1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need Deep Stone Pie Plate recipes

1. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

Have you made any crustless quiche or regular quiche in yours? What's your favorite recipe for this pretty stone (I just got my cranberry one)?

Thanks
    Susan :)

Dec 9, 2005
  2. powelljj

powelljj Guest

I haven't tried any of those, but my favorite pie plate recipe is the Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie that was a Celebrations show a few seasons ago. I made it for one of my husband's office get-togethers last year, and now his co-workers are always requesting it. If you are interested, I can dig up the recipe for you. :)

Dec 11, 2005
  3. PCAbby

PCAbby Member

I have the same color! isn't it pretty! have you tried the Holiday pie recipe yet? I see you are in CT too, I am in central CT and can not find any white chocolate pudding, except instant. Have you tried it?
    I seasoned my DDP with Shepard's pie and make my grandma's special crumb top apple pie with a Pillsbury Pie Crust base........mmmmmmmmm

Dec 12, 2005
  4. ltkacz

ltkacz Guest

My favorite recipe

Upside down carmel apple pie.

It's been a huge hit with my family.

You can find it in the new stoneware sensations cookbook.

Dec 13, 2005
  5. Mom4kanda

Mom4kanda Member

My favorite

The Mexican Choc Pie.

Its So easy and so good. Every one loves this pie and the Cherry Choc Mousse pie -they are right once they try it they come back for more.

The cranberry stones are so vivid and i still have so of the older blue ones and they are just a nice but i use them during the fourth and do red white and blueberry pies.

Dec 13, 2005
  6. its_me_susan

Sounds delicious ~ do you know what cookbook it's from please? mmm

Dec 14, 2005
  7. its_me_susan

Hi neighbor! I'm in the Farmington Valley area. :) Where do I find the holiday pie recipe? How did you make the shepard pie? Did you bake the crescant dough first or just fill and bake?

A grandmother's special crumb top apple cake sounds delicious too! Is it a special recipe you'll share? *wink wink* I love collecting recipes by pieces. :) Thank you!

Dec 14, 2005
  8. its_me_susan

Liz how does it look when flipped? Do you wait until just about to eat to flip (so everyone can see the pretty stone?). My stone is brand new.... will it stick? I'm going to look at that recipe again! Thanks for reminding me ~ it did sound good!

Dec 14, 2005
  9. its_me_susan

THOSE recipes sound beautiful and delicious too! Will you please tell me which cookbooks to find these in?

Dec 14, 2005
  10. its_me_susan

Anyone use it for quiche???

:)

How does the stone bake different from the traditional class pie plates?

Dec 14, 2005
  11. PCAbby

PCAbby Member

Hi
    RE Shepards Pie, I just browned ground beef and onions,dumped it in the pan (no crust) added cooked peas and corn and topped it with mashed potatoes. The fat from the beef seasoned stone nicely
    The holiday Peppermint Pie came in the PUC with the stone.
    My grandma's recipe is an easy traditional recipe-
    If desired, line pie plate with pre made crust.
    Peel and slice 3 pounds cooking apples
    Mix with 1 T lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon (to taste). Place in pie plate.
    Combine Butter, Flour and Brown Sugar to form crumb topping (I have no idea on the measurements)- Spread mixture over top of apples,press to seal in juices.
    Bake at 350 for 45 min-1 hour, or until apples tender. PLace an aluminum cookie sheet under pie while baking to catch drippings so your kitchen won't smoke. Lastly, as my mom would say- Don't cut into it until it is cool or it will be a runny mess.
    Enjoy! Oh, Susan- I am one town over from Farmington, so let me know if you ever need to borrow catalogs or invitations in a pinch.
    Abby

Dec 14, 2005
  12. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Here's a few recipes

I've attached some recipes for the DDPP Enjoy! :p

Dec 14, 2005
  13. its_me_susan

Thank you ladies! I am soooo excited to have these great ideas!!!

Dec 15, 2005
  14. its_me_susan

Abby you too! Thanks :)

Dec 29, 2005
  15. its_me_susan

I made the Mexican Chocolate Pie ~ had to use Sugarfree instant chocolate pudding as that's all I had. It was a HUGE hit! Thanks for everyone's help. I can't wait to try the other recipes.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
    Dec 29, 2005
Have something to add?