• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Food That Can 'Sit Out' - Iso Recipe Suggestions

-Prep Time - 10 minutes-Marinate veggies in olive oil, salt, and pepper-Thread veggies onto skewers-Grill kabobs over indirect heat, turning occasionally, until veggies are charred and tender-Serve kabobs with dipping sauce, if desired
junkfortara
Gold Member
Hello Chefs,
I'm in need of some recipes that I can make ahead of time that do not need to be heated or cooled. We're having bachelorette party for one of my friends and will have a brief stop at our hotel room with snacks/sandwhiches and I'm in charge of the menu. I could potentially take a crock pot- but want to minimize 'stuff' if possible.

The first thing that came to mind is flavored pretzels, oil dipping seasonings w/bread and maybe even flavored cream cheese-

Everything will be sitting out for at least 2 hours before we have a chance to eat...

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

no cream cheese. Cheese & crackers cut with our mini cutters!!

Unless you have a small ice chest, any cheese is going to be hard to keep for two hours. If you can arrange to have a ice chest, I think your options will increase.

Great idea Holly.....maybe the room will have a mini fridge....then you can do a veggie and/or fruit tray too.....the Garden Dip is YUMMY!!!

Garden Dip - Prep Time - 10 minutes

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese (softened, 30-40 sec in micro)
2 TBSP Mayo
1 tsp Pantry All-Purpose Dill Mix (You can use regular Dill)
1 garlic clove
1 plum tomato
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1 small carrot, finely grated (about 1/4 cup)
Salt & Ground Pepper to taste
1-2 TBSP milk
1 large red bell pepper
Assorted fresh veggie dippers

1. In small batter bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, dill mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well. Dice tomato and green bell pepper. Grate carrot using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Add veggies to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Add 1-2 tablespoons milk to dip go adjust consistency.

2. Using V-shaped cutter, cut off top of red bell pepper. Discard top, membranes and seeds. Place bell pepper in center of serving platter; fill with dip. Serve with assorted veggies.

Harder cheeses are fine left out for a couple hours. In fact, cheese is supposed to be served at room temperature - it's flavor is best at room temp.
(http://www.zingermanscreamery.com/2007/09/serving-cheese-at-room-temperature/)
Most hotel rooms would have a mini-fridge where you could stick small bowls if you needed to.

Do you have chillzanne pieces you can keep them chilled in? Can you bring a cooler?

Southern Style Salsa from the old Celebrate cookbook. It's a staple here!

I don't have any chillzane pieces, but yes there will be a mini fridge for a few small items. I will most likely end up doing a big cooler too-- it's just too limiting to have no hot or cold...
Keep the ideas coming! :)

How about some fruit? I would normally think about keeping this refrigerated, but grapes or strawberries are kept at room temp in the store, aren't they?

If you made a container of fruit dip, that could be kept in the cooler until ready to use.

Also, what about veggies? I am thinking carrots, celery and grape tomatoes are fine kept out for awhile. Just keep a dip in the cooler. Do cucumbers have to stay refrigerated once cut??

Also, what about a chex mix of some type? I know the Chex website has tons of ideas.

I can come with desserts - but appetizers are hard! :)

If you have the large Colapsible Bowl and the new chip-n-dip bowl thingy, you can fill the colapsible bowl up with ice and put the chip-n-dip bowl on top... it fits perfectly in there, you can even put the lid on it, so you could use that for some fruit or veggies with a dip or something like that...

ChefPaulaB said:
If you have the large Colapsible Bowl and the new chip-n-dip bowl thingy, you can fill the colapsible bowl up with ice and put the chip-n-dip bowl on top... it fits perfectly in there, you can even put the lid on it, so you could use that for some fruit or veggies with a dip or something like that...

that's a great idea-- I'm getting ready to place another order so those just jumped on to my wish list! :)

And I LOVE chex mix too-- definitely going to visit their site and make some easy snacks.

Have fun at the party.............

My director served this great recipe, as relayed by my teammate, and it is FABULOUS and super simple.

In your SA small serving bowls, fill one w/ sour cream (which can be in fridge til ready), and the other with brown sugar. Have strawberries, everyone can dip in sour cream first, then dip in brown sugar. The combo sounds strange, but trust me....you'll love it!

If you're not in the mood for a traditional veggie or fruit tray, make veggie and fruit kabobs.

What are some common foods that can sit out without spoiling?

Some common foods that can sit out without spoiling include dry goods such as bread, crackers, and cookies, as well as uncut fruits and vegetables, and hard cheeses.

How long can these foods sit out without spoiling?

The length of time these foods can sit out without spoiling depends on various factors such as temperature, humidity, and exposure to air. Generally, they can sit out for a few hours to a day before spoiling.

What are some tips for keeping these foods fresh while sitting out?

To keep these foods fresh while sitting out, make sure to store them properly in airtight containers or cover them with plastic wrap. It is also important to keep them away from direct sunlight and in a cool, dry place.

Can cooked or prepared foods sit out without spoiling?

Cooked or prepared foods, such as casseroles, should not sit out for more than 2 hours at room temperature. It is best to refrigerate them if they will not be consumed within this time frame.

Are there any foods that should not be left out at all?

Yes, there are some foods that should not be left out at all, such as dairy products, meat, and seafood. These foods are more prone to spoilage and can pose a risk of foodborne illness if left out for too long.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies