1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Food that can 'sit out' - ISO recipe suggestions

1. junkfortara

junkfortara Member Gold Member

Hello Chefs,
    I'm in need of some recipes that I can make ahead of time that do not need to be heated or cooled. We're having bachelorette party for one of my friends and will have a brief stop at our hotel room with snacks/sandwhiches and I'm in charge of the menu. I could potentially take a crock pot- but want to minimize 'stuff' if possible.

The first thing that came to mind is flavored pretzels, oil dipping seasonings w/bread and maybe even flavored cream cheese-

Everything will be sitting out for at least 2 hours before we have a chance to eat...

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

May 14, 2009
  2. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

no cream cheese. Cheese & crackers cut with our mini cutters!!

May 14, 2009
  3. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Unless you have a small ice chest, any cheese is going to be hard to keep for two hours. If you can arrange to have a ice chest, I think your options will increase.

4. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Great idea Holly.....maybe the room will have a mini fridge....then you can do a veggie and/or fruit tray too.....the Garden Dip is YUMMY!!!

Garden Dip - Prep Time - 10 minutes

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese (softened, 30-40 sec in micro)
    2 TBSP Mayo
    1 tsp Pantry All-Purpose Dill Mix (You can use regular Dill)
    1 garlic clove
    1 plum tomato
    1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
    1 small carrot, finely grated (about 1/4 cup)
    Salt & Ground Pepper to taste
    1-2 TBSP milk
    1 large red bell pepper
    Assorted fresh veggie dippers

1. In small batter bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, dill mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well. Dice tomato and green bell pepper. Grate carrot using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Add veggies to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Add 1-2 tablespoons milk to dip go adjust consistency.

2. Using V-shaped cutter, cut off top of red bell pepper. Discard top, membranes and seeds. Place bell pepper in center of serving platter; fill with dip. Serve with assorted veggies.

5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

May 14, 2009
  6. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

Do you have chillzanne pieces you can keep them chilled in? Can you bring a cooler?

May 14, 2009
  7. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

Southern Style Salsa from the old Celebrate cookbook. It's a staple here!

May 14, 2009
  8. junkfortara

I don't have any chillzane pieces, but yes there will be a mini fridge for a few small items. I will most likely end up doing a big cooler too-- it's just too limiting to have no hot or cold...
    Keep the ideas coming! :)

May 15, 2009
  9. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

How about some fruit? I would normally think about keeping this refrigerated, but grapes or strawberries are kept at room temp in the store, aren't they?

If you made a container of fruit dip, that could be kept in the cooler until ready to use.

Also, what about veggies? I am thinking carrots, celery and grape tomatoes are fine kept out for awhile. Just keep a dip in the cooler. Do cucumbers have to stay refrigerated once cut??

Also, what about a chex mix of some type? I know the Chex website has tons of ideas.

I can come with desserts - but appetizers are hard! :)

May 15, 2009
  10. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

If you have the large Colapsible Bowl and the new chip-n-dip bowl thingy, you can fill the colapsible bowl up with ice and put the chip-n-dip bowl on top... it fits perfectly in there, you can even put the lid on it, so you could use that for some fruit or veggies with a dip or something like that...

May 15, 2009
  11. junkfortara

that's a great idea-- I'm getting ready to place another order so those just jumped on to my wish list! :)

And I LOVE chex mix too-- definitely going to visit their site and make some easy snacks.

May 15, 2009
  12. Flamingo

Flamingo Advanced Member Gold Member

Have fun at the party.............

May 15, 2009
  13. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

My director served this great recipe, as relayed by my teammate, and it is FABULOUS and super simple.

In your SA small serving bowls, fill one w/ sour cream (which can be in fridge til ready), and the other with brown sugar. Have strawberries, everyone can dip in sour cream first, then dip in brown sugar. The combo sounds strange, but trust me....you'll love it!

If you're not in the mood for a traditional veggie or fruit tray, make veggie and fruit kabobs.

Have something to add?