few seasons ago. I made it for one of my husband's office get-togethers last year, and now his co-workers are always requesting it. If you are interested, I can dig up the recipe for you. :)

Sounds delicious ~ do you know what cookbook it's from please? mmm
 

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
PCAbby said:
I have the same color! isn't it pretty! have you tried the Holiday pie recipe yet? I see you are in CT too, I am in central CT and can not find any white chocolate pudding, except instant. Have you tried it?
I seasoned my DDP with Shepard's pie and make my grandma's special crumb top apple pie with a Pillsbury Pie Crust base........mmmmmmmmm

Hi neighbor! I'm in the Farmington Valley area. :) Where do I find the holiday pie recipe? How did you make the shepard pie? Did you bake the crescant dough first or just fill and bake?

A grandmother's special crumb top apple cake sounds delicious too! Is it a special recipe you'll share? *wink wink* I love collecting recipes by pieces. :) Thank you!
 

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
ltkacz said:
Upside down carmel apple pie.

It's been a huge hit with my family.

You can find it in the new stoneware sensations cookbook.

Liz how does it look when flipped? Do you wait until just about to eat to flip (so everyone can see the pretty stone?). My stone is brand new.... will it stick? I'm going to look at that recipe again! Thanks for reminding me ~ it did sound good!
 

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
Mom4kanda said:
The Mexican Choc Pie.

Its So easy and so good. Every one loves this pie and the Cherry Choc Mousse pie -they are right once they try it they come back for more.

The cranberry stones are so vivid and i still have so of the older blue ones and they are just a nice but i use them during the fourth and do red white and blueberry pies.

THOSE recipes sound beautiful and delicious too! Will you please tell me which cookbooks to find these in?
 

PCAbby

Member
Sep 24, 2005
124
0
Hi
RE Shepards Pie, I just browned ground beef and onions,dumped it in the pan (no crust) added cooked peas and corn and topped it with mashed potatoes. The fat from the beef seasoned stone nicely
The holiday Peppermint Pie came in the PUC with the stone.
My grandma's recipe is an easy traditional recipe-
If desired, line pie plate with pre made crust.
Peel and slice 3 pounds cooking apples
Mix with 1 T lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon (to taste). Place in pie plate.
Combine Butter, Flour and Brown Sugar to form crumb topping (I have no idea on the measurements)- Spread mixture over top of apples,press to seal in juices.
Bake at 350 for 45 min-1 hour, or until apples tender. PLace an aluminum cookie sheet under pie while baking to catch drippings so your kitchen won't smoke. Lastly, as my mom would say- Don't cut into it until it is cool or it will be a runny mess.
Enjoy! Oh, Susan- I am one town over from Farmington, so let me know if you ever need to borrow catalogs or invitations in a pinch.
Abby
 

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
Mom4kanda said:
The Mexican Choc Pie.

Its So easy and so good. Every one loves this pie and the Cherry Choc Mousse pie -they are right once they try it they come back for more.

The cranberry stones are so vivid and i still have so of the older blue ones and they are just a nice but i use them during the fourth and do red white and blueberry pies.

I made the Mexican Chocolate Pie ~ had to use Sugarfree instant chocolate pudding as that's all I had. It was a HUGE hit! Thanks for everyone's help. I can't wait to try the other recipes.
 
Last edited:
Top