• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Dessert Recipe - Has Anyone Done the Taffy Apple Tartlets?

In summary, the dessert recipe recommended by the expert is the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies. The expert recommends making changes to the recipe, such as using fat free caramel dip and changing the amount of caramel in the recipe.
erinhoward
Hi - I have a show in a month Saturday night at 7 pm, I would like to do a dessert. I am quite new so I mostly only have the starter kit products, but I could probably borrow most anything from my director if I needed to.

I'm thinking about the taffy apple tartlets which are in the latest Season's Best recipe book. It uses all starter-kit products including the mini-muffin pan.

Has anyone done this at a show, if so how was it?

Or, do you recommend any other dessert recipes that are good for a beginner?

I have not done this recipe however, one of the new girls in our cluster did..and she raved about it..she absolutely loved it

It was yummy too..she brought it to our meeting..LOL

Ummm... my husband requests them pretty much every single day once apple season starts. They are nothing short of amazing!!! :D

See, I did not like these at all. Maybe I did something wrong, I keep saying that I'm going to try them again, guess I'll have to, because the first time was not a hit. As far as a recipe for your show with the starter kit, Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies! They are awesome! And easy!

I've been making them since I got back from NC. I have had past hostesses ask me to make them, so they could take them fo functions they are going to.. I have friends invite me over and request them when I come..

I could easily eat 5-6 in a sitting :p I have to make double batches!

I have made these at shows and make them at home quite a bit. I did make 2 changes to the recipe that I feel works better for me and is quicker. One is that I do not put a half of a Caramel in the bottom of each one. I use fat free Caramel Dip instead of the butterscotch caramel sauce. The dip is thicker and it just appeals to me and my family/ guests more. When I do this at shows I always have the steps written down on index cards and label them steps 1, 2, and 3 and hand them out to three different people and have them choose a partner to help them.

I always use the "nut-free alternate topping" (chopped pretzels) instead of chopped peanuts and I LOVE them that way- so good!

patty42240 said:
I have made these at shows and make them at home quite a bit. I did make 2 changes to the recipe that I feel works better for me and is quicker. One is that I do not put a half of a Caramel in the bottom of each one. I use fat free Caramel Dip instead of the butterscotch caramel sauce. The dip is thicker and it just appeals to me and my family/ guests more. When I do this at shows I always have the steps written down on index cards and label them steps 1, 2, and 3 and hand them out to three different people and have them choose a partner to help them.

I think that it was the caramels that totally turned us off to these, so maybe I'll try the caramel dip instead, and it didn't have a lot of taste, but I can't remember what kind of apple that I used... any suggestions on the apple type?

patty42240 said:

I use the caramel bit rather than the caramel squares, the bits' melt great. I drop 4-5 in the bottom of the crust before I add the apple filling.

ChefPaulaB said:
See, I did not like these at all. Maybe I did something wrong, I keep saying that I'm going to try them again, guess I'll have to, because the first time was not a hit. As far as a recipe for your show with the starter kit, Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies! They are awesome! And easy!

We didn't like them either. And I've had them a couple times when others have made them, and didn't care for them then either.

Personally, I think it's too much crust, and not enough apple. If I'm going to go to that much trouble, I'd rather make a caramel apple pie!

*Love* them warm. They are just ok when room temp.

we love them here too!! and i use the caramel dip as well, it is sooo much easier!

I use the granny smith apples...the tartness makes all the difference in the world! And I am loving the idea of using pretzels instead of peanuts...going to definitely try that. Usually when I make them I alternate rows with peanuts and rows without...keeps everyone happy!

Have not had them but LOVE LOVE LOVE the Taffy Apple Pizza. It's always gone in two seconds and a recipe I'd like to use at fall shows (along with Grandmas apple crisp). The TA Pizza is def an oldie but goodie! I had it at my first show I went to 11yrs ago and people still mention it to me. (It's in All the Best CB for anyone who is curious)

I like using the caramel or cinammon sprinkles for the topping - and I use the caramel bits too. You can find them by the chocolate chips.

1. Can I make the taffy apple tartlets ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the taffy apple tartlets ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Simply reheat them in the oven before serving for the best taste and texture.

2. Can I use store-bought pie crust for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought pie crust for the taffy apple tartlets, but we recommend using a high-quality pie crust for the best results. Alternatively, you can make your own homemade pie crust using our Traditional Pie Crust recipe.

3. Can I substitute the apples for a different fruit?

Yes, you can substitute the apples for a different fruit such as pears or peaches. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and use firm, ripe fruit for the best results.

4. Can I use a different type of sugar for the taffy sauce?

Yes, you can use a different type of sugar for the taffy sauce, but we recommend using light brown sugar for the best flavor. You can also use a combination of white and brown sugar if desired.

5. Can I freeze the taffy apple tartlets?

Yes, you can freeze the taffy apple tartlets before or after baking. To freeze before baking, assemble the tartlets and place them on a baking sheet in the freezer until frozen solid. Then transfer them to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. To freeze after baking, let the tartlets cool completely and then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container. Reheat in the oven before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• armywyf
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedpnina
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • doughmama