• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Yummy Appetizer With Chicken

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for ideas for a Christmas Eve appetizer without bread. Suggestions include buffalo chicken dip, potstickers, savory veggie mini quiches with added chicken, Touchdown Taco Dip with chicken added, Clubhouse Chicken Squares, and a Chicken Enchilada Ring. Other ideas mentioned are Skewered Sesame Chicken with Chili Dip, Warm Chicken Curry Dip, and Apricot Ginger Wings.
chefkristin
Gold Member
Hi All

I need some ideas for Christmas Eve at my sister's house. I was asked to make an appetizer with chicken without bread. So the Chicken and Broccoloi braid is out. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could possibly make?:confused:

How about Buffalo Chicken Dip?

The potstickers from the Dim Sum theme show are a chicken recipe and are really good.

chefann said:
The potstickers from the Dim Sum theme show are a chicken recipe and are really good.
OOHH!! I forgot about that one! I think I will make those. Thanks Ann!!:D

I love those potstickers. And people get really impressed when you say that you made them from scratch. :D

I agree! I always forget about them too. They are awesome!

Any other ideas? My mom shot the potstickers down. She says its because she is already making stuffed shells so to her those are too similar.
Rolling my eyes:rolleyes:

Savory veggie mini quiches, but add chicken?
Add a layer of chicken to the Touchdown Taco Dip?
Clubhouse Chicken Squares are always a hit...
Chicken Enchilada Ring (cut small pieces and it's an appetizer)

chefkristin said:
Hi All

I need some ideas for Christmas Eve at my sister's house. I was asked to make an appetizer with chicken without bread. So the Chicken and Broccoloi braid is out. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could possibly make?:confused:

Ok, it's not PC, but another good Junior League recipe.
Skewered Sesame Chicken with Chili Dip.

Sesame Chicken
1/8 c rice wine vinegar
1/2 c sesame oil
1 T chopped garlic
1/8 c soy sauce
1 1/3 lb raw chicken, cut into 48 bite size pieces
1/4 c white sesame seeds
1/4 c black sesame seeds
2 tsp cornstarch
3 T flour
3/4 c peanut oil
48 snow peas

Mix rice wine vinegar, sesmae oil, garlic, and soy sauce, pour over chicken. Marinate overnight. Mix sesame seeds, cornstarch, and flour. Dip marinated chicken into sesame seed mix. Place on parchment lined tray and let set 10 min. Heat peanut oil in saute pan and brown chicken. Drain on paper towels.

Trim tips and lightly blanch snow peas. Wrap pea pod around chicken and skewer.

Chili Dip
1 T rice wine vinegar
2 T chili paste with garlic
1 T soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 T minced ginger
3/4 c mayo
1 T sugar
dash of tabasco sauce

To prepare dip, combine all ingredients, blending well.
You can put the dip in a hollowed out red pepper if you don't have a pretty bowl for it.

To assemble, layer a tray with kale (ok, I omit this!). I just arrange the skewers around the dip. Serves 12

This looks like a lot of work, but they are sooooooo good. Every time I take the time to make these, everyone just loves them. Plus the dip is tasty, but not firey hot.

I've added chicken to the Touchdown Taco Dip and it's delicious. I reccommend it.

The Warm Chicken Curry Dip (Season's Best S/S '06) is AWESOME! I've had it at a cluster meeting (everyone loved it), made it for my husband and kids (one of my girls is fairly picky) and they loved it, made it on a few other occasions and it went over very well.

ChefTS said:
The Warm Chicken Curry Dip (Season's Best S/S '06) is AWESOME!

I've had it at a cluster meeting (everyone loved it), made it for my husband and kids (one of my girls is fairly picky) and they loved it, made it on a few other occasions and it went over very well.
Oh yes! That is a good one! And there is no bread involved either. Maybe I will ask her (my mom) about that one.

one of my favoritesApricot ginger wings
1 cup apricot preserves
1/4 cup crystalized ginger
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup white vinager
3 1/2 lbs chicken wings

heat oven to 450 degrees, in a food processor combine preserves,ginger,garlic and salt. process untill ginger and garlic are finely chopped. stir in vinegar.
cut wings in half at joint if not done. place on pan covered in foil and brush with 1/2 cup apricot glaze. roast for 15 min. turn wings over and brush with remaining glaze. roast for another 15 min or until the juices run clear.
I have used this recipe and kept them warm in a crock pot for a pot luck. It is one I got from my mom's family circle magazine.

poohritz said:
Apricot ginger wings
1 cup apricot preserves
1/4 cup crystalized ginger
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup white vinager
3 1/2 lbs chicken wings

heat oven to 450 degrees, in a food processor combine preserves,ginger,garlic and salt. process untill ginger and garlic are finely chopped. stir in vinegar.
cut wings in half at joint if not done. place on pan covered in foil and brush with 1/2 cup apricot glaze. roast for 15 min. turn wings over and brush with remaining glaze. roast for another 15 min or until the juices run clear.
I have used this recipe and kept them warm in a crock pot for a pot luck. It is one I got from my mom's family circle magazine.
OH! This sounds good too. Now I don't know what to make. :p

What is a good chicken appetizer recipe?

One of our most popular chicken appetizer recipes is the Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites. The combination of savory bacon and tender chicken is always a hit with party guests. Plus, it's easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time.

Can I use leftover chicken for an appetizer?

Absolutely! Our Chicken Avocado Roll-Ups are a delicious and creative way to use up leftover chicken. Simply mix shredded chicken with avocado, cream cheese, and seasonings, then roll it up in a tortilla and slice into bite-sized pieces.

Is there a vegetarian option for a chicken appetizer?

Yes, our Caprese Chicken Skewers are the perfect vegetarian option. Simply skewer cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil with marinated chicken for a colorful and flavorful appetizer that is sure to please.

Can I make chicken appetizers in the oven?

Absolutely! Our Chicken Parmesan Sliders are a delicious and easy appetizer that can be made in the oven. Simply top slider buns with breaded chicken, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese, then bake until golden and bubbly.

Are there any gluten-free options for chicken appetizers?

Yes, our Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a tasty and gluten-free option. Simply mix shredded chicken with buffalo sauce and wrap it in lettuce leaves for a healthier and allergy-friendly appetizer option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • PamperChefCarol
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies