• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Reflection on My Best Conference Experience

Amanda, I bet it was helpful to hear the struggles of people that had made it. You are right, you always hear the success stories, but never how they got there, or how they struggled to get there. Congrats on your pregnancy! How awesome is that? You are right, you always hear the success stories, but never how they got there, or how they struggled to get there.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
As I come home and try to catch up on lost sleep and reflect on this conference experience, I have come to the conclusion this was my best conference.I started off on a high right before leaving for conference finding out that we were pregnant expecting #2 March 13th. It was a long road, and I had given up and had accepted the fact we would have just ds. I feel really bad because I told my sis that she could have all the baby stuff, now I have to tell her sorry.We met Cheryl (Koolutos) & her group the first night and had a blast. She has such great energy.Having dinner w/ Morfia, Ida, & Karynne (I think that's how she spelled it) & celebrating Ida's promotion. She worked hard for that promotion, and I was very proud to celebrate w/ her.Both meet & greet's were awesome and it's always great to meet & talk in person vrs. over the computer. We kept MissChef on her best behavior this year (J/K), I love you.I had great workshops, and can't wait to start implementing some new things.My exec. dinner (Barbara Duke) was the aha moment that I needed. Ginny (kitchen2u) came and talked to Ida & Me and gave me the butt kicking that I needed w/ HW.
My Goals:
Walk at Leadership (big as a house)
Earn Level 2 or higher (I have to take the Gift Cert. Since I am due when the trips are)
Set my biz up so I don't have to take a leave when the baby comes.Then one of our guest speakers Jody Williams an AD in our group talked about how we always hear the success stories, but rarely hear the stories of how many tries it took to get there. It was awesome to here because I have had a goal for awhile to promote and have not made it, I feel like my dir has given up on me. Usually she will give me the talk about promoting, this year I didn't even hear a thing. Overall it was just awesome, thanks to everyone for being great, especially Ida for putting up w/ me.I can't wait till Den, so I can walk as a New Dir.:D

Last edited:
Amanda, I bet it was helpful to hear the struggles of people that had made it. You are right, you always hear the success stories, but never how they got there, or how they struggled to get there.

Congrats on your pregnancy! How awesome is that?

It sounds like you got just what you needed for conference and I'm so glad that you could go there and get that push you needed!!!

Yippee Amanda!

I am excited for you...pregnancy AND your business!! How cool!

Kitchen Diva said:
Amanda, I bet it was helpful to hear the struggles of people that had made it. You are right, you always hear the success stories, but never how they got there, or how they struggled to get there.

Congrats on your pregnancy! How awesome is that?

It sounds like you got just what you needed for conference and I'm so glad that you could go there and get that push you needed!!!

It was extremely helpful. I love aha moments!

Does anyone know who had their baby at conference?

KellyTheChef said:
Yippee Amanda!

I am excited for you...pregnancy AND your business!! How cool!

Thank you Kelly!:D

Where did you get those baby stages pics I thought those were cool.

crissy11 said:

What? I didn't hear anything about that.

pamperedalf said:
Having dinner w/ Morfia, Ida, & Kareyn (I think that's how she spelled it) & celebrating Ida's promotion. She worked hard for that promotion, and I was very proud to celebrate w/ her.

Both meet & greet's were awesome and it's always great to meet & talk in person vrs. over the computer.

I too had a great time at Shula's celebrating Ida's promotion. And the interesting man at the next table on a date and he bought us all drinks. :)

I went to both get togethers and they were fun. Whoever said that we won't be at the lunch get together next year is right. We WILL be at the Director's lunch. (I just have to start all over and find some recruits)

Glad you enjoyed the conference Amanda and you got a lot from it, that's awesome!

crissy11 said:

Gross!! :yuck: Glad it wasn't anyone near me!

--
I noticed that attendees were either first-timers, or had more than 5 years of service. That indicates to me that it was either excited newbies or people who have a long-term commitment to their business who were there.

If you round up extra on supply orders to make the lanyard recognition, don't bother. That doesn't count (otherwise, I'd have had the blue one instead of brown).

Be careful what you post. HO does have lurkers here, and they do recognize us. Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

chefann said:
Gross!! :yuck: Glad it wasn't anyone near me!

--
I noticed that attendees were either first-timers, or had more than 5 years of service. That indicates to me that it was either excited newbies or people who have a long-term commitment to their business who were there.

If you round up extra on supply orders to make the lanyard recognition, don't bother. That doesn't count (otherwise, I'd have had the blue one instead of brown).

Be careful what you post. HO does have lurkers here, and they do recognize us. Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

So...how do you know? Did someone say something to you? Were there a bunch of HO people waiting to meet you? LOL...inquiring minds want to know!!

chefann said:

OK, how?
Did you get in trouble?

Two different HO people saw my button (with "chefann" written on it) and said, "Ohhh... so you're chefann." One was in the Tech area. The other was Kristi in the charitable programs booth. Both were actually positive interactions, but it was a little nervewracking at first.

chefann said:
Two different HO people saw my button (with "chefann" written on it) and said, "Ohhh... so you're chefann."

One was in the Tech area. The other was Kristi in the charitable programs booth. Both were actually positive interactions, but it was a little nervewracking at first.

Yeah, I am thinking it may have given me a paranoid feeling!!

chefann said:
Two different HO people saw my button (with "chefann" written on it) and said, "Ohhh... so you're chefann."

One was in the Tech area. The other was Kristi in the charitable programs booth. Both were actually positive interactions, but it was a little nervewracking at first.

Okay - the Tech area I can understand...we knew that last year...but the Charitable Giving person? THAT would be a bit un-nerving!

She said that she comes on here, mostly in May, to make sure that people are spreading accurate information about what the HWC money does. Some consultants say that it goes to research, but it doesn't. She also likes to read what HWC items people want. She had alreay gone through the sticky notes from Conference 1 by the time we were there and said there were some good ideas.She also thinks that my clustermate and I are nuts. We were having a hard time thinking of cute names for teams for the walk, and brought her a list from the internet later that day. They were funny: Save Second Base, Breast Friends Forever, A Trip Down Mammary Lane, Thanks for the Mammaries, etc. :)

Ann I reread the thread going where did that come from? Thanks for explaining.

A baby at Conference - man, I miss all the fun! :(

Meaning giving birth or taking the kid along????

My clustermate came w/child. Her parents came along to help babysit. The first day, the bus driver let her and her child on the bus. But when they pulled in, the transit authority had a cow about having someone under age 18 on the bus. They had to spend a fortune on a cab to get her parents over from the hotel to McCormick to pick the baby up.

chefann said:
We were having a hard time thinking of cute names for teams for the walk, They were funny: Save Second Base, Breast Friends Forever, A Trip Down Mammary Lane, Thanks for the Mammaries, etc. :)

This one gets my vote. Love it!

From what I heard it was a lady who's doctor told her not to go that she was too far along. She went anyway and had her baby, the people I heard it from said at conference but they just may have meant while she was there.
I seen alot of pregnant women and wondered if it was one of them.

I saw a T-shirt for sale today that said "Save the Ta-Ta's !!

crissy11 said:
From what I heard it was a lady who's doctor told her not to go that she was too far along. She went anyway and had her baby, the people I heard it from said at conference but they just may have meant while she was there.
I seen alot of pregnant women and wondered if it was one of them.

That's why I didn't go! It killed me, but I just felt I HAD to listen to him. Today, I am 36 weeks. I figured I'll go next year with DH and baby.

Same here. I am only 32 weeks, but I am already huge & all that walking would have killed me. Plus Dr. did not want me flying....

I sure hope mom & baby are well.

AJPratt said:
That's why I didn't go! It killed me, but I just felt I HAD to listen to him. Today, I am 36 weeks. I figured I'll go next year with DH and baby.

Anne I can't believe you are 36 weeks already. Are you ready for the baby? We missed you at conference.

chefann said:
She said that she comes on here, mostly in May, to make sure that people are spreading accurate information about what the HWC money does. Some consultants say that it goes to research, but it doesn't. She also likes to read what HWC items people want. She had alreay gone through the sticky notes from Conference 1 by the time we were there and said there were some good ideas.

She also thinks that my clustermate and I are nuts. We were having a hard time thinking of cute names for teams for the walk, and brought her a list from the internet later that day. They were funny: Save Second Base, Breast Friends Forever, A Trip Down Mammary Lane, Thanks for the Mammaries, etc. :)

There was a high school group from around here a couple months ago that was raising money for breast cancer research, & they made t-shirts with that logo & got all this negative attention & their school wouldn't let them sell them there. Sheesh, they were just trying to raise money!

Amanda---CONGRATS on #2! That's so exciting:)
And way to go on the aha moments!
Mine & another cluster-mate of mine's aha was during the new director walk. We were saying how we couldn't wear those feather boa's & tiaras etc.....(& that's in no offense to any of you if you did...just not for me!) So our director said that if we promote by leadership, we don't have to wear them. But, if we don't promote until next conference, she's buying us the pink feather boas & the whole works, & we have to wear them:p

OH, & I loved Kris Madden's story....didn't you all? I got to meet her too; she doesn't live too far away from me--such a nice gal!

lacychef said:
OH, & I loved Kris Madden's story....didn't you all? I got to meet her too; she doesn't live too far away from me--such a nice gal!

I love Kris! I had lunch with her at the Director Event and she is a fantastic person. :D

pamperedalf said:
Anne I can't believe you are 36 weeks already. Are you ready for the baby? We missed you at conference.

No where near ready!

The baby isn't or you isn't? I have a feeling you are but the baby ain't!
I hope you are doing well though! I hope all goes very smoothly!

AJPratt said:
No where near ready!

Oh you will be, I have 34 weeks to get my 2nd bedroom cleared out and redone for my 4 year old.

We go a week from Friday to find out if it's twins. Fingers & Toes crossed that it's one. Twins run on my mom's side, then I won't be able to go to Leadership.

pampered1224 said:
The baby isn't or you isn't? I have a feeling you are but the baby ain't!
I hope you are doing well though! I hope all goes very smoothly!

I don't think either of us are ready!!

AJPratt said:
I don't think either of us are ready!!

Anne, did you see the cute pink diaper bags that Merrill has? You need one!

lacychef said:
Anne, did you see the cute pink diaper bags that Merrill has? You need one!

Actually, my director picked one up for me! Isn't that awesome?!

That is awesome! I thought about getting one for my sis who's expecting a girl; but wasn't sure if she'd like it.

Those bags are cute ... one of my clustermates said, "It's supposed to be a diaper bag, but hey, I have kids!"

I thought they were cute, but I am not a pink person. I would love it in green, purple, light blue.

I was never a pink person either Amanda; until I had 2 daughters! Now they've converted me....just a little bit! I do like pink/brown together like the bag though.

AJPratt said:
Actually, my director picked one up for me! Isn't that awesome?!

She told me she got you one cuz you're all about the pink and brown. :D

If you're too old to carry a diaper bag for your kids, maybe you can carry one for your Depends. LOL!

DebbieJ said:
She told me she got you one cuz you're all about the pink and brown. :D

Yes, I am all about the pink and brown.

Anne did you peek at your baby or is it a surprise?I almost bought the bag, but would feel guilty if I had another boy and him have a pink bag. Like I said I am not a pink person, but that could change if I have a girl.

We are having a girl!

I always thought HWC money was for research, education and awareness...what is it for?

AJPratt said:
We are having a girl!

Wahoo!!!!:D I am so happy for you, I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a girl. DS & DH wants a boy, so we will see in 14ish weeks.

Shawnna said:
I always thought HWC money was for research, education and awareness...what is it for?

Education and awareness, I believe.

Ann F said:
Education and awareness, I believe.

That's right. Education, awareness and early detection programs.

Breast Cancer Education and Early Detection Programs is how it is listed. It needs to be conveyed correctly or you are actually misrepresnting what we are doing with the moneys. And that can cause problems strangely enough if someone got really "creepy" about you using the wrong words. It is concidered false advertising. (I know, but some people!)

1. How does pregnancy factor into your conference experience?

Pregnancy played a big role in my conference experience this year as I found out I was expecting my second child just before leaving for conference. It was a long road and I had given up hope, so it was a very exciting and emotional time for me.

2. Who did you meet at conference and what was your experience like?

I had the pleasure of meeting Cheryl (Koolutos) and her group on the first night and we had a blast together. Cheryl's energy was contagious and it was great to connect with her in person. I also had a wonderful dinner with Morfia, Ida, and Karynne to celebrate Ida's promotion. It was a proud moment and I was happy to celebrate with her.

3. What were your favorite parts of conference?

I had a great experience at both the meet & greets and loved getting to meet and talk with other consultants in person rather than just online. I also had some great workshops and can't wait to implement some new ideas in my business. My executive dinner with Barbara Duke was the "aha" moment I needed and I also received a much needed "butt kicking" from Ginny (kitchen2u) during a conversation with Ida and myself.

4. What were your goals at conference and did you achieve them?

My main goals were to walk at leadership (even though I was big as a house) and to earn Level 2 or higher. Unfortunately, I will have to take the Gift Certificate instead of the trip since I am due when the trips are. I also wanted to set my business up so I wouldn't have to take a leave when the baby comes. I am happy to say that I achieved all of my goals!

5. What was the most impactful moment of conference for you?

One of our guest speakers, Jody Williams, an AD in our group, shared her story of perseverance and how many tries it took for her to achieve success. It was a refreshing reminder that success often comes after multiple attempts and that it's important to keep pushing towards our goals. This was especially meaningful to me as I have been working towards a promotion and have not yet achieved it. It was also great to have support from fellow consultants, especially Ida, who has been with me throughout my journey. Overall, it was an amazing conference and I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chozengirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CAmomCookin4U
Replies
Views
Chozengirl
Replies
Views
cookie325