• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need an Pilsbury Appetizer Idea

In summary, the host for next week is looking for a savory appetizer demo and specifically mentioned using Pillsbury dough. The suggested chicken caesar salad pizza and chicken clubhouse squares were not of interest, so the host is seeking other ideas. Some suggestions include Mini Pesto Pizzas, Jalapeno Popper Pizzas, Crescent Bacon-Cheese Tartlets, Cheesy Bacon Bites, and Rosemary Parmesan Pinwheels. The host has also mentioned wanting to use Pillsbury dough for some reason.
kcjodih
Gold Member
My host for next week emailed to tell me she'd like a savory demo (I offer sweet or savory) and that she'd REALLY like it to be an appetizer not a main course and would like something with Pilsbury but not a wreath/ring/braid. ?)

I offered the chicken caesar salad pizza and chicken clubhouse squares and she wasn't interested. I'm stumped. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

kcjodih said:
My host for next week emailed to tell me she'd like a savory demo (I offer sweet or savory) and that she'd REALLY like it to be an appetizer not a main course and would like something with Pilsbury but not a wreath/ring/braid. ?)

I offered the chicken caesar salad pizza and chicken clubhouse squares and she wasn't interested. I'm stumped. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Other than the bites (I've read somewhere that there are different versions of them). I can't think of a "savory" appetizer with pilsbury that is not a braid

The Mini Pesto Pizzas from last year are really good!

or the Jalepeno Popper Pizzas from the new S/B cookbook.

These are great and very flexible. Add small amount chopped broccoli or mushrooms; use cheddar instead of swiss; ham instead of bacon, etc.

Crescent Bacon-Cheese Tartlets

INGREDIENTS:
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet
1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 cup chopped cooked bacon
1 tablespoon chopped green onion (1 medium)
1 egg
3 tablespoons whipping cream
DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough into 1 large rectangle on work surface. Press into 12x9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough on work surface. Press into 12x9-inch rectangle.
3. Cut dough into 12 squares. Gently press squares into 12 ungreased mini muffin cups, shaping edges to form rims 1/4 inch high. Spoon cheese evenly into dough-lined cups. Top each with bacon and onion. In small bowl, beat egg and whipping cream with wire whisk or fork until blended. Spoon slightly less than 1 tablespoon mixture into each cup.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and filling is set. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
NUTRITION INFORMATION:
1 Appetizer: Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g); Protein 3g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.​

I can't remember the name but a few years ago, we had the pinwheel recipes... with the cream cheese type spread in the middle, roll up and slice, then bake....?

Cheesy bacon bites are my personal favorite...it's a very quick demo and everyone loves them.

Cheesy Bacon Bites

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup Real Bacon Pieces (found in the Salad Dressing Section of most grocery stores)
2 tablespoons chopped onions
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls

1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine cream cheese, bacon, onion and pepper in a Batter Bowl.
2. Separate crescent rolls into two long rectangles. Pinch seams together. Spread cheese mixture on each rectangle.
3. Roll up, starting at longest side, and seal by pressing crescent roll dough together. Cut each roll into 16 slices. Place slices cut side down, on flat Baking Stone.

4. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yields: 32 appetizers

Any particular reason she wants pillsbury?

ChefBeckyD said:
The Mini Pesto Pizzas from last year are really good!

or the Jalepeno Popper Pizzas from the new S/B cookbook.

I LOVE the mini pesto pizzas I make those all the time. They were my first recipe for my first show and they always go over really well when I've demoed them.

PampChefJoy said:
I can't remember the name but a few years ago, we had the pinwheel recipes... with the cream cheese type spread in the middle, roll up and slice, then bake....?

mmm mmm good! I can eat the entire recipe myself!

Rosemary Parmesan Pinwheels

1 can (8 ounces) Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
½ cup regular cream cheese spread
¼ cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
4 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon Pantry Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix

1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Separate dough into four rectangles on smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Press seams to seal.
2. Place cream cheese in Small Batter Bowl. Grate Parmesan cheese into batter bowl using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Snip rosemary using Kitchen Shears; add to cheese mixture. Mix well using Small Mix ’N Scraper®. Using Small Spreader, spread each rectangle with about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture to within ¼ inch of edges.
3. Starting at short side, roll up each rectangle; pinch edges to seal. Cut each roll crosswise into six slices using Serrated Bread Knife for a total of 24 slices. Place slices, cut side down, on Large Round Stone. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 24 pinwheels

Nutrients per serving (1 pinwheel): Calories 60, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 105 mg, Fiber 0 g

Woohoo, thank you ladies! This gives her lots to choose from. I haven't made any of these in my 4 years with PC so it'll be something new for me as well.

Linda, she just said she wanted crescent rolls or pizza dough or 'you know something yummy from that Pilsbury stuff that's an appetizer but not rings or braids'.

Gotta love these types of hosts UGH!

Everyone loves the cheesey spinach pinwheels. I also attached the recipe for the apple bundles. Easy & yummy.

Good luck with the show!

Attachments

• cheesy spinach pinwheels.pdf
    559 KB · Views: 289
  • apple bundle garden dip.doc
    27 KB · Views: 253
The Spinach Cabanara Pizza is made with the pillsbury pizza dough and are heavenly! Everyone loves them (that I have demoed them for) and they could be an appetizer or main dish... just a thought.

ChefPaulaB said:
The Spinach Cabanara Pizza is made with the pillsbury pizza dough and are heavenly! Everyone loves them (that I have demoed them for) and they could be an appetizer or main dish... just a thought.

when i made this at home it seemed like it had too much alfredo sauce (if this is the one I'm thinking of. How do you make it or am i thinking of something else?

Clubhouse Chicken Squares are always a hit, too.

Symara said:
when i made this at home it seemed like it had too much alfredo sauce (if this is the one I'm thinking of. How do you make it or am i thinking of something else?

It does have too much if you follow the recipe... I believe that I cut it in half when I make it. It's from the SB FW 08... it is really good though... Although, now that I think about it, I have never actually demo'd it, I have always made if for a lunch show where I make it and bring it and just talk about the products... so you would want to practice at home, but it is good, just cut back on the sauce. And I think that I put the spinach right in with the sauce before putting it on the pizza.... it's been a few months since I've made it.

ChefPaulaB said:
It does have too much if you follow the recipe... I believe that I cut it in half when I make it. It's from the SB FW 08... it is really good though... Although, now that I think about it, I have never actually demo'd it, I have always made if for a lunch show where I make it and bring it and just talk about the products... so you would want to practice at home, but it is good, just cut back on the sauce. And I think that I put the spinach right in with the sauce before putting it on the pizza.... it's been a few months since I've made it.

This is what I do - and at home, I often use a box of frozen spinach, thawed, with garlic crushed into it.

This is really good. I also add red onions and mushrooms to it when I make it at home.

Have u searched Pillsbury's website? Or are you wanting to stick strictly to a PC recipe?

What about the California Club Pizza in our new SB?

Aloha Pizza and the new Jalapeno Poppers are my favorite.

What are some easy appetizer ideas using Pilsbury products?

Here are 5 quick and delicious Pilsbury appetizers you can make in minutes:

• Garlic Knots - wrap Pilsbury pizza dough around a butter and garlic mixture, bake and serve with marinara sauce.
  • Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread - cut up Pilsbury crescent roll dough, stuff with your favorite cheese, and bake until golden brown.
  • Mini Crescent Dogs - wrap Pilsbury crescent roll dough around mini hot dogs and bake for a fun twist on pigs in a blanket.
  • Cream Cheese Pinwheels - spread Pilsbury crescent roll dough with cream cheese and your choice of toppings, roll up and slice into pinwheels before baking.
  • Buffalo Chicken Bites - mix shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, and cream cheese, wrap in Pilsbury crescent roll dough and bake for a tasty appetizer.

Can I make Pilsbury appetizers ahead of time?

Yes, many Pilsbury appetizers can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer until ready to bake. Just be sure to follow the recommended storage and reheating instructions on the package.

Are there any vegetarian Pilsbury appetizer options?

Yes, there are many vegetarian options for Pilsbury appetizers. You can substitute meat with vegetables or use Pilsbury products like crescent rolls or pizza dough to make delicious vegetarian bites. Here are a few ideas:

• Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels - mix chopped spinach, shredded cheese, and cream cheese, spread on Pilsbury crescent roll dough, roll up and slice into pinwheels before baking.
  • Veggie Pizza - spread Pilsbury pizza dough with your favorite sauce and top with vegetables and cheese for a delicious and customizable appetizer.
  • Stuffed Mushrooms - stuff whole mushrooms with a mixture of Pilsbury crescent roll dough, cream cheese, and your choice of veggies.

Are there any gluten-free options for Pilsbury appetizers?

Unfortunately, Pilsbury does not currently offer gluten-free options for their products. However, you can still create tasty appetizers using gluten-free alternatives for Pilsbury crescent rolls and pizza dough.

Can I use Pilsbury products to make sweet appetizers?

Yes, Pilsbury products can be used to make both savory and sweet appetizers. Here are a few ideas for sweet Pilsbury appetizers:

• Cinnamon Roll Bites - cut up Pilsbury cinnamon rolls into bite-sized pieces and bake for a delicious and easy treat.
  • Fruit Pizza - spread Pilsbury sugar cookie dough on a baking sheet, top with cream cheese and your choice of fruits for a sweet and colorful appetizer.
  • Chocolate Croissants - stuff Pilsbury crescent roll dough with chocolate chips or Nutella, roll up and bake for a sweet twist on the classic croissant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCwithStay-C
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies