• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Create a Crocabalone in My Crock Pot?

In summary, the author recommends recipes using simple ingredients that can be cooked in a crockpot. She recommends a variety of recipes, including one that uses chicken, tomatoes, green chili peppers, onion, garlic, chicken broth, and cumin. The author recommends downloading a crockpot recipes cookbook before leaving for the day.
babywings76
Gold Member
Our schedule has changed this month and there are going to be a couple nights a week where I will have enough time to walk in the door, dish up something already made and eat in just 10/15 min. and have to go out the door again...with all 4 kids in tow.

So...those nights I want to have something in the crock pot. Any good recipes out there? Some with simple prep steps, too? TIA! :)

What will they eat?

Throw some baby carrots and peeled in the bottom, stew meat on top, one can cream mushroom soup and a can of water mix in an envelope of onion soup mix, cook on low delicious...

chop up carrots, put on bottom, cubed chicken breasts, onion, peas, etc, one can cr chicken, 2 cans chick broth, mix, add one tube biscuits, put over top of all, cook on low, easy chicken/dumplings

You can also make a lasagna...just do traditional recipe, add no bake noodles and cook on low.

I use my crock pot ALOT...I have tons of ideas...

Put in a pork loin or chicken breast quarters, slice a package of mushrooms with egg slicer plus of course, put in crock pot, mix together a can of mushroom soup, a packet of dried onion soup mix, and 1/2 cup wine (red for pork, white for chicken), once mixed pour on top of meat. Cook on low till you get home.

Or, take a DCB recipe, fix it in the crock pot on low. After all the DCB is the crock pot for your oven!

4-5 5 chicken breasts
1 can of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
salt/pepper/fresh garlic

cook on low all day
you can serve over rice w/veggies!

Here are a few- http://www.rachaelray.com/article.php?article_id=275&section=food

4 chicken breasts, 1 jar of salsa, block of cream cheese -- Put chicken & salsa in cooker on lo. When you get home throw in Cream cheese and shred chicken. CC will melt as your shredding. Serve on tortillas or chips, over rice, whatever you like.

Amy..I do not like chicken in the crock pot..but I am definately going to try that one.

Amanda - you know I'm not one for using the canned cream soups....so I like this website. She's also written a couple Crockpot Cookbooks. :)

A Year of Slow Cooking

I love that she uses a lot of fresh, simple ingredients to make some really great crockpot recipes. She's also really honest in her reviews of how her family liked them.

Layer sliced onion, pork chops & sliced potatoes with cream of mushroom soup mixed with 1/2 to 1 can of water or stock. Salt & pepper each layer (except soup, of course). Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve with desired sides. Also works in oven w/DCB at 350 for 1.5 to 2 hours. Yummy!

I have the Pioneer Woman's Drip Beef in the Crock Pot as we speak. (I'm doing version #2 without the pepperoncini)Drip Beef, Two Ways | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree DrummondGolden Mushroom Pork and ApplesMakes 8 servings2 10 ¾ oz cans of Campbell’s Golden Mushroom Soup (I have used Cream of Mushroom too)
½ cup water
1 tbsp packed brown sugar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
8 boneless prk chops ¾ inch thick (or pork loins)
4 large Granny Smith Apples
2 large sliced onionsStir water, soup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and thyme into a 3 ½ qt slow cooker. Add pork, apples and onions. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hrs or on high for 4-5, or until pork is cooked through.I serve over rice, but a risotto or couscous could be nice tooSpicy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Spicy Tortilla Soup
Servings: 4-6Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
1 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 to 1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp. cumin
salt and pepper to taste
4 corn tortillas
2 T fresh chopped cilantro
1/2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 avocado, seeded, peeled and diced at last minute and tossed in fresh lime juiceDirections:
Place chicken in crock-pot. Mix tomatoes with juice, chilies, onion, garlic, chicken broth and cumin. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken from crock-pot and shred with 2 forks. Return to cooking liquid. Adjust seasonings if needed and add more broth if needed.Just before serving, add tortillas and cilantro to crock-pot. Stir to blend. Serve in soup bowls, topping each with cheese, avocado and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.

Do you have the Nook?? I just downloaded a crockpot recipes cookbook...think something like 200+ recipes...cost to download-----$.99!!

Wow! Thanks for all the great ideas everyone! :) I had to leave after I posted and so I wasn't able to respond till now.I'll definitely be trying some of these recipes and for sure checking out those websites.

Enchiladas

1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 can chopped chilies (41/2 oz.)
1 can mild enchilada sauce
1 can golden mushroom soup (101/2 oz.)
1 can cheddar cheese soup (101/2 oz.)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (101/2 oz.)
1 can cream of celery soup (101/2 oz.)
1 pkg. Doritos chips

Brown ground beef and chopped onion, pour off grease. put all ingredients in Crockery Pot except Doritos chips. Mix and cook on low 4 to 6 hours. Last 15 minutes before serving, add Doritos and stir.

Ohhhh, Amanda - I thought of another recipe!

We LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe, and I've made it for kids who have been here for playdates and dinner - all of them have loved it, and I've had a couple moms call me for the recipe, because their kids raved about it! And it's so stinkin' easy!

Molly's Chicken Recipe - Allrecipes.com

If I put ring bologna in a crock pot all day, would I end up with a crock o' baloney?

ChefBeckyD said:

We LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe, and I've made it for kids who have been here for playdates and dinner - all of them have loved it, and I've had a couple moms call me for the recipe, because their kids raved about it! And it's so stinkin' easy!

Looks delicious! Thanks! :)

ChefBeckyD said:

I will probably be trying this one.

Oh, wait. I had that wrong.

If I put a crocodile and an abalone in the crock pot all day, would I end up with a crocabalone?

[turning, ducking, covering head]

1. What are some easy crock pot recipes for beginners?

As a consultant for Pampered Chef, I highly recommend our Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe. It only requires four ingredients and can be easily customized with your favorite BBQ sauce. Another easy option is our Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings, which uses pre-made biscuit dough for the dumplings.

2. Can I use my crock pot for more than just soups and stews?

Absolutely! The possibilities are endless with a crock pot. You can use it for cooking meats, making casseroles, and even baking desserts. Check out our website for a variety of crock pot recipes for every meal of the day.

3. How do I convert a traditional recipe to a crock pot recipe?

Converting a traditional recipe to a crock pot recipe is fairly simple. The general rule is to cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. You may also need to adjust the amount of liquid used, as there is minimal evaporation in a crock pot. Our website has a handy conversion chart to help you with this process.

4. Can I cook frozen meat in a crock pot?

It is not recommended to cook frozen meat in a crock pot, as it can increase the risk of foodborne illness. It is best to thaw meat in the refrigerator before cooking in a crock pot. However, there are some recipes that call for frozen meat, such as our Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff, which cooks on low for 8 hours.

5. How do I clean my crock pot?

Cleaning your crock pot is easy. If your crock pot has a removable liner, simply wash it with warm soapy water or place it in the dishwasher. If your crock pot does not have a removable liner, fill it with warm soapy water and let it soak for a few minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge. Be sure to dry it thoroughly before storing. For tougher stains, you can make a paste with baking soda and water and use it to scrub the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vwpamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jessicafawn
  • junkfortara