• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

White Chicken Chili for Colorguard Party: Stovetop or Crockpot?

In summary, the author is planning to make white chicken chili for a colorguard party tomorrow afternoon and they are unsure of how to do it. They have either used a stovetop or crock pot and they both worked well. They also mention that they made money from doing something they didn't originally want to do.
paroese
Gold Member
I'm supposed to make the white chicken chili for DD's colorguard party tomorrow afternoon. Has anyone made this on the stovetop or in a crock pot? We moved and no longer have a microwave. I'd love to do it in my crock pot if possible. Any suggestions?

I'm sure you could, never tried it though, the crockpot would be nice to take along! I dunno how you are doing it, I'd be crazy without a microwave!

We used to have one mounted above the stove in our old house. We couldn't put one there in the new house because of the vent duct. I didn't think it would be a big deal and haven't missed it until today when I realized I needed it for the chili. I think I'm going to try it in the crock pot because it will be easier to take along and hope for the best.

I did it for about 3 months last year. My ex challenged me to spend the entire summer at a campground near our employments. He had just gotten a pop up trailer, and didn't think I could live like that. I had to learn how to cook over a fire! I wanted a microwave, but he said that I couldn't do it without... well, I'll show you! LOL We broke up by the end of the summer, but I did it! I only went back to the apartment to do laundry. I missed having the internet most of all, but I had access at work, so I wasn't completely lost from the real world.

It wasn't so bad, but I'll NEVER do it again, I don't even look forward to short weekend camping trips.

I hope your chili turns out, you'll have to let us know!

A past host of mine, who doesn't have the DCB, made it on the stovetop in a stockpot. She said it turned out great. I think she microwaved the garlic, but you can roast it in the oven, too.

Just thought I would update. I decided to go ahead and make this in the crock pot and it turned out GREAT! I made a double batch. I used my neighbor's microwave to roast the garlic because I didn't want to take the time to do it in the oven (and since I was using the batter bowl sold $92 worth of PC because she asked about it). I mixed everything together (but forgot the southwest seasoning) except the beans and cooked it on low for 5 hours. I then added the beans and cooked for another 30 minutes until it was time to leave. There were approximately 80 people there and it was gone about halfway through the line. Everyone kept saying how good it was and wanted the recipe. I happened to have it with me and there was a copier there so we made one for everyone. I also booked 3 more shows (to get the DCB), sold 2 other DCBs and have a few others thinking about booking to get it.

paroese said:
Just thought I would update. I decided to go ahead and make this in the crock pot and it turned out GREAT! I made a double batch. I used my neighbor's microwave to roast the garlic because I didn't want to take the time to do it in the oven (and since I was using the batter bowl sold $92 worth of PC because she asked about it). I mixed everything together (but forgot the southwest seasoning) except the beans and cooked it on low for 5 hours. I then added the beans and cooked for another 30 minutes until it was time to leave. There were approximately 80 people there and it was gone about halfway through the line. Everyone kept saying how good it was and wanted the recipe. I happened to have it with me and there was a copier there so we made one for everyone. I also booked 3 more shows (to get the DCB), sold 2 other DCBs and have a few others thinking about booking to get it.

WOW! So, because you made this chili, you have enough sales to call it a show - PLUS you got 3 bookings? I'd call that VERY successful!:thumbup:

congratulations!

Cool!! That is the best when you don't go in to sell, but you get to anyway.

I made it on the stove top in the 8qt stock pot.
It came out really well. Instead of using the garlic from the micro I just used chopped garlic.

I love making money when I don't even have to try.

don't we all? great job on everything! thats very exciting!

1. Can I use chicken breast or do I have to use chicken thighs for the white chicken chili?

Either chicken breast or chicken thighs can be used for the white chicken chili. It ultimately depends on personal preference. Chicken thighs tend to have more flavor and are more moist when cooked, while chicken breast may be a healthier option. Feel free to use whichever cut of chicken you prefer.

2. Can I make this white chicken chili ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, this white chicken chili can be made ahead of time and reheated. In fact, the flavors tend to develop and become more delicious when made ahead of time. Simply store the chili in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave when ready to serve.

3. Can I substitute the white beans for another type of bean?

Yes, you can substitute the white beans for another type of bean such as black beans or kidney beans. However, keep in mind that this may alter the flavor and texture of the chili. It is recommended to stick with white beans for the best results.

4. Can I make this white chicken chili vegetarian?

Yes, you can make this white chicken chili vegetarian by omitting the chicken and using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. You can also add additional vegetables such as diced bell peppers, corn, or zucchini to add more flavor and texture to the chili.

5. How long does it take to cook the white chicken chili in a crockpot?

The white chicken chili can be cooked in a crockpot on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. It is recommended to cook on low for the best results, as the flavors will have more time to develop and the chicken will be more tender.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Energizermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • pamperdpaula