• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stone Pie Plate Tips: Everything You Need to Know for Perfect Pies | TIA

In summary, a stone pie plate is a stoneware baking dish that helps create a crispy crust and evenly bake pies. It is recommended to preheat the dish before use and to avoid using it in the microwave or on the stovetop. To clean it, use warm, soapy water and avoid harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges.
Becky0216
I am about to make a pie for the first time using stone pie plate. Is there anything special I should know before I use the stone?
Is stone any better than a regular pie plate?
TIA

The stoneware pie plate is SOOOO much better than a regular one. My crusts turn out SO much more flaky and good!

Is the baking time the same?

I haven't noticed a difference in baking time...

I lightly spray mine with veg oil. Comes out way better than any glass pie dish I ever used. Mine always stuck with glass (pyrex). If you whisk a bit of water and egg white and brush on the bottom crust after it is in place it will help seal it so it does not get soggy from the pie filling.

My pies tend to take longer in the stoneware pie dish.

thanks. I have an apple pie in the oven as we speak. I hope it turns out well......

I just baked my 2nd apple pie in it today, turned out amazing and my guests loved it.

YUMMMM. I notice the difference for sure. Thanks everyone.
I tried this new apple pie recipe that has kinda a caramel sauce in it. Oh it is to die for.

What is a stone pie plate and how do I use it?

A stone pie plate is a baking dish made from stoneware material, which is known for its even heat distribution and ability to retain heat. To use it, simply place your pie dough inside the dish and add your desired filling. The stoneware will help create a crispy crust and evenly bake your pie.

Do I need to preheat my stone pie plate?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat your stone pie plate before placing your pie inside. This will ensure an evenly baked crust and filling. You can preheat the plate in the oven for 15-20 minutes at the temperature specified in your recipe.

Can I use my stone pie plate in the microwave?

No, stoneware is not recommended for use in the microwave as it can cause the dish to crack or break. It is best to stick to using it in the oven or on the stovetop.

How do I clean my stone pie plate?

To clean your stone pie plate, let it cool completely before washing it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges as they can damage the stoneware. You can also use a stoneware cleaner for tougher stains.

Can I use my stone pie plate on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not recommended for use on the stovetop as it is not designed to withstand direct heat. It is best to stick to using it in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • BeckyC5830