• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a More Efficient Tote for Your Consultant Kit?

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding an easier way to transport heavy Pampered Chef products during sales events. Suggestions include using a luggage trolley or a regular rolling suitcase, carrying less and using the catalog, or utilizing the PC Picnic Tote. It is also suggested to adjust the show recipe to "Carry Less, Sell More" philosophy. Participants warn about the weight and difficulty of handling the PC rolling tote, especially on steps or gravel driveways. Some have found success with alternative methods of transportation.
KCPChef
Does anyone happen to have the $90 rolling tote that they would like to sell? I know that its a far cry, but just thought that I would check. I am 3 months pregnant and had a party this weekend and had a really hard time carrying the bags... Would love to get one so that it will be easier on me and so the bigger I get, I can still work! Thanks in advance!

I don't have one. But my sister used to have heavy medical equipment. My mom got her one of those luggage trolley things and they strapped the equipment on it and wheeled it around. You might be able to look into something like that for less then the rolling tote and then just strap your current tote on it. Here is an example: Lewis N. Clark Folding Luggage Cart Silver - Luggage Accessories

I love that and may look into something along that line. I have orthopedic issues and need an easier way to transport my stuff in and out of the houses.
I have seen those but never realized they were so affordable.
Many thanks

I never got one of those, but I wanted the convenience, so I started using a regular rolling suitcase. I figure the size must be pretty close to the dots one and I already had one. If you don't already have one, look for them at yard sales, on Craig's list, or on clearance at department stores. Good luck!

As far as the PC rolling tote is concerned unless someone is willing to give you a great deal on it you are better off buying it from a supply order. Shipping would be outrageous. And, by the way, it is not light, especially loaded. Consider taking two smaller bags and follow the suggestion of carrying less and using the catalog. Also, it is difficult to manage if you have a lot of steps or gravel dirveways.

BethCooks4U said:
As far as the PC rolling tote is concerned unless someone is willing to give you a great deal on it you are better off buying it from a supply order. Shipping would be outrageous.

And, by the way, it is not light, especially loaded. Consider taking two smaller bags and follow the suggestion of carrying less and using the catalog. Also, it is difficult to manage if you have a lot of steps or gravel dirveways.

Agreed. I love my for fairs, but it is tough to lift into the van will filled. It is a heavy sucker and also is a nightmare on steps. I Only use it at fairs when I'm taking lots of stuff.

flemings99 said:
Agreed. I love my for fairs, but it is tough to lift into the van will filled. It is a heavy sucker and also is a nightmare on steps. I Only use it at fairs when I'm taking lots of stuff.

That's when I use mine too.

BethCooks4U said:
As far as the PC rolling tote is concerned unless someone is willing to give you a great deal on it you are better off buying it from a supply order. Shipping would be outrageous.

And, by the way, it is not light, especially loaded. Consider taking two smaller bags and follow the suggestion of carrying less and using the catalog. Also, it is difficult to manage if you have a lot of steps or gravel driveways.

Agreed!:thumbup: You will have to get it out of your car trunk and back in. You MIGHT be able to get someone to help with that, but you never know if you'll have someone or not. Then steps. There are almost always a few steps.
I have a tote I purchased from an Office Supply store, but it can still get heavy.

I'd definitely recommend adjusting your show recipe to do a "Carry Less, Sell More" philosophy. I did a Cool -n-Serve show (from Summer Marketing Guide info) for my SIL and was able to get all of my tools in my Glassware tote bag! Then I just needed to carry my C-n-S tray and a bag for paperwork. I also just watched a video yesterday that showed a lady bringing all of her tools in the PC Picnic Tote we earned. You could watch that and modify accordingly. I don't think she USED the 12" skillet, but she brought it to talk about. You could alleviate that. But she was making a pasta dish using the DCB and the MFP for the sauce! Here is the link to the post about the videos. The first video in the playlist is the one I'm referring to. http://www.chefsuccess.com/f3/what-other-audio-files-59786/index2.html#post809133

esavvymom said:
Agreed!:thumbup: You will have to get it out of your car trunk and back in. You MIGHT be able to get someone to help with that, but you never know if you'll have someone or not. Then steps. There are almost always a few steps.
I have a tote I purchased from an Office Supply store, but it can still get heavy.

I'd definitely recommend adjusting your show recipe to do a "Carry Less, Sell More" philosophy. I did a Cool -n-Serve show (from Summer Marketing Guide info) for my SIL and was able to get all of my tools in my Glassware tote bag! Then I just needed to carry my C-n-S tray and a bag for paperwork. I also just watched a video yesterday that showed a lady bringing all of her tools in the PC Picnic Tote we earned. You could watch that and modify accordingly. I don't think she USED the 12" skillet, but she brought it to talk about. You could alleviate that. But she was making a pasta dish using the DCB and the MFP for the sauce! Here is the link to the post about the videos. The first video in the playlist is the one I'm referring to. http://www.chefsuccess.com/f3/what-other-audio-files-59786/index2.html#post809133

I have 3 shows this week, and very little time to prepare for them. I watched that video where the lady carried everything in her Picnic Basket, and that's what I'm planning on doing for all 3 of my shows! (2 skinny dipping shows, and 1 salad show)

ChefBeckyD said:
I have 3 shows this week, and very little time to prepare for them. I watched that video where the lady carried everything in her Picnic Basket, and that's what I'm planning on doing for all 3 of my shows! (2 skinny dipping shows, and 1 salad show)

My only thing is that she made it sound like if you became a consultant, you'd get one of THOSE baskets. She should play that part differently, but the idea was great! I loved how things just kept coming out of her basket and then she stuck her head inside to see if there was more. :D

Im going to watch the video on my break! Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate it!

A sister consultant has paired down her kit to 2 reusable shopping totes and a paperwork bag. I'm still intrigued to find out what recipes she offering and what all is packed in there! I would suggest looking into something like that.

1. What are the dimensions of the Iso Rolling Consultant Tote?

The dimensions of the Iso Rolling Consultant Tote are 15" x 13" x 18.5".

2. Is the tote waterproof?

No, the tote is not waterproof. It is made of durable polyester material, but it is not designed to be fully water-resistant.

3. How many compartments does the tote have?

The tote has a total of six compartments - four on the outside and two on the inside.

4. Can the tote fit a 15-inch laptop?

Yes, the tote has a padded laptop compartment that can fit up to a 15-inch laptop.

5. Does the tote come with a warranty?

Yes, the Iso Rolling Consultant Tote comes with a one-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Please see our website for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Patti
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • nsmith
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
nsmith
  • chiapuzio