• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need a Dessert Recipe for a Diabetic

In summary, the show's host is trying to come up with a dessert that a diabetic woman will enjoy, but does not have access to sugar. Several people offer suggestions, including an alternate recipe for sugar-free pudding that uses crushed pineapple.
pixel-_
I have a show coming up for a woman that is borderline diabetic. She loves desserts, but can not have the sugar. I really need to make this into a good show and would like to offer her a dessert. I have done some searching for any PC recipe but can not come up with one. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Cakes are fun desserts, simple to prepare and do not have exceptionally high amounts of added sugar. Most of the sugar is found in the icing or frosting. If you are counting carbohydrate grams, you'll find that a mere tablespoon of icing can have as many carbohydrates as a whole apple or a large bowl of strawberries. Alternate toppings for cakes which you might find pleasing include: * Fruit
* "Lite" Whipped Topping
* Cream Cheese Frosting
* GlazeThese toppings are low in added sugar and fat and allow you to have your cake - and eat it too! ...microwave a cake and add fruit to it that you slice with your tools?

WHen is your show?? My grandfather is diabetic and my grandma has a ton of really good diabetic reciepes. They use splenda and if she is doing the show she should have it on hand. I can get chocolate chip cookie bars (in the bar pan) or desserts for the 9X9 stone. Cherry cobler and pumpkin cheesecake. She may have a few more, but these would be good at showing off the stoneware for Feb.
I will talk to her ASAP (hopefully tonight) and post them when I get them!!
And the desserts she makes are tasty enough for everyone, we eat them all the time and some taste better than regular desserts!!
Okay I really want some of her cherry cobler now! hehe

How about sugar free Jell-O in the Silicone Floral Pan? Serve with SF Cool Whip.
Eddy's makes a yummy SF Ice Cream. How about something with that? What about an ice cream cake in the Spring Form pan with sugar free cookie crust? Pepridge(sp) Farms makes SF Milanos that are good and SF Oreos are also good. My Grandpa lives with me and he is a diabetic.
I just made fruit Kebobs for my sons class, they were good too. I crinkle cut the fruit and used small cookie cutters to make shapes. I'd avoid grapes and watermelon, they are very high in natural sugar. Melon, strawberries, kiwi, orange wedges are some better choices.
HTH

I did a show for a lady whose friends all had some kind of dietary limitation. We did the Apple Cranberry pie and we used Splenda. Using Splenda helped them. Everyone was able to eat it.

A coworker of mine is diabetic and she says that white flour can actually wreak more havoc on blood sugar than sugar does. So you may want to focus on something that's also flour-free.

Thank you all so much for your input. The party is going to be on Jan. 13th but I need to get some recipes to her ASAP. The only problem is, is that I am still REALLY new and do not have much product. I would probably need something that can be done with the SS kit. Thanks again for all of your thoughts!

okay w/ your ss kit you could do the diabetic chocolate chip cookies. All you do is use the toll house cookie receipe.
Difference:
when you add the eggs and vanilla add in 1/2 cup of applesauce (it will mix in but takes a little bit longer)
then substitue the same amount of splenda for the sugar
for the brown sugar: sugar twin is best, but there is also a splenda brown sugar so either works

Everything else is the same. After it is mixed together you can cook them like cookies on your round stone, put down parchment paper and make a cookie pizza, or make them into bars if you have the large bar pan. You could demo a lot w/ just a plain cookie recipe.
Good luck!

My husband's late mother was diabetic and she was always inventing desserts that were awesome and light! Our favorite is to take a package of sugar-free vanilla pudding and add it to a drained can of crushed pineapple. Mix together. Serve with a dollop of diet Cool Whip. As it was always so popular, we usually doubled the batch.

Trish in Texas
Future Director and Recruiter

Go to the posting HELP ME, HELP THIS LITTLE GIRL. I have posted a recipe that I believe you might be able to use too. I believe my post was #6. It is for a Strawberry Yogurt pie (no crust). It could be done with orange/peach
Sugar Free gelatin, as an option. Hope this helps.

1. Can you recommend a dessert recipe that is suitable for someone with diabetes?

Yes, we have several dessert recipes that are specifically designed for individuals with diabetes. These recipes use sugar substitutes and incorporate healthier ingredients to make them diabetic-friendly.

2. Are these diabetic-friendly dessert recipes still delicious?

Absolutely! Our recipes are carefully tested and developed to ensure that they are both healthy and tasty. We use ingredients that add natural sweetness and flavor to the desserts without compromising on taste.

3. Can I find these recipes on your website or in your catalog?

Yes, you can find a variety of diabetic-friendly dessert recipes on our website and in our catalog. We are committed to providing options for individuals with dietary restrictions, including those with diabetes.

4. Do these recipes require any special equipment?

No, our dessert recipes for diabetics do not require any special equipment. They can be made using basic kitchen tools and appliances that you likely already have at home.

5. Are these recipes easy to follow?

Yes, our dessert recipes for diabetics are designed to be simple and easy to follow. We understand the importance of making healthy eating as convenient as possible, and our recipes reflect that.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianevill
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PamperedDebbie
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies