• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beef Wellington Appetizer and Scallion Pancakes

In summary, the conversation revolved around making beef wellington as an appetizer for New Year's Eve. Suggestions were given for the best recipe, including using garlic and herb pub cheese and sautéed mushrooms and shallots as a base for the sauce. A recommendation was given to check the website for a recipe from a 5-ingredient chef. The recipe for Mini Beef Wellingtons was also shared, which involved searing the beef before wrapping it in puff pastry and baking it for 20-25 minutes.
ChefMary412
Has anyone made beef wellington as an appetizer? I want to do it for New Years Eve and want to see what you all have before I start googling it! It seems to be that you do not have to cook the beef before wrapping in the pastry dough? I was thinking of using a little garlic and herb pub cheese in it, too??
Suggestions please! I am also going to try to make some scallion pancakes since I have a bunch of leftover phyllo dough... anyone make that?

I just saw the 5-ingredient gal on Food Network do the Beef Wellington apps on her show. It was just the other day. I am sure you could find her recipe on their website.

She did cook the beef to brown (sear) it first. I think she used mushrooms & shallots as the base for the sauce.

On the Today Show this morning, they featured as one of the recipes Mini Beef Wellingtons - They looked absolutely delicious. I know that they said the recipe would be on the website, so you might check with that one. It seems to me that they did saute' the beef first though.

Here's the one from Food Network. She is the 5 ingredient chef - her name is Clare.

Mini Beef Wellingtons

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 24 (1-inch) cubes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
10 ounces cremini mushrooms, stemmed and finely chopped
1 large shallot, finely chopped
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed (recommended: Dufour)

Directions
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the beef dry with a paper towel and season all sides with salt and pepper. Quickly sear the beef on 2 sides only until deep golden brown, about 4 minutes total; do not overcook. Transfer to a plate to cool.

Add the mushrooms and cook until beginning to brown and release liquid, about 5 minutes. Add the shallots and continue cooking until mushroom mixture dries out, is golden brown and shallots are soft, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.

Preheat to the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.

On a work surface, roll 1 sheet of puff pastry to a 10 by 14-inch rectangle. Put teaspoon-sized mounds of mushroom mixture on the pastry, evenly spacing them in 4 rows of 3. Top the mushroom mound with a piece of beef, seared side up. With a sharp knife, cut the pastry into even squares around the meat and mushrooms. Working 1 at a time, pull 2 opposite sides of pastry up over each beef piece, then fold the ends over the top to make a packet. Invert and arrange the packets seam side down on the baking sheet and press them lightly to seal the pastry. Repeat with the remaining beef, mushrooms, and pastry.

Bake the Wellingtons until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven to a serving platter and let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.

thanks... that sounds nice and easy!!

What ingredients are needed for the Beef Wellington Appetizer?

The Beef Wellington Appetizer requires beef tenderloin, puff pastry, dijon mustard, mushrooms, garlic, and egg wash.

How long does it take to make the Beef Wellington Appetizer?

The prep time for the Beef Wellington Appetizer is approximately 30 minutes, with a cooking time of 25-30 minutes.

Can I make the Beef Wellington Appetizer ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Beef Wellington Appetizer up to 24 hours in advance and keep it in the refrigerator. Just make sure to add an extra 5-10 minutes to the cooking time.

What is the best way to serve the Beef Wellington Appetizer?

The Beef Wellington Appetizer should be served warm, either as bite-sized pieces or as a larger appetizer. Garnish with fresh herbs for added flavor and presentation.

What are some alternative ingredients I can use for the Scallion Pancakes?

If you want to switch up the Scallion Pancakes, you can use chives or green onions instead of scallions. You can also add in other chopped vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, or spinach for added flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMary412
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
myinnerchef
  • magentablue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
barbara_anne
  • chefdianne