• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Tortilla Cassarole (How Can My Dcb Be 2 Places at Once?)

In summary, the former missionaries to Mexico have joined my church and I am cooking them dinner. I am not sure if I will have time to retrieve the dinner I made for them if I borrow the DCB from a neighbor.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Some former missionaries to Mexico have moved to my area and have joined my church. When I was asked to put together a meal for them, I had the perfect meal for the pastor and his wife ... a Chicken Tortilla Cassarole! I don't have the deep dish baker but I do have the DCB and have whipped this one together many times ...

Only problem is ... I've committed to bringing them this dinner on Friday (late afternoon) and I have a show Sunday afternoon, where I am planning to bring the chicken in the DCB. I am not 100 percent sure I'll be at church or that I won't have to leave early, and what if they don't think to bring the DCB with them?

The church is 15 miles or more from my house, ditto for their place, so I am not crazy about the idea of coming up to retrieve it on Saturday.

I guess I could put it in my crock pot crock (which is about the same size) but can I cook the recipe in that too?

I was thinking of just putting the hot mixture in the crock and melting the cheese in it ....

Hmmm.... the crock might work, but does someone else in your area have a DCB you can borrow? Perhaps you'll have to use another dish?

I am already driving all over town Thursday to borrow the Salad and Berry Spinner and the Micro Cooker ... and I've already borrowed the ice cream scooper from a clustermate!

And did I mention that I'm going on vacation on Father's Day?

I'm making two 30 minute chickens ... one on Sunday, and one on Friday ... so I NEED the DCB. I will not have time to return the DCB between Friday and Sunday if I borrow it ... and I don't want to leave someone else's DCB with this overwhelmed couple!

I'm leaning toward just scooping the mix into the crock pot once it's done ... or a disposable dish they won't have to worry about returning!

You might try making it in the DCB, then transferring it to another dish (or aluminum baker so you don't have to worry about getting a dish back) just before the last step of putting on the chips and cheese.

That's kind of what I was trying to say with more words!

I think it would have to be something that can go in the microwave if I'm going to melt the cheese ...

I've made this on the stovetop in my family skillet and then just served it on a platter. You could do that, or put it in a casserole dish and they could re-heat it in the oven....

1. How do I make the Chicken Tortilla Casserole?

To make the Chicken Tortilla Casserole, you will need cooked chicken, tortillas, diced tomatoes, black beans, cheese, and your choice of seasonings. Layer the ingredients in a baking dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Can I substitute the chicken for another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken for ground beef, shredded pork, or even tofu for a vegetarian option. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. How can I modify the recipe to make it gluten-free?

To make the Chicken Tortilla Casserole gluten-free, use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. You can also use gluten-free breadcrumbs or skip the breadcrumbs altogether.

4. Can I make this ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the casserole ahead of time and refrigerate until you are ready to bake it. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time if the casserole is cold when you put it in the oven.

5. How can my DCB be in two places at once?

Unfortunately, your DCB (Digital Cooking Blender) cannot be in two places at once. However, you can use the DCB to quickly and easily blend the ingredients for this casserole, making meal prep a breeze.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• accooks13
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76